Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

He claims to be but I think that’s a front. He’s always sticking the boots into us. Always. Can barely remember anything positive he’s ever said or written about us. Always takes the AFL line in matters too.
100% a front. I feel this every time he opens his mouth about Richmond. Always a leader of the pack trying to hang our players and so sure of himself of the final verdict before the player has even been cited. I wish somebody would hurry up and Tom Morris the grub.

He claims to be but I think that’s a front. He’s always sticking the boots into us. Always. Can barely remember anything positive he’s ever said or written about us. Always takes the AFL line in matters too.

Anyone seen the Big Refuter and Jon Ralph in the same room.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Dunno why so many get so wound up by the media circus. Nothing more than a bunch of has been's and never were's trying to make a living by generating clicks through agitating the fans.

Reactions: 1 user
Buckley and Whateley hold the line today, disagree with the verdict.
He should have contested the ball - once he didn’t do that he was guilty.
Totally disregarded Lynch’s evidence and the fact the ball was too far over him.
Buckley called him a chest marker whatever that has to do with anything.
Bucks recoons he knew Keith was there and he decided to hurt someone.
So Lynch is a thug and a liar.
This may explain Buckley’s coaching failures
Same team makes preliminary final he had them bottom 4.

He is the anti-Mick Warner.

Heh heh heh… apparently Mark McGowan from The Age got stuck into Tom Browne about channel 7 and No-Brain Taylor’s overtly biased call of the Brisbane-Cwood game last Thursday, citing Taylor’s incessant rants about how close Cwood were to getting back in the game.

Few PRE posters called this out on the night.

Can’t believe 7 keep going with this completely unprofessional bozo. Bloke doesn’t even know the player’s names.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone seen the Big Refuter and Jon Ralph in the same room.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ahhhh the old is this poster this person gag, always a side splitter. Almost as funny as giving a club another name.

Fancy any journo trying to take a balanced view and not just cheerleading for their team. It really is beyond the pale.

Personally I love a balanced view but he's far from balanced. Blind Freddie could see this "incident" didn't pass the sniff test. He seems to grow a few inches downstairs every time there's a chance to put the boots in Richmond or hang one of their players.
Where do journos get off with calling out "likely" suspension lengths too before it goes to the tribunal. It was more likely to get thrown out yet they create the narrative for their BS clickbait articles in the days leading into it. So much for innocent until proven guilty.

Reactions: 5 users
:mhihi Ad-ridden SEN are so desperate they need to play that Sexy Land ad and also the men's erection ad continuously during daytime. Are these allowed? Get the kids out.

Injury update prior to Rd 5 vs swans

Richmond Injury List:

Available

Thomson Dow (hip)

Unavailable

Jayden Short, calf (short-term)

Jack Graham, hamstring (short-term)

Seth Campbell, adductor (short-term)

Kaelan Bradtke, hand (short-term)

Bigoa Nyuon ankle, (short-term)

Ivan Soldo, foot (short-medium term)

Toby Nankervis, ankle (medium-term)

Josh Gibcus, hamstring (medium-term)

Tom Brown, wrist (medium-term)

Kaleb Smith, ankle (medium-term)

Tom Lynch, foot (long-term)

Robbie Tarrant, hip (indefinite)

Mate Colina, back (indefinite)

Injury update prior to Rd 5 vs swans

Richmond Injury List:

Available

Thomson Dow (hip)

Unavailable

Jayden Short, calf (short-term)

Jack Graham, hamstring (short-term)

Seth Campbell, adductor (short-term)

Kaelan Bradtke, hand (short-term)

Bigoa Nyuon ankle, (short-term)

Ivan Soldo, foot (short-medium term)

Toby Nankervis, ankle (medium-term)

Josh Gibcus, hamstring (medium-term)

Tom Brown, wrist (medium-term)

Kaleb Smith, ankle (medium-term)

Tom Lynch, foot (long-term)

Robbie Tarrant, hip (indefinite)

Mate Colina, back (indefinite)
What's with my Mate?
Indefinite from what??

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ahhhh the old is this poster this person gag, always a side splitter. Almost as funny as giving a club another name.

Fancy any journo trying to take a balanced view and not just cheerleading for their team. It really is beyond the pale.

Yet another strawman, no-one is asking for him to cheerlead.

So why the constant point that Jon Ralph is supposed to be a Richmond supporter?

Why is that constantly brought up if not to imply that he should be giving more favourable coverage to the team he barracks for?

I said in the other thread its not about favouritism, its about being fair. He bends over backwards to criticize the club, perhaps he's overcompensating. To a slightly lesser extent Richo has the same problem.

Reactions: 2 users
I said in the other thread its not about favouritism, its about being fair. He bends over backwards to criticize the club, perhaps he's overcompensating. To a slightly lesser extent Richo has the same problem.

Do you think it's possible you are over-sensitive to criticism of the club?

Other than Kane Cornes, who is on a different path in terms of the media profile he is trying to build, I don't see much that is over the top from any journos. Just opinions that can be easily agreed or disagreed with.

Heh heh heh… apparently Mark McGowan from The Age got stuck into Tom Browne about channel 7 and No-Brain Taylor’s overtly biased call of the Brisbane-Cwood game last Thursday, citing Taylor’s incessant rants about how close Cwood were to getting back in the game.

Few PRE posters called this out on the night.

Can’t believe 7 keep going with this completely unprofessional bozo. Bloke doesn’t even know the player’s names.

Cant believe Tom Browne did not run with it as an exclusive on the news.

Reactions: 1 users
Racial abuse in any form is totally unacceptable - totally agree.

If I remember correctly wasnt Picket and or Bolton abused via social media last year??? Crickets from the media from memory....

I'm often caught wondering how blokes like Tom Browneye n Blobbo get jobs in the spoken media.
Their brains are thinking one direction while their mouths are jabbering in a completely opposite direction resulting in mumbling, bumbling, gibberish being presented to the listener.
How the *smile* is this possible?