Footy to Return | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy to Return

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The biggest winners so far are no doubt Brisbane...

Get to probably pulverize Gold Coast R2 ✅
Probably don't travel interstate first 5 weeks ✅
Will then play in no particular order WC, AC, Freo, PA ✅ meaning they. .....
Won't go to WA at all ✅
Won't go to SA at all ✅
Will then get at least 2 Vic and/or NSW teams on consecutive weekends @home x 3 throughout the season ✅
Will play additional games at the G instead of 2 originally fixtured ✅
Will still have Chris Fagan telling them they won every stat..... except the most important one! ✅✅✅

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
we could play 17 games and 3 finals all at Kardinia park and still win the flag.

we are twice as good as second best (well for the statisticians out there, we are 4.57 times as good as 2nd best)

and the gap will become bigger under adversity.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Riding past the beach front hotel (and a tigers member having a jog) in Nightcliff this afternoon- I t is not only open but there looks to be no social distancing going on at all. Send them all to Darwin :)
I think we are underestimating the competition, by which I mean, what other sports are people going to watch, everything is shut down. What other activities are people going to be doing? Clubs and pubs are closed, dinner parties are limited to 2 visitors. I reckon the ratings will be enormous for this reason. Probably the ad break durations too.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Will then play in no particular WC, AC, Freo, PA ✅ meaning they. .....
Won't go to WA at all ✅
Won't go to SA at all ✅
Will then get at least 2 Vic and/or NSW teams on consecutive weekends @home x 3 throughout the season ✅
Will still have Chris Fagan telling them they won every stat..... except the most important one! ✅✅✅

At the end of the day our reserves would beat Brisbane.
In a real season, where they would get a 'top6' draw they would struggle to make the 8.
Dont rate them.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I don't know who 'they' is but I think you spend too much time thinking about them. Satisfaction and pride comes from within, what other people think is irrelevant.

He's right about that.

Each club now has a COVID-19 compliance officer who will be working through the protocols with all players and staff.

Essentially everyone is required to live on stage one style restrictions still and have their living arrangements ticked off by the officer, but you can apply to visit or have visits from specific individuals and they will assess the risk.

So does anyone know what happens if one player does test positive - does their team need to sit out till they have all been tested - and what about the team they just played.

I guess the show could just stop there.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Just watched gill the dill's interview on the league website with parrot. Whats with gil's attitude? Seems like a real grumpy *smile*.
I suppose he is talking to one of the world's greatest ass hats.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Interesting news that at the moment, Darwin is the only place they could host a Grand Final in front of a crowd. If that's still the only option come Grand Final time, I'm not sure what would be better. Empty MCG or heaving TIO

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Will then play in no particular WC, AC, Freo, PA ✅ meaning they. .....
Won't go to WA at all ✅
Won't go to SA at all ✅

For Brisbane, having Fagan as coach XXXXX
For RFC, Brisbane having Fagan as coach :clap1

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I for one am ecstatic that footy is back and feel sorry for the people that wallow in the fact that it won't be the same, better than nothing, I will revel in watching the somewhat compromised training but won't report on PRE, too much negativity here for mine.
Whoever is professional and motivated enough will be legit premiers IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Interesting news that at the moment, Darwin is the only place they could host a Grand Final in front of a crowd. If that's still the only option come Grand Final time, I'm not sure what would be better. Empty MCG or heaving TIO

I reckon a heaving TIO, hopefully with a significant proportion of black fellas in black and yellow, would be really cool

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I for one am ecstatic that is footy is back and feel sorry for the people that wallow in the fact that it won't be the same, better than nothing, I will revel in watching the somewhat compromised training but won't report on PRE, too much negativity here for mine.

Its strange isnt it?

I cant wait. Having been deprived, I couldn't really give a *smile* if they played 2 x 5 minute halves in spacesuits and Brad Scott had to sit in my lounge room.

• Haha
  • Wow

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Would love to see your reports @caesar, they are a a great part of this site.

Stuff the whingers!

same. Id love to hear who dry retches and who follows through on every COVID tonsil swab.

I reckon you could shove a lump of 4by2 down Broadys throat and his eyes wouldn't even water.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I for one am ecstatic that is footy is back and feel sorry for the people that wallow in the fact that it won't be the same, better than nothing, I will revel in watching the somewhat compromised training but won't report on PRE, too much negativity here for mine.

Totally agree caesar

As of right now - if we were to end up winning the flag this season - I'll take it as 100% legit and enjoy it for the rest of my days

If we don't - I'll firstly hope it's not C'wood, G'long, Haw etc etc etc ... but will simply have to grit my teeth and accept that some pack of bastards (hopefully that I'll never run into) will be able to claim bagging rights.

But geez I *smile* hope like hell it's us.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not as tainted as the war flags. Yet they still count towards their clubs' totals.

(Was there one year where only four clubs competed? In any case teams were compromised with players away on duty.)

You might be right, but lets talk about the modern era.
Have a look at where we have come from the years of 2009-2010 we were compared to University.
We have had everything thrown at us from Rule changes, oppostion to the ground we play home games on and now this wicked virus.
Dominance of this game doesn't last long.
This year we were close to unstoppable and we might still be, but having a interrupted and shorten season i don't think will suit us.
Especially now that Hocking will rejig the fixture to bend us over.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
In 2 minds about footy with no crowds, just hope they can get some sort of crowd to games by maybe August, who knows.

I think it will be a bit empty but they've never actually cancelled a season before, we'll have to see how it goes I suppose.

As for whoever wins the flag. Us, or someone else, there will be lots of comments along the lines of not a real flag, compromised etc.

But if we win the flag, our flag tally will be +1 and everyone else can go get stuffed.

DS