G20 protests/APEC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

G20 protests/APEC

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Harry said:
The simple truth is that no amount of protesting is gonna change a thing. People who think so are deluded. The rich corporations and rich countries will do as they like (as they always have and always will) and no amount of pestering flies will make them change their ways. These people, for all their good intentions, make no difference at all.

LMAO at anyone who thinks that Bush's intention of invading Iraq was to liberate the Iraqi's. That's the funniest schit ever.

Seemed to help end the Vietnam War and bring down a corrupt Nixon Admin.....

Not saying I agree with the current mob BTW. I agree with their concerns, but disagree that stopping global trade and co-operation is the solution. This being said though, they do have the right to PEACEFUL protest (and yes Liv, I am all for the horses being brought out if they pull another S11 stunt on us).

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Mr Pumblechook said:
ssstone said:
RemoteTiger said:
Liverpool said:
It's also a disgrace that a main city in this country, has to be fenced-off ala Cold-War Berlin, to protect world leaders visiting.

Its got nothing to do with this country - its your mate Bush - he attracts terrorists like a *smile* attracts flies - can't understand why though? Can you?
typical brainwashed apoligest retort.WHAT WAS YOUR SOLUTITION TO THE PREVIOUS REGIME IN IRAQ? tell me remote how would you have dealt with a despot that gassed and tortured hundreds and thousands of innocents.i am sick to death of u.s bashers.if you think that bush ALONE makes the policies,and is to blame for terrorist activity in the western world ,you really are simple

Are you fair dinkum?
Saddam was a nasty piece of work - no doubt about it.
However the majority of the "hundreds and thousands of innocents" that have been killed is since the invasion.
Documented civilian deaths from violence in the Iraq war and occupation as of 7 Sept 2007: 71,302 – 77,852 [Source: http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ ]
So who is responsible for those deaths? [and how should we deal with them?]

Actually, more civilians have died at the hands of their own people (infighting/death-squads, feuds between tribes, Shi'ite.v.Sunnis, and insurgents of Al-Qaeda who cross the border from Syria or Iran).....than the Americans.

So I'm not questioning your statistics that "hundreds of thousands of people have died" since the Coalition went into Iraq, but if you are trying to get people to believe that the Americans are behind this slaughter of innocent Iraqis, then I think you should look for your perpetrators elsewhere.

Every night on the news you hear about roadside bombs killing people at markets, etc....and I doubt many of these bombs were set-off by the US froces.

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
What's your position on the CIA led invasion of Chile, Liverpool? Who was letting off those bombs?

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
What's your position on the CIA led invasion of Chile, Liverpool? Who was letting off those bombs?

Don't know enough about it to give an honest opinion, and frankly, don't care.

What's your position on the Chinese interfering with Tibet? or the Russians in the Eastern Bloc, Chechnya, and Cuba?

Let's be honest....these "superpowers" have been interfering with smaller nations for decades.....whether it be so they can control a key military base in an area that could be of some use for deploying troops easily.....or for controlling natural resources that are mined in a certain area.
It may sound harsh, but it is for the 'greater good' of the world, that such interfering occurs, and only very naive people want, say the Coalition, to get out of Iraq now.

Aiming at purely the CIA/Americans is wrong.

Just ask yourself a couple of questions:

Would you rather oil-nations like Iraq/Afghanistan be taken over by an American-backed government? or by a hardline Islamic government with ties to terrrorist organisations, who can use this control of oil to cripple global economy, and/or sell oil in exchange for nuclear technology?

I know what I would prefer...

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Liverpool said:
Six Pack said:

Too far away from us to matter?

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
Hi Livers, what is your opinion on the Chaser bringing China's hideous human rights record to the attention of a record audience?

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
Liverpool said:
Six Pack said:

I said I didn't know enough about this particular topic to give a valid opinion......it has nothing to do with geography.

mld said:
Hi Livers, what is your opinion on the Chaser bringing China's hideous human rights record to the attention of a record audience?

G'day mld,
The Chaser is a comedy/entertainment program...if they want to raise human-rights abuses ont heir program to get a laugh from the audience, then that is their business.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
Liverpool said:
G'day mld,
The Chaser is a comedy/entertainment program...if they want to raise human-rights abuses ont heir program to get a laugh from the audience, then that is their business.

Thank you livers.

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Liverpool said:
Six Pack said:
Liverpool said:
Six Pack said:

I said I didn't know enough about this particular topic to give a valid opinion......it has nothing to do with geography.

mld said:

G'day mld,

Actually u said u didn't care. How come?

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
Mr Pumblechook said:
Are you fair dinkum?

Saddam was a nasty piece of work - no doubt about it.

However the majority of the "hundreds and thousands of innocents" that have been killed is since the invasion.

Documented civilian deaths from violence in the Iraq war and occupation as of 7 Sept 2007: 71,302 – 77,852 [Source: http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ ]

So who is responsible for those deaths? [and how should we deal with them?]
pretty simple really.dig up and clone col paul tibbett,give the enola gay a service,and drop a bloody big bomb on the whole middle east.the region has too many religions to ever be stable. they have been dying in the name of allah for centuries and will continue to do so long after the septics have left.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
mld said:

The Bolter wrote about this the other day - China's human rights record is much worse than the USA yet their leader gets feted and Bush gets the opposite.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
jb03 said:
mld said:

The Bolter wrote about this the other day - China's human rights record is much worse than the USA yet their leader gets feted and Bush gets the opposite.

It is a fair point. It will be interesting to see if the ABC gets credit from the conservatives for airing a viewpoint in agreement with Bolt.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:

Actually, I said I don't know enough about the topic to give a valid opinion and frankly, I don't care.

I'm sure the people of Chile care, and so they should....but I'm more interested in what happens to Australians and Australia, and I think the CIA in Chile would have virtually no bearing on us, hence why I don't care.

Do you care?

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Liverpool said:
Six Pack said:

Actually, I said I don't know enough about the topic to give a valid opinion and frankly, I don't care.

I'm sure the people of Chile care, and so they should....but I'm more interested in what happens to Australians and Australia, and I think the CIA in Chile would have virtually no bearing on us, hence why I don't care.

Do you care?

Sorry to bring up a topic you don't care about, Livers. I'll try better next time.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
How about that Saddam killing all the Mandela's - bastard.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22461883-401,00.html?from=mostpop

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Haha,saw that Harry.It's a wonder the guy manages to get dressed in the morning.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Harry said:
How about that Saddam killing all the Mandela's - bastard.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22461883-401,00.html?from=mostpop

:hihi....not bad...but his best one was the book he was 'reading':

bush9-11school.jpg