Rd 18 v Brisvegas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rd 18 v Brisvegas

Feb 25, 2007
**** 5 day break before playing Blandbane coming off a 7.5 day break.

Great.

Nah lions to play on Sat night, hopefully, they are allowed to play at the gabba, will fly there play the game and come back 6 days later to play us.

Reactions: 1 user

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
GC played us off a 5 day break , i think our first saints game was them also coming off a 5 day break..
Seems to be the new normal , it won't happen but would love the clubs to develop a spine and push back against ch 7 and the AFL

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
SHocking has his foot on our throat.

yep. 2pm on sunday? Nup, make it 4.

wont be surprised if they announce on friday lunchtime round 18 is daylight savings celebration round

if we conjur up a bit of a footy miracle, and find ourselves in a final against geelong this year,

it'll be a kardinia park for sure

Last edited:

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Club needs to collate all the stats on these short breaks and make a formal complaint. The Pies moaned about it a few years ago.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
yep. 2pm on sunday? Nup, make it 4.

wont be surprised if they announce on friday lunchtime round 18 is daylight savings celebration round

if we conjur up a bit of a footy miracle, and find ourselves in a final against geelong this year,

it'll be a kardinia park for sure

If we lose this week we nigh on become irrelevant for 2021.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
short breaks are one of most overrated impacts on performance of a football there is ILO.

@LeeToRainesToRoach should be able to backup - or refute ha!
Yeah I've done some stats in the past that suggest it doesn't matter much in isolation. Repeated short breaks are a bit different.

The thing is that Richmond has been used to plug holes in the fixture this year. They're jerking the supporters around as well as the players.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
They made us look silly at the Gabba. Gobbing off and acting up. Hope we put them back in their box

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
They made us look silly at the Gabba. Gobbing off and acting up. Hope we put them back in their box
thought they made themselves look pretty silly, how about Harris Andrews man on the mark stupidity?
then Jack kicked the goal.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I didn’t see a thread about ticketing for this game and didn’t want to start a new one but I have a question. Has anyone been able to get seats undercover? I tried for 30 minutes yesterday at 1pm when they became available with no luck. I tried all the categories that were available. Nothing. The best offered were row U. Even wanting to pay for them only for them to be more out in the open. I ended up getting the row U ones but will get drenched. I tried later last night with a couple of memberships of family that weren’t going to see if more became available. This time I tried for 45 minutes and the best offered were row F. I tried getting undercover last week with no luck then saw many were undercover in the top deck in the southern stand. Am getting very frustrated at only being offered level 1 for nearly every game. I might as well stay home and watch it tv if this keeps up as I end up watching most of the game at the ground on the big screen to see what’s happening at the other end. And I haven’t missed a game in Melbourne since around 1989. I can see why people aren’t turning up and if it’s going to be pissing down I can unfortunately see a small crowd for Jack’s 300th.
Has anyone managed to get a seat undercover and if so is there a trick to it or just luck?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I didn’t see a thread about ticketing for this game and didn’t want to start a new one but I have a question. Has anyone been able to get seats undercover? I tried for 30 minutes yesterday at 1pm when they became available with no luck. I tried all the categories that were available. Nothing. The best offered were row U. Even wanting to pay for them only for them to be more out in the open. I ended up getting the row U ones but will get drenched. I tried later last night with a couple of memberships of family that weren’t going to see if more became available. This time I tried for 45 minutes and the best offered were row F. I tried getting undercover last week with no luck then saw many were undercover in the top deck in the southern stand. Am getting very frustrated at only being offered level 1 for nearly every game. I might as well stay home and watch it tv if this keeps up as I end up watching most of the game at the ground on the big screen to see what’s happening at the other end. And I haven’t missed a game in Melbourne since around 1989. I can see why people aren’t turning up and if it’s going to be pissing down I can unfortunately see a small crowd for Jack’s 300th.
Has anyone managed to get a seat undercover and if so is there a trick to it or just luck?
Mate just turn up and you'll be able to sit undercover. There will be plenty of seats. I had a ticket in the open for the Saints game. It was pissing down so I was standing around waiting for the game to start. A security bloke told me I had to go to my seat as I couldn't stand around due to COVID protocols. I told him that my seat was in the open and there was no way in the world I was going to sit in the rain for half an hour waiting for the game to start. He said just sit in an undercover seat. I basically had a whole row to myself.