Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Shuddup *smile* wit. Who cares what you have to say. You’re a nithing
It's just pathetic seeing numpties like he and Robbo getting all pius and righteous. Duck off!

Reactions: 3 users
It's just pathetic seeing numpties like he and Robbo getting all pius and righteous. Duck off!
I agree with you but I also agree with the premise of what he says.
Clarkson has a history of acting like a *smile* and losing his temper and then thinking it’s all ok because he apologises.
What he needs to do is not do it in the first place

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I agree with you but I also agree with the premise of what he says.
Clarkson has a history of acting like a *smile* and losing his temper and then thinking it’s all ok because he apologises.
What he needs to do is not do it in the first place
Yeah, certainly agree re Clarko, horrible angry little man. But McLure and Robbo? Please.

i saw a few minutes ago someone had dredged up footage of Robbo saying “lookout gay boys” from an AFL 360 episode a few years ago.

Reactions: 1 users
How is he still employed? legit question.
This is the modern era where you employ shock jock hacks like him to capture ears and eyes. It’s infuriating. You try to avoid them, but there’s so many of them on so many outlets now, it’s hard.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, certainly agree re Clarko, horrible angry little man. But McLure and Robbo? Please.

i saw a few minutes ago someone had dredged up footage of Robbo saying “lookout gay boys” from an AFL 360 episode a few years ago.
My way of dealing with them is that I don’t listen to Robbo and haven’t for years and I am not sure where I would go to hear what Maclure says these days, is he still with SEN?

Reactions: 1 users
My way of dealing with them is that I don’t listen to Robbo and haven’t for years and I am not sure where I would go to hear what Maclure says these days, is he still with SEN?
I agree and despite having Foxtel I never watch the Robbo or Whately shows

Whats the go with the AFL running the puff piece on how hard it is the create the season fixture ?
smells like they are trying to deflect attention

Let me give you the drum... its not that hard to avoid handing a team a 5 day break after the opening game. Especially after playing in 27 degree heat with 80% humidity.

In fact, why aren't the media going hard on this? Every man and his dog knows how wrong this is. When we get some soft tissue injuries in the coming weeks, will they then be reactive and take notice?

Also, has any footy commentator in any form of media came out at all on a public level to state how unfair this is on us? Or does no one give a flying *smile*???

Probably got some ambassador $ hundreds of thousands”

which to me is insulting. In 15 years as coach, we got slammed up the arse year after year by the AFL controlled maggots. And now he’s gone to join the dark side. I will forever appreciate what Dimma for the success he brought to our club. But the circumstances for the way he left, and the club he left us to join (AFL run) leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I hope he fails up there and fails miserably.

Let me give you the drum... its not that hard to avoid handing a team a 5 day break after the opening game. Especially after playing in 27 degree heat with 80% humidity.

In fact, why aren't the media going hard on this? Every man and his dog knows how wrong this is. When we get some soft tissue injuries in the coming weeks, will they then be reactive and take notice?

Also, has any footy commentator in any form of media came out at all on a public level to state how unfair this is on us? Or does no one give a flying *
It is seriously inept.

Pathetic

Reactions: 1 user
Also, has any footy commentator in any form of media came out at all on a public level to state how unfair this is on us? Or does no one give a flying *smile*???
the problem with the footy media is they are too comfortable in their cemented-in jobs
not just Mince, Blobbo, etc etc etc
but people like the kids show host Nat Edwards
how does Tom Morris still have a job?
McClure, Cornes, etc etc etc.... there's too many of them ...

they're scared of not being able to get another gig, scared to be 'controversial'
suckholes that want an invite to the chairmans lunch

98% of them are peanuts that run the same old mild poop week in week out

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I look at various media and how they are influenced by big business and/or politics. I called out a jerno a few years back, and they took offence when I insinuated they got paid to support the night's grand final rhetoric. Well, it may not have been monetary, but it can be other forms of payment.

Look at YouTube. How many of you have searched for a review? The reviewer has the product given to them (an advert masked as a review). They are not going to be negative about it, are they?

In politics, you hear ridiculous budgets for campaigns. That's because they leak the ideas, and whichever doesn't lose them votes they go with. In some cases, several campaigns may be produced, and are sitting in the background and never see the light of day.

I don't follow any of the media or so-called personalities. I am better for it.

Reactions: 5 users