Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Its all because last week Robinson jumped into Martin, tackled him high, drove him into the ground that the dumb media think his aura is gone.

Incidentally no free, taken high by a thug.

Martin won’t last the season without getting a serious injury if players are allowed to tackle him like that.

I thought the umps were meant to protect the stars of the game.
https://images.app.goo.gl/jm4x5RzKfDJyvq297

Attachments

• E00523D5-E194-48C8-B53A-E9CC5048D09B.jpeg
    E00523D5-E194-48C8-B53A-E9CC5048D09B.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 26
Agreed ToO, reckon Robinson caught Dusty fair and square. Dusty bit off a bit more than he could chew on that occasion.

Still think Robinson is a flog though.

Reactions: 1 users
Its all because last week Robinson jumped into Martin, tackled him high, drove him into the ground that the dumb media think his aura is gone.

Incidentally no free, taken high by a thug.

Martin won’t last the season without getting a serious injury if players are allowed to tackle him like that.

I thought the umps were meant to protect the stars of the game.
Yep, but I think we'd just like the Umps to adjudicate the laws of the game as they apply fairly to us.

It was an atrocious high tackle. While numerous other ones on our players were ignored also.

Balta absolutely clubbed Daniher over the head 25 metres out from goal on the weekend and no call was made. They miss them and pay them both ways.
They appeared to miss quite a lot of frees to both sides and still managed to pay an above-average 44. Maybe they should umpire the game instead of to a quota.

Reactions: 1 user
not if you factor in all the high fends our Dusty gets away with. And good on him, but let's stop pretending that doesn't happen.
Greatly overstated. Mostly he just pushes the point of the shoulder.

We're getting Kentucky fried by those *smile* and no amount of random anecdotes makes it better.

If you look at that screen shot closely, where his arm is crossing the shoulder and where the shadow is on the jumper, I don't think he is even touching him in that shot, rather he has his arm in the air above his shoulder blades.
He makes high contact to Dusty's face/head, above the shoulders with both hands. He must because he has actually leapt above him then drops down on him with his arms. Could have easily been awarded high. Was there some talk of a martial arts tactic? Just happened to land on him with both knees too; not in a hurry to get off. How unfortunate. How's your ribs, Dusty?

Dusty's foot trouble may also have affected his strength to push off too perhaps.

Should be great for the game to see more variations of this 'tackle' now allowed. Parents at junior footy where there are great size disparities are going to fall in love with this one.

Balta absolutely clubbed Daniher over the head 25 metres out from goal on the weekend and no call was made. They miss them and pay them both ways.

And you say that with no bias? Absolutely clubbed?

You know Balta actually punches the ball? The contact with Daniher is after he hits the ball, is that not incidental contact in a marking contest? He didn't chop the arms he punched the ball.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if that's it but I have one he gave Hartlett in the centre of the Adelaide Oval as his best ever don't argue. Absolutely brutalised him.

yeah that was a good one, I can see why the umpire was reluctant to give a free there given the artistry on display

There's the odd one where his hand strays or slips. How many of those were paid as frees against?

Hartlett should do something about that loose neck skin. Makes him look like a lizard.

Good point re Hartlett, maybe that's why he's dropped this week.

Now find all the images of Dusty fending off from "the point of the shoulder". Can't say I recall any.

1622173436264.png