Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
What an odd game, apart from the 1st 7 or so minutes, we simply weren't on.

Balta couldn't take a mark to save himself, worst game by a fair stretch that Houli and Chol played but 85% of our players were terrible overall.

Expect us to actually have a crack on Thursday.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Will lightning strike twice as Saint Hilda's rolled us last year & we all know last years end result.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Just as an aside, does anyone know why Fish was wearing the double black on his arm Friday night?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Look, if they went out on the p1ss and then played badly I would actually be relieved. Not great, but a better explanation than a lot of the alternatives.

DS

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Ok, this is my question too. Why? As we had performed really well against WC and Bummers, taken a bye and then return against a sh!t side playing like wooden spooners. Why? The only reasonable explanation I can see is that we're loading as we've done in the past seasons by playing like zombies and losing. It wasn't half the team competitive and the other half not. The whole team was flat, and even that the Aints only scored 9 goals. They didn't win, we lost. If they stepped up, then surely they would've beaten us by more but even their play was amateur most times. It's like we opened every door for them at ease. If we were competitive and still lost, then you can say we've lost the plot. Major problem is we lost Broad and Balta for the season.
was wondering how far into the thread the "loading" theory would make an appearance. I don't pretend to be able to spot it but did Dima mention or allude to it post match or in the build up? Has he ever mentioned it in other years, in passing even?

Reactions: 1 user