Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

The AFL’s disdain for our club goes back at least a decade.

- Gary March spoke about asking for AFL assistance around 2009 when we were broke and being knocked back despite the AFL giving other struggling clubs millions in handouts.

- Getting Skoda to shift their sponsorship from us to GWS.

- Reports several AFL commissioners were upset that we beat GWS in the prelim in 2017. Again in the GF in 2019.

- Being lowballed on free agency compo for Ellis.

- Excessive punishment for Stack and CCJ compared to other clubs and players with similar breaches.

- Recent rule changes that feel oddly targeted at us.

There are others but those are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head.
Tony Lockett

Reactions: 1 users
Looking forward to the Richmond love from the media later today about how we're taking a hit for the good of the competition by moving our home game to Sydney :rolleyes:

Damn. That wouldn’t have been our decision. Gil gets the inside word from the government before everyone else.

I’ll be expecting a lengthy lockdown if Richmond doesn’t fly back after the game.

I've been thinking about the $20k "fine" that's been foisted on Shai & the RFC & I seem to recall that SUPPOSEDLY the MAXIMUM fine that can be levied against an AFL player is $5k.
If so how come Shai & The Club have to pay such a high penalty.

Seems inordinately excessive to me, but maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Ahh. But it’s not a fine is it. Didn’t the AFL say that it was a “donation” to a charity?
*smile*

Reactions: 1 user
Looking forward to the Richmond love from the media later today about how we're taking a hit for the good of the competition by moving our home game to Sydney :rolleyes:
Cornedbeef will still be complaining that Richmond has a favoured draw.

Peggy is just a conspiracy theorist…

Peggy O'Neal comes across as a measured and reasonable person, certainly not one for hyperbole.

If you are p***ing Peggy O'Neal off then you really must be doing something wrong.

The AFL is total amateur hour with so many vested interests and snouts in the trough nothing coming out of those morons would surprise me.

Time to unleash the Tiger Army on those morons. Without the big clubs the AFL are screwed.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Isn't there a cap that the AFL or Club can find a player?
AFL changed it to a donation, fine goes up.

According to Eddie in that clip above the club is limited to $5K but the AFL can come over the top with a larger fine.

AFL is law within itself.
But that’s a great point, why does Richmond cop these huge fines? Compared to other clubs?
$20,000 is overtop, free kick count against Brisbane on the back of what Dimma and Gale said?
fish rots from the head down.
If the free kick count is because of comments from those in our Club that is as unprofessional as it gets & all involved should be sacked, umpires included.

Carey's article today 'Bont is the best right now'

what a load of *smile*. Bont is great and I like him a lot, but he's clearly No.2 by a significant margin.

If he want to live in the moment, Carey should write a live blog feed on who is the best, right now!

and if Zac Guthrie broke a tackle and kicked a 55m goal, he could be the best for 2 minutes?

and If Rhyan Matheson hits Joe with a worm burner at training on Sunday morning, he takes the mantle.

quick! lets check who's the best right now

Carey's article today 'Bont is the best right now'

what a load of *smile*. Bont is great and I like him a lot, but he's clearly No.2 by a significant margin.

If he want to live in the moment, Carey should write a live blog feed on who is the best, right now!

and if Zac Guthrie broke a tackle and kicked a 55m goal, he could be the best for 2 minutes?

and If Rhyan Matheson hits Joe with a worm burner at training on Sunday morning, he takes the mantle.

quick! lets check who's the best right now

Its all because last week Robinson jumped into Martin, tackled him high, drove him into the ground that the dumb media think his aura is gone.

Incidentally no free, taken high by a thug.

Martin won’t last the season without getting a serious injury if players are allowed to tackle him like that.

I thought the umps were meant to protect the stars of the game.

Reactions: 4 users
Its all because last week Robinson jumped into Martin, tackled him high, drove him into the ground that the dumb media think his aura is gone.

Martin won’t last the season without getting a serious injury if players are allowed to tackle him like that.

yep. just wait for them to blow the pea clean out of the whistle calling a 'tunnelling' free against The Champ when he barges through a jump-tackle

*smile* jump tackle.

Seems the head high contact on Richmond players doesn't exist
only if tigers players infringe