Frawley & Selectors - An absolute disgrace | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frawley & Selectors - An absolute disgrace

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Pettifer had a better game than Nicholls' Rd 22 effort against Essendon this year and there were a couple of games over the past few years where Pettifer kicked 4 goals up forward (CArlton 2002 and Port 2001) where he looked good too.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Mikee said:
Anyone who was at the game and can bag Richo needs to take the goggles off, and see a shrink.

I think ill keep my goggles on...but by all means find me a number of a shrink and i will personally make the call ;D

John F - I dont think 5 yrs is long enough....sign Pettifer up for 8....he is a very valuable player....the best we have on our list....tries hes pea sized heart out every week. ::) :-\

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
That spuds got big knackers JohnF, didnt think you guys would give Frawley credit in that department. I think any coach that coaches our club and faces up to us fans must have big knackers,

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMAO TG

g0tigers you're right, Pettifer is still young, he definitely has 8 years left in him. Especially considering the way he takes care of his body during games.

Shawry, he sure does have big knackers. And everytime he opens his mouth he makes a *smile* of himself. So it's a pretty good portrayal of the old Spud I would have thought ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigersGoddess said:
rosy3 said:
Who was that message directed to Khan?
I'm guessing he didn't mean me ;D If you meant rosy's khan I reckon it looks like a tiger

Haha TG, maybe I have a persecution complex thinking Khan was referring to my avatar. I guess I was a bit negative after his critisism of the site and the posters and my refusal to remove posts with negative opinions etc.

I can see I was wrong now. The pic of Cogs in your avatar could easily be mistaken for a leopard if one turns their head sideways, pokes their tongue out and squints. ;D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Khan, do you think my avartar has more footy smarts than our beloved coach?

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
JohnF said:
MY POINT IS: If you are going to focus on one game that every player has played for the club then an argument can be made to keep every single player on our list. I just think it would be ludicrous to keep players who have one or a couple of ok games. And as for Nicholls, his game on Sunday wasn't even that great. Filled with clangers and poor decision making. But i digress...

If you read my earlier post, I'm not judging my opinion on last weeks game. I have seen him play some great games for the Box Hill Hawks, and that's what I'll make my judgement on. Yeah, Billy played ok on the week, but I wouldn't say he was great. He did however have a bigger dip than others such as Houlihan.

As for Pettifer, my god Shawry, how many chances does the boy need? If it's not his fault, then it's Frawleys. Maybe he just aint meant to be a Tiger. As far as I'm concerned, he wont change his half arsed attitude and I don't think RFC is going anywhere with players like him.

As it stands, I would rather have players who put their body on the line rather than have skillful players who are scared of dirt. I haven't read anywhere on this message board that someone actually thinks Pettifer is a good prospect. Please don't be the first.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
BalmyArmy said:
JohnF said:
MY POINT IS: If you are going to focus on one game that every player has played for the club then an argument can be made to keep every single player on our list. I just think it would be ludicrous to keep players who have one or a couple of ok games. And as for Nicholls, his game on Sunday wasn't even that great. Filled with clangers and poor decision making. But i digress...

If you read my earlier post, I'm not judging my opinion on last weeks game. I have seen him play some great games for the Box Hill Hawks, and that's what I'll make my judgement on. Yeah, Billy played ok on the week, but I wouldn't say he was great. He did however have a bigger dip than others such as Houlihan.

Fair enough Balmy, but do you really think that what he does for the Box Hill Hawks is a good gauge for whether or not he'll be a good player at AFL level? Pettifer and Houlihan have had many good games in the reserves, but I'll tell you what, they have been disgraceful at AFL level. Billy, even though I admit he has had his injury troubles, hasn't been much better.

Agree about your point in having players that are hard at it rather than skillfull and soft.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
One sympathy i have with all our fringe players is that together with the fact that they get little game time is the fact that what they do get is in our forward line.

As pointed out in the HS today, we had less entries than any other team this year.

To make things worse, our forwards have cobwebs forming and moss growing on them as the ball approaches. If it doesn't come in quickly, a forward has stuff all chance.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Harry: Your avatar does show that you do have an eye for talent. Perhaps you can havwea crack at Beck's job. Id rather see your type of girl running around than the current mob of girls we have.

BalmyArmy: Im stickign with Pettifer. I am still of the belief with a bit of confidence adn being played regularly in the right position ie a wing etc he will be ok, HOWEVER he does need to change his attitude. If he does not do that then see ya.

BigBillyNicholls

Tiger Cub
Sep 2, 2003
Geelong
Nobody is saying sign him on for 2 years or give him 2 million dollers for 1 good game that was the only FULL GAME Billy has played the other games Billy has had about 10 mins game time they have given houlihan a real go and hes hopeless he was given a go at Geelong and he was a discrace i could not beleive richmond picked him up its a joke he has had his chances he has not had any injurys like billy sorry he has to go if Billy does not peform next year which im sure he will if he gets a chance to then get rid of him too.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunately the bottom six players who represent the Tigers each week arent good enough.
Whether is be King, Pettifer, Nicholls etc.
Its been a pointless exercise all year replacing one dud with another dud week in week out.
We will not make the finals when players such as King, Pettifer, Mills,Nicholls, Rogers, Biddescombe, Hilton, Houlihan as they really are not up to it.
The can all play at VFL level but struggle when the go to AFL .
They all have serious faults in there game
You are all kidding yourselves if you think players like Nicholls are going to take you through a final series.

londontiger

The New RFC Cheersquad Chant.
Dec 17, 2002
London , United Kingdon
I agree Jackstar, get rid of all of those players. But we need to get rid of a few more if we are going to get anything decent in the draft (if there is anyone decent in the draft)

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
No doubt that our bottom six are not up to standard but our top six is lacking in talent and not up to the standard of thetop sides and never will be. And our middle six aren't much chop either.

Basically our whole side sucks and needs major changes at every level. Unfortunately the club don't appear to see it that way and will suffer the consequences.