Footy to Return | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy to Return

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Gee, the WA Premier is the only one not falling in line to support the recommencement of the biggest spectator sporting industry in the nation. Can’t help but think there’s a little bit of ego driving this stubborn stance. If I was a WCE or Freo fan, I’d be filthy. Just my opinion.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Gee, the WA Premier is the only one not falling in line to support the recommencement of the biggest spectator sporting industry in the nation. Can’t help but think there’s a little bit of ego driving this stubborn stance. If I was a WCE or Freo fan, I’d be filthy. Just my opinion.
He’s making it a political issue. He wanted a hub in Perth so a heap of clubs would go there to give his state a boost and help kick start his economy. Now it’s been knocked on the head he’s cracked the *smile* and won’t budge on his quarantine policy no matter what.

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
He’s making it a political issue. He wanted a hub in Perth so a heap of clubs would go there to give his state a boost and help kick start his economy. Now it’s been knocked on the head he’s cracked the *smile* and won’t budge on his quarantine policy no matter what.
Spot on

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I saw Ross Lyon speaking about 2 weeks ago. He said he would have based his team in Melbourne to give them the best opportunity to play on the MCG they've ever had. Especially for the kids on the list.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Going to be very interesting, looks like West Coast will base themselves on the Gold Coast.

Could be a big advantage or disadvantage for them.
West coast on the gold coast sounds like a recipe for disaster.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Eagles Headquarters (Mineral Resources Park) has 2 ovals, one is the exact size of the MCG and the other is the same as Perth Stadium.
They won the flag in 2018, and beat the Pies, and the Hawks and lost by a kick to us at the MCG last year. With their new training centre, I donk think there too fussed about playing at the MCG, hence their preference to be based on the Gold Coast.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
The Eagles Headquarters (Mineral Resources Park) has 2 ovals, one is the exact size of the MCG and the other is the same as Perth Stadium.
They won the flag in 2018, and beat the Pies, and the Hawks and lost by a kick to us at the MCG last year. With their new training centre, I donk think there too fussed about playing at the MCG, hence their preference to be based on the Gold Coast.
We train on an oval the size of Marvel yet our form there is not as strong as at the G. It's one thing to train on an oval, and another to take on opponents at a venue with the same dimensions but with different wind patterns and climate conditions.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We train on an oval the size of Marvel yet our form there is not as strong as at the G. It's one thing to train on an oval, and another to take on opponents at a venue with the same dimensions but with different wind patterns and climate conditions.
They must've thought it would be of some benefit, they had the oval purpose built to be the same size as the MCG.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
South Australian government won't exempt Port and Crows from the 14 day quarantine or let them train as a group. A letter from the SA Health Officer to AFL noted amongst other things that "as a highly visible part of society it is also important that the AFL model the behaviours expected from the public in general. The risk of complacency within the wider community rises if it is seen that these measures have diminished in importance." ie. the Crows' Barossa Valley training breach has led us to decide to cancel football for everyone.

Competition of 16 sounds good to me, let's get it started.

• Sad

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
South Australian government won't exempt Port and Crows from the 14 day quarantine or let them train as a group. A letter from the SA Health Officer to AFL noted amongst other things that "as a highly visible part of society it is also important that the AFL model the behaviours expected from the public in general. The risk of complacency within the wider community rises if it is seen that these measures have diminished in importance." ie. the Crows' Barossa Valley training breach has led us to decide to cancel football for everyone.

lets be serious, the SA Health Officer isn't wrong. footy is a full contact sport and we are just easing restrictions. This is probably unpopular, but i believe a June restart is too early. I reckon we need to wait another month to be certain there won’t be a second wave.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
lets be serious, the SA Health Officer isn't wrong. footy is a full contact sport and we are just easing restrictions. This is probably unpopular, but i believe a June restart is too early. I reckon we need to wait another month to be certain there won’t be a second wave.

yeah, but, I seriously hate Port Adelaide.
But equally seriously it would make sense to have as fewer hubs as possible, and given the growth factor in Victoria is currently over 1.0 (Cedar Meats and Fawkner Maccas mostly), it may make sense to delay if we want to have games played in Victoria. But also, stuff Port Adelaide.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

The hardest part to justify is green lighting a collison sport whilst telling people to stay 2m apart in every other workplace in the country.

Much as I want to see footy, it really makes no sense.

Golf is one thing. Footy is another altogether.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The hardest part to justify is green lighting a collison sport whilst telling people to stay 2m apart in every other workplace in the country.

Much as I want to see footy, it really makes no sense.

Golf is one thing. Footy is another altogether.

Too true, and second waves of pandemics are common, just go back to the Flu outbreak after WWI.

DS

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
If the games are allowed to start, where the hell does Eddie Everywhere get off saying that the opening game should be the Pies against the Tigers.

Who the hell does he think he is??

It Eddie that now runs the AFL???

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If the games are allowed to start, where the hell does Eddie Everywhere get off saying that the opening game should be the Pies against the Tigers.

Who the hell does he think he is??

It Eddie that now runs the AFL???

Through this, I reckon Eddie has portrayed himself to be an even bigger flog that even i thought was possible. he's not a humble working class bloke from Broady anymore. he's been living in Toorak for long enough to lose track of what is happening in the real world.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Through this, I reckon Eddie has portrayed himself to be an even bigger flog that even i thought was possible. he's not a humble working class bloke from Broady anymore. he's been living in Toorak for long enough to lose track of what is happening in the real world.

I've been a big Eddie critic but through this I think it's obvious he's been doing what he needs to for the AFL as a whole, not just the Pies. Calling for a Pies Tigers opener is a good idea if they want to launch the restart with a massive game that will get everyone watching. With no crowd, financially it won't benefit anyone.