Frawleys 'sacked" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frawleys 'sacked"

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
After Sheedy strung us along yet again I think Spud was our only choice. I still rate Wallacevas worse, because he could coach, but for his last 2years with us just couldn’t be arsed. Spud would be in the top 5 of our worst ever, though.
Frawley over Wallace any day. Spud was likeable and clueless but gave us hope in 2001. Wallace was unlikeable and clueless and gave us hopelessness.

Reactions: 1 user

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Does Knight hold a grudge against the club?
I don't think i've ever seen him at the club since he left.

No grudge, he was at the Grand Final in 2017 with his wife and kids who are all Tiger fans.

Contracted as an assistant at Geelong until 2020, not sure how he puts up with Chris Scott!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Does Knight hold a grudge against the club?
I don't think i've ever seen him at the club since he left.
I don't know whether Knighta holds a grudge with the club, but he does with Spud.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Frawley took over a relatively young team and quickly used up its potential. After two years it was over the hill. Johnson, Cameron, Brown, Stafford, Clinton King, Sziller, Houlihan, Blumfield, Nicholls, Morrison, Marsh, Weller, Fletcher, Hudson were brought in under Frawley to prop it up.

Frawley was an old school coach who quickly ran out of ideas. Maybe list management wasn't his domain, but Frawley's term set us up for an extended period of failure.

Newman, Tuck, Jackson, Pettifer, Krakouer were the home-grown 100-gamers who got their start under Frawley, plus Kane Johnson. Unlucky with Brown & Coughlan.

Wallace just kind of tinkered around and had fun on match days. At least he promoted the club well and our membership grew every year.

Riewoldt, Edwards, Deledio, Cotchin, Rance, Foley form a much greater legacy than that left by Frawley.

Nothing personal against Spud, he just wasn't a great coach. At least he was allowed the dignity of seeing out his five years.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Contracted as an assistant at Geelong until 2020, not sure how he puts up with Chris Scott!
The same way we all do, by walking to the nearest door and slamming it on our own heads each and every time Scott speaks.
Is the least painful alternative.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Frawley over Wallace any day. Spud was likeable and clueless but gave us hope in 2001. Wallace was unlikeable and clueless and gave us hopelessness.
Interesting remark this. Frawley was the instigator of our main game plan that lasted too long.That was kick it to Richo,and if in doubt kick it to Richo.This mentality held back a number of player's development. Wallace well he murdered Jay *smile* for one.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Not a fan of Tuesday with Terry?
LOL Seven. Best day of the week Tuesday during those dark years. Unfortunately Terry has a voice that reminds one of fingernails on a blackboard.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It was all about me me me with Wallace, things didn't end well at both the Dogs and the Tigers.

Reactions: 1 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
It seems like another club.

"The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there."