Freo, hit em real hard hit em down below | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Freo, hit em real hard hit em down below

TigerFurious said:
Well done Diggler, your ability to see Richmond for what they really are is an inspiration to us all.

I say maintain the rage.

The rest of us can see them for what they really are too. It's just that some can live in the moment, while it lasts.

Is that a crime? ???

I shudder to think that some people have gone through the past 10-20 years without enjoying a single moment of being a Richmond supporter. That's scary.

I know, coz I was like that at one stage. :'( :p

If Freo want to target Fleming then all they need to do is ensure he gets the ball at ever possible opportunity. If they do that they can't loose ;D

RR was at Subiaco a few weeks back and saw Freo play Crows.

The big thing over there is the crowd are so parochial that it lifts the Freo boys 5 goals.

We are a chance as long as we get away early and take the crowd out if it.

Wow, im really surprised at the positive nature of this post, and it also amazes me that so many ppl have actually rated us against Freo.

Does everyone need to be reminded that we beat the doggies, the rabble of the AFL world? They have only beat one team (twice) this yr!

I highly doubt that we will beat freo, but as you all say, we will match up well on them. The matchups arnt what im worried about though, the manning up, the clangers, the negitive style of play we are used too - thats what im worried about.

The dockers know to use that ground to thier advantage.

We need our midfield to play a blinder, Otto to dominate the ruck and our back line to be on their toes all night. If we have the same enthusiasum and spirt as last week, then sure ill give us a chance.

But the fact that no team this yr besides WCE and Freo have one at subi is still in my mind. And you have to be a 5 goal better side over there (umpiring). and The crowd is always off putting.....

Well i think Freo will win, but in a close one, but i do hope the tiges prove me wrong :)

frawleyudud said:
typical richmond supporters!!!

LOL

FUD, TF, and diggler at least we have some people here who really know our team well.

the rest leave a bad taste in my mouth, that is why we get laughed at, we have fairyland believers after one good performance.

as for getting off to an early start against the dockers, it wouldnt matter, we could be 5 goals up and if the dockers get even 2 in a row the crowd lifts over here and most teams cant handle it... we dont have enough quality midfielders to combat subi plain and simple.

its good to have faith but lets be serious for once.

Alas I am not confident at all.
I haven't tipped them :-\
Does anyone know if the game is on Fox and if so, what time? I will need to find a pub and a very quite corner.

We aren't in fairy land we're optimistic. We may lose, but then again who knows we may win. Don't bag us just because we're being positive. We all know the seasons over and we aren't gonna make the finals. Is it so wrong to want your team to win?

No chance - 10 goal flogging - we go into the game 5-6 players short and coachless.

The pressure will be back where it belongs after this weekend - on the shoulders of Mr Potatohead.

One thing that we have in our favour which people seem to be missing is that we have no pressure on us to win and nobody is giving us any hope of winning. Freo on the other hand have all the pressure on them to stay in the 8 with the bombers and the roos breathing down their neck. Even Pavlich has come out and said beware the wounded tiger in an attempt to reduce expectations.
One player we need to watch as he is in rare form ATM is Shaun McManus. If we don't shut him down we're up for a hiding.

Did anyone hear the classic unintentional commentary from the freo swans game?? "Excellent Rove by McManus". ;D

Ah, PRE posters, always good to get on here for a bit of a laugh!!! ;D

Is everyone forgetting that we actually only have a handful of AFL standard footballers?

Or that we, as Harry said, are coachless?

Or that this is a MUST win game for Freo this week?

Or that we couldn't beat Carlton or Geelong here in Melbourne a few weeks ago?

Or that we have the softest c@#ks in the league playing for us?

Or that we are 2nd in the AFL in the clanger department?

Unless it hails all game, Freo have 13 late exclusions from their side, and the match gets re-scheduled to the 'G', we have no chance in hell getting 4 points this week.

I too miss all the negative Dudley talk - a 12 goal loss this week should ignite the flame again. Our goal for the rest of the season should be to make sure Dudley goes back to farming, not coaching in '04!

Here's hoping Beck and Miller make the trip across the Nulabor to watch an indigenous match for more Marty type recruits.

i rekon we're in with a great chance, but remember that they have 3 young rising star nominees (polack, schammer and someone else.....!), so we're gonna have to work hard. i dont know who's on them yet, but i hope their good match ups.

richo vs. pavlich is almost a certainty. and also the momentum would be good with marty going back home in front of his fam (as well as cogs), plus we come in with a very positve win and freo lost against sydney.

half as many turnovers and skill errors as last week, and we'll only get beaten by ten goals, play to the same level and it will be a hundred points plus, here's hoping that's its a hundred points plus so our super dud of a coach gets the pressure he so richly deserves

Yeh nah look, at the end of the day, when all's said and done, when it comes down to the crunch, we just have to step up to the plate and show a bit of self belief and the 4 points will take care of itself, I would have thought.

Look, we lost 8 in a row, but there's been some really encouraging signs. Chrissy Newman is going to be a champion, and McGrath has finally earnt a game, just like Pettifer.

We all know what's expected over in Perth, its going to be a tough assignment, but look, we have Richo, who is an absolute champion, anyone could see that looking at last week, he dismantled Robert Murphy.

Our finals hopes are on the line here, so I don't know what some people have been talking about with us having nothing to play for. We're still a mathematical possibility to play finals, and we just have to keep on winning games, its as simple as that.

FREO by 75.

Look I'm not being optimistic either.
The umpires will be worth 30 points to the Dockers on their own .Freo by 45 points I'm afraid.

CMON TIGES PROVE ME WRONG-EAT EM ALIVE!!

Please please tiger God give Bowdud more of the angry pills he had last week,so he can take out a few dockers,then a goal post ,then himself.The only hope we had to trade him was to the Bullies, but they are still p---ing themself laughing at him ,we have no hope now.
But yeh we learnt alot from that game :'( :'( :'(

Match ups are going to be crucial in this match.

Last week we were able to get away with being a couple of tall players short, because the bulldogs have a small list.
It depends on the weather, showers developing is the forecast.
Polak, Parker, Pavlich, McPharlin, Croad, Longmuir, Simmonds, and Sandilands could expose our lack of height.
I didn't mind our forward set up last week, but i don't think that we will be able to get away with it this week.

If we go in with a similar set up this week, I can see them playing Polak (a young gun) on Holland.

McPharlin could go forward, I remember him kicking about 6 goals against in a practice match us a few years ago when he was with Hawthorn. He is a serious talent and hasn't had much luck since he's been over here. He grew something like 4cm over the off season and is now something like 196/7 cm. He could really hurt us if he plays in the forward line.

I don't know who is going to play on Longmuir he is 198 cm and will require a tall player.
Throw in Pavlich, Croad etc it's going to be very interesting to see the match ups.
I think Ottens is going to have to spend a lot of time down back.
We might get to see what young Schulz has to offer this week which will be good.

If we can win the centre clearances I give us a really good chance. If we dont it could be a long day.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!