Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Was I alone, early in the last, in detecting a note of disappointment creeping in to the Channel 7 call, as we put them to the sword?
Disgusting to be honest with their bias. Serves them right. Stuff the haters. ohh no fairytale ending, The true story was 3 in 4 yrs Bruce ! Thats the fairytale. Read your script from the non-fiction section for once!.

All I can say. MEDIA get ready for the 3 peat !

Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Was I alone, early in the last, in detecting a note of disappointment creeping in to the Channel 7 call, as we put them to the sword?
I watched it on mute lounder, however watching the replay they definitely got a bit flat late, may have been simply the fix had gone out of the game....probably not ;)

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Screw the media just jumped on the lovefest of a fairy tail ending for cats.

Reactions: 1 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Still couldn’t say Dustys the best going around
Yeah I noticed that too. Called danger the "best player in the game" when they were talking about his time in the forward line in the third quarter, then corrected himself and said one of the best two players in the game. Probably still not even correct

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I don't care who provides the service, let 7 provide a pay stream without ads if they like.

So if people can't afford pay TV they can just miss out?

How about the ABC broadcast the Grand Final, no ads and free.

This from the person who keeps reminding us that TV rights fund footy, well, how do you think the TV channels get revenue to fund the footy?

DS

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
o_O

Isn't this the footy media thread? Just watched my first Richmond Grand Final on TV and hated the experience. Every time there was a big moment, instead of soaking it up we went to an ad. Totally ruined the flow of the experience.

I don't care who provides the service, let 7 provide a pay stream without ads if they like.

Being OS I watched through watchafl.com.au, they took the 7 feed but no ads during play. I assumed Foxtel would also provide the game in Australia?

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
o_O

Isn't this the footy media thread? Just watched my first Richmond Grand Final on TV and hated the experience. Every time there was a big moment, instead of soaking it up we went to an ad. Totally ruined the flow of the experience.

At least they dialled back the incessant gambling ads.