Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Last year Hardwick the Great.
This year is lets get him back for all his after game press conference's and let's throw in his personnel life while we are at it.
The media 88% of them are massive Richmond haters.
Watching us succeed under a coach 88% would laugh at has destroyed them.
Hardwick next year will be the most successful coach in the comp by a country mile.
Longmire, Simpson, Scott and Beveridge are no Where near him.
Its like comparing Teague to Hafey.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Media tell us they are tired of players and coaches being robots.
But once they speak their mind the media rip them to shreds!
Because they know that controversy sells. I think it is a reflection on the people that lap up what the media says more than anything. Thats the way the world is these days.

Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Don't know why the coaches and players don't put a ban on some of these journo's and media outlets that talk *smile*.

if I was a 3 time premiership coach I'd tell them to get *smile*

We should have Nank do all our press conferences

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Its even worse now that they are no face to face and are hiding behind screens.
Dimma bring nank into the presser with him, that would be great to see them squirm

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Well done Dimma for not giving anything to the little up n comer Damien Barret wannabe journo's trying to get another headline.

Reactions: 1 user

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Love to see him do the press conferences the way he played
I don't. I think it is a sign of loss of control. Can still stick up for his players and give the commentator a clip but he obviously let his emotions get the better of him. (That's not a defence of the journo(s), most are pretty ordinary trying to turn molehills into mountains for a news cycle.)

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Because they know that controversy sells. I think it is a reflection on the people that lap up what the media says more than anything. Thats the way the world is these days.

The world always was that way, but it's amped up by a factor of ten with online media/social media...

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What happened Baloo?
Journo asked a question re: Jono Brown. Dimma answered that included the line "next time I see Jono he'll call me a *smile*, I'll call him a *smile*, and we're all good and we move on". Next Journo wanted to continue the Jono Brown line. Dimma said No. Journo kept pushing, Dimma said next question. Journo kept going, long winded question that probably took 45secs to get out. Dimma replied "you want me to say it again?" (or something like that)

here you go

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
While it may be true that the media, well the broadcasters who televise footy, do fund the AFL, this does not give them carte blanche to be complete f***wits and morons.

The media are currently doing a pretty good job of trying to kill the golden goose the way they go on about everything - it isn't doing the AFL any good because it is just clickbait *smile*. If there was some more intelligent coverage of the game and actually challenging the AFL when they need to be held up to scrutiny it would be in the long term interests of the game.

DS

Reactions: 9 users

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Journo asked a question re: Jono Brown. Dimma answered that included the line "next time I see Jono he'll call me a *smile*, I'll call him a *smile*, and we're all good and we move on". Next Journo wanted to continue the Jono Brown line. Dimma said No. Journo kept pushing, Dimma said next question. Journo kept going, long winded question that probably took 45secs to get out. Dimma replied "you want me to say it again?" (or something like that)

here you go

Just watched Dimma's press conference.

Gee he's a good performer nowadays.

He put that dorky "journalist" in his place. "Sat him down" much like Stacky did to Viney a couple of years ago!!

Who was that idiot? Sounded like the little dweeb Tom Morris...................fcuking imbecile. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users