G20 protests/APEC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

G20 protests/APEC

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Re: G20 protests

Liverpool said:
Look, most of us have no problem with people having a different opinion to us, but it is how they expressed their opinion onto the rest is us, that has us demanding justice.
It would be quite interesting to read the response from people like yourself and Gypsy Jazz, if the police did fight back and gave it to the protesters big time.

I think it's pretty poor that anyone can condone unwarranted violence and destruction under the guise of "its the Aussie way to take on the cops", yet the police are labelled as "rabid dogs on a leash", just for protecting themselves.

Sorry Tigersnake, but you're just digging a bigger hole for yourself....

And as expected the judges that have been put in place by lefty Hulls and co strike again...another disgraceful performance :mad::

Four G20 riots have had their sentences cut on appeal
FOUR demonstrators involved in the violent G20 riots have had their sentences cut on appeal.
Beth Nathan, Sofia Todorova and Rosalie Delaney had convictions recorded against them overturned while Julia Dehm had a suspended sentence reduced to community work.
The County Court heard the group were part of a mob that outnumbered and attacked police at a demonstration against the Group of 20 nations summit at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Melbourne in November 2006.
Protesters tried to break a police blockade at Collins St, pushing and hurling barricades at officers, and throwing wheelie bins and milk crates. They vandalised a brawler van in a riot where bottles and objects were hurled at police.
Serial protester Ms Dehm had applied to have her conviction overturned so she can still practise as a lawyer.
But Judge David Parsons said her offending - where she threw a barricade that injured a policewoman - warranted a conviction.
He said that should serve as a special punishment and deterrent so he reduced her seven month suspended jail term to 250 hours community work.
Judge Parsons said Ms Nathan, Ms Todorova and Ms Delaney had committed offences against symbols, like the police van, rather than the officers.
David Nguyen, who threw a bottle at police, lost his appeal and a conviction and 250 hours community work stands.
Steve Medcraft, from People Against Lenient Sentencing, said the upheld convictions of Dehm and Nguyen was to be commended but the clear record given to Delaney, Nathan and Todorova was disappointing.
"I am sick to death of all this remorse and rehabilitation. Get down to basics if you commit crime you get sentenced,’’ Mr Medcraft said.
He said lifting Dehm’s suspended sentence did not take into account the extent of the injuries Dehm caused to Sen-Constable Kim Dixon.
The 41 year-old policewoman can no longer work after being hit when Dehm threw a water filled barricade at her during the G20 protests in Collins Street.
Mr Medcraft said it was worrying Dehm wanted to become a lawyer.
"If the legal profession has got this sort of person coming through the ranks God help us in the future.’’

THE OFFENDERS

BETH NATHAN: rammed a barricade at police at the Collins St riot; conviction overturned with 180 hours of unpaid community work.

SOFIA TODOROVA: marshalled other protesters, calling "everyone go forward!'' at the brawler van attack; conviction overturned with 180 hours of community work.

ROSALIE DELANEY: involved in a tug of war with police over a barricade in the front of the brawler van and emptied contents of green rubbish bin into the van; conviction overturned with 200 hours' community work.

DAVID NGUYEN: involved in tug of war over a barricade and threw bottles towards police; conviction and sentence of 250 hours community work stands.

JULIA DEHM: helped throw the barricade that hurt a policewoman, pushed barricades at police during the brawler van attack; conviction overturned and seven-month jail term quashed replaced by 250 hours community work.

the golden

former hawk cheersquad feral : D
Nov 20, 2004
in the gold
s6.invisionfree.com
disgusting they did not care they could injure someone who was just doing their job ! how would they feel if someone did what they did to them ! would they feel ok if they got off with a slap on the wrist ! :fire

don't get me wrong i am not against protesting ! but i am against people who turn what should be a PEACEFUL PROTEST in to an ugly violent one that is just not on ! you get more sympathy for a peaceful protest then an ugly one

by the way the taxi on did nothing for me and they don't get my vote either taxi drivers yes i know they do cop some sh%t but a dirty taxi [ inside ] is just not on if you keep it clean like you should it would be fine and why should we pay more [ fine if we throw up yes but if we have not no way] all you do is vacuum it after you finish driving it give it a wash no probs ! that should not cost any more it is dear enough as it is if you charge more then you won't get fairs , i do know some taxi drivers and they do keep a clean car how hard is it !