G20 protests/APEC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

G20 protests/APEC

Re: G20 protests

struggletown3121 said:
Well get flame throwers for them then, toasted lunatic on a city cafe menu would have been most appealling ....and drive back hoes at them and see whether these morons are prepared to lose their legs for the cause.
Yummmmmm.Toasted marshmellows

I also ask, why is Costello meeting Bono?

On Friday, Bono and Pearl Jam 'kick-started' the protests:

http://au.launch.yahoo.com/061117/11/z7zo.html

....and they seem to have plenty to say about things...yet, I did not hear one word of them being in Collins Street trying to calm the protesters down from the violent mob they had become.
I have not heard one word of regret from Bono about the behaviour of these hooligans.

I hope Costello is meeting him just tell him to mind his own business, go back to Ireland....and to get a decent name next time!
(How can you take anyone seriously who goes by the name "Bono"? :hihi)

John Howard refused to meet him....and fair call to him for that.

U2 and Pearl Jam are good at making music....why don't they stick to that and leave the politics, especially in a land they are not even citizens of, to us and our elected officials.

Because, Liverpool, they think they are important enough to have a say in anything. I have no problem with them attending the Make Poverty History concert - in fact it was the most predictable thing in history. Any concert like that and Bono wheels himself out.

The people who protest at these things are generally people who attend every protest under the sun. Attend any university and you'll see them: they're called the Union. Thank Christ I no longer have to fund these morons at my university. All they ever will be is a 'hire-a-crowd' that will wheel itself out on any occasion. They stand for nothing.

I'm in favour of the use of rubber bullets, and if mishaps happen, then so be it. These people are damaging cars and buildings, wounding and sometimes fatally injuring police horses, and deliberately trying to cause hard to the police. There should be more attempts to arrest these people and ban them from attending protests - or better, ban them from coming into the city. They are a disgrace and a blight on our society.

Maybe I'm a it naive but if the Media had a conspiracy and all and sundry media outlets agreed to only publish what happened inside the G20 meeting and to ignore everything the protestors did outside - then the resultant lack of publiciity would drive them away.

Great point Interested

Bono is a great humanitarian who all he wants to do is make a difference and help poverty ridden countries by supporting a great cause like "Make Poverty History".

In his concert last night he was not supportive of the protestors voilent actions but they are professional protestors who would not listen to him anyway .

I think its great Peter is speaking to Bono and is prepared to be open minded and hiopefully he becomes more like his brother as a humantarion.

Mr Howard is entitled to say no to meeting him but would have been more enlighted for metting Bono than meeting George W.  All Bono is pushing for is to make the world a better place for those less privilidged and for that he should be applauded.

I too wish Bono would stick to music.

In a selfish way of course.

I am a huge U2 fan ( der). But its their music I'm a fan of.

Bono should stick to that.

Selfishly, I feel this crap he goes on about is detracting from his music. Not in a song sense but in his concert performance.

Once Again selfishly, I wish he would stick to the music, who knows if he did that they would be able to crank out more CD's.

They arer the best in the world and that.

More Music Bono, and less grandstanding.

Leave religon and politics to others.

U2Tigers said:

You don't think they have been the source of material for a fair chunk of their music?? ;)

Can someone confirm or deny there were more protests in the city today? Trams going along Nicholson Street were non existent for 3/4 of a hour around noon today. After having a word to the driver of the first tram that come along he said they were delayed by more protests but I havent heard of any further protests today....

zips said:
U2Tigers said:

You don't think they have been the source of material for a fair chunk of their music??   ;)

Put it this way then.

"Let your Music do your talking."

Tubytiger said:
Can someone confirm or deny there were more protests in the city today? Trams going along Nicholson Street were non existent for 3/4 of a hour around noon today. After having a word to the driver of the first tram that come along he said they were delayed by more protests but I havent heard of any further protests today....

Farmers in tractors Tuby

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20788311-661,00.html

mk33 said:
Tubytiger said:

Farmers in tractors Tuby

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20788311-661,00.html

Thanks mk-Sheesh they should of been there on Saturday to do some serious ploughing of some of those bad seeds in the CBD....

I loved the footage of some hippy chick dancing in front of that barricade while several of those bogan cops frothed at the mouth.

IMO the cops came across as a bunch of thugs.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
I loved the footage of some hippy chick dancing in front of that barricade while several of those bogan cops frothed at the mouth.

You're only saying that because you sprayed "Meat is murder" on the Collins street McDonald's, which was silly because as everyone knows, McDonalds don't use meat in their burgers, they use edible rubber.

Gypsy__Jazz said:

Yer that same "hippy chick" threw a bottle at police - pretty good stuff hey. She along with many other of those idiots should of been thrown in the back of a wagon and charged with the full force of the law. Bloody disgraceful the lot of em.

Oh and the bogan cops hey who had bins, bottles, bread trays and were bitten by those so called protesters done a fantastic job in not bloody retaliating in a more forceful way.

Gee, I'd love the next G20 summit to be in Singapore - would be interesting to see how many of those "brave soles that call themselves political protesters" would do the same thing.

It is just a pity that such people made a legitimate peaceful protest by so many others into a absolute debacle due to their animalistic behaviour.

Tubytiger said:
Yer that same "hippy chick" threw a bottle at police - pretty good stuff hey. She along with many other of those idiots should of been thrown in the back of a wagon and charged with the full force of the law. Bloody disgraceful the lot of em.

Oh and the bogan cops hey who had bins, bottles, bread trays and were bitten by those so called protesters done a fantastic job in not bloody retaliating in a more forceful way.

Gee, I'd love the next G20 summit to be in Singapore - would be interesting to see how many of those "brave soles that call themselves political protesters" would do the same thing.

It is just a pity that such people made a legitimate peaceful protest by so many others into a absolute debacle due to their animalistic behaviour.

Your right... they should've knocked her out.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
Tubytiger said:

Your right... they should've knocked her out.

I dont think i implied that Gypsy.

Gypsy__Jazz said:

Can only assume you're joking Gypsy. These people are pathetic low lives come into the city and attack the police for no good reason. The police aren't the ones holding the summit. For goodness sakes, put your signs up and dance around like morons, but as soon as you start attacking property, people and animals for the sake of your so-called cause you have overstepped the mark and the police have every right to be as brutal (and in fact more brutal) than they were.

Bring on the rubber bullets and give these morons what they deserve for doing what they did, and turning the city centre into a riot zone.

No credibility for these duds.

How can anyone expect to recieve a profile or actually get anyone to listen to them with pathetic juvenile, typical leftist moronic behaviour.

Sad that  cos i am sure that they probably have plenty of interesting things to put forward however all for nought with such behaviour, as a small minority make the masses turn a deaf ear to them as well as a blind eye, due to blatant disregard, and stupidity.

Morons nothing else, just more imbeciles with nothing to do or not enough intelligence to put forward a concise, well constructed peaceful protest which would no doubt attract more sympathetic attention from the masses.

Duds - no merit and no constructive arguement or outcome.

Peaceful protests and protests conducted the right way get heaps of positive attention and press thus enable those putting in the work to recieve sympathetic ears and public support.

Who'd support these *smile*s i wont.

There are more intelligent tactful and creative ways to get a message accross moronic acts of vandalism and unrest are not it.

DUDS  :p

OH YEAH did i mention COWARDS for covering themselves up, *smile* losers, take their dole / austudy off em and deport the imbeciles from overseas.