G20 protests/APEC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

G20 protests/APEC

Re: G20 protests

The current tactic for the apologists for these excuses for humanity is to insist that the violent protestors were plants by the police. It's actually laughable that they expect the rest of us to believe this crap. In the end aside from getting their pictures in the paper, causing a lot of trouble, turning everyone but the converted against their 'cause' what did they accomplish? A big fat nothing. The summit still went ahead, I doubt the attendees could even hear them.

interested said:
Gypsy__Jazz said:
I loved the footage of some hippy chick dancing in front of that barricade while several of those bogan cops frothed at the mouth.

IMO the cops came across as a bunch of thugs.

Can only assume you're joking Gypsy. These people are pathetic low lives come into the city and attack the police for no good reason. The police aren't the ones holding the summit. For goodness sakes, put your signs up and dance around like morons, but as soon as you start attacking property, people and animals for the sake of your so-called cause you have overstepped the mark and the police have every right to be as brutal (and in fact more brutal) than they were.

Bring on the rubber bullets and give these morons what they deserve for doing what they did, and turning the city centre into a riot zone.

Agree 100% there a bunch of F***ers with no life

Stuff the water restrictions. I would have turned the water cannons onto them, then released the hounds.
A pity a minority of mindless imbeciles turned a peaceful protest into what it became.......but then nearly everyone expected that except police command. Well done to the cops on the frontlines. I wouldn't have kept my cool like they did with the provocation they had to contend with.

interested said:
Can only assume you're joking Gypsy. These people are pathetic low lives come into the city and attack the police for no good reason. The police aren't the ones holding the summit. For goodness sakes, put your signs up and dance around like morons, but as soon as you start attacking property, people and animals for the sake of your so-called cause you have overstepped the mark and the police have every right to be as brutal (and in fact more brutal) than they were.

Bring on the rubber bullets and give these morons what they deserve for doing what they did, and turning the city centre into a riot zone.

I just don't like seeing the cops behaving like barbarians, mate.

I agree that the protesters who were acting violently are a bunch of dickheads.

Yes I don't think you're going to get much support on this one Gyps - even from the rabid left.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
interested said:

I agree that the protesters who were acting violently are a bunch of *smile*s.
So you'd stand there like a statue and let masked thugs throw things at you and offer physical violence to you? Great levels of tolerance, Gypsy.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
interested said:

I agree that the protesters who were acting violently are a bunch of *smile*s.

Gypsy, Gypsy, Gypsy.... :yellowno

Firstly, in many countries, even a peaceful protest wouldn't be tolerated.
For example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989
Did our police carry out similar tactics?
No.
How many protesters were killed?
None.

Secondly, in many other countries, any sign of a violent protest, would be met with rubber bullets and tear gas.
For example:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6078052.stm
Did our police use such weapons?
No.
How many protesters were injured from such weapons?
None.

In fact, I'm finding it hard to find any link reporting any protester with significant injuries at all?
Maybe you'll have better luck...

In comparison to many other countries, the police here were anything but 'barbarians', and in my opinion, were very meek.
I would have loved to have been a cop there on Saturday... :boxing :smash
gun1.gif
....there wouldn't have been many protesters around on Sunday after I'd have finished with a few of them! 8)

To say that our police acted like "barbarians" is one of the most ridiculous statements I have read on this forum (and that's saying something!)
Congratulations! :clap

Agree with "jb03"....I think even the rabid left will let you 'fly solo' on this one...so I guess after you realise the lack of support you're getting, you'll admit that you were just "fishing" (trolling) to try and save face? ::)

Agree with "jb03"....I think even the rabid left will let you 'fly solo' on this one...so I guess after you realise the lack of support you're getting, you'll admit that you were just "fishing" (trolling) to try and save face

Gypsy is the rabid left.

Legends of 1980 said:
Stuff the water restrictions. I would have turned the water cannons onto them,

Nah mate, rubber bullets would of been more effective.

As someone said earlier, we'll see what they do at the next summit in Singapore, if they have the balls. I reckon the Singaporian government would hang them by their genitalia.

If the police are only armed with batons, then go for the kneecaps or shins I say. That'll stop them advancing past the police cordon. :boxing

Good....refused bail....and another reason I want dual citizenships banned! :mad:
Of course, he'll get off because of "mental health issues"......I'll have to reignite the 'Justice' thread when he gets off...

The court heard the 28-year-old commerce student, who arrived in Australia from Turkey in 2001, suffered from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder but was not taking medication at the moment.
Sari, who holds dual Australian and Turkish citizenship, denied his involvement in the protest to police, who he allegedly referred to as "peasant pigs" and "robots".
He also allegedly asked police to turn the airconditioner off in their car because it was "causing global warming".
Ms Dawes remanded Sari in custody until February 12, noting he needed treatment for his mental illness.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/g20-rioter-denied-bail/2006/11/21/1163871392581.html

He asked the police to turn off the air-conditioner because it caused global warming? ???
How about the oxygen this cretin is thieving, did he think of that?

I agree with most of what has been said here. The G20 protest wouldn't have got out of the hand if the anarchists were shot and wounded by rubber bullets as soon as they began the anarchy.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
I agree with most of what has been said here. The G20 protest wouldn't have got out of the hand if the anarchists were shot and wounded by rubber bullets as soon as they began the anarchy.
And if that had happened, it wouldn't have police acting as 'barbarians'. You still haven't explained this statement? What do you want? Them to start shooting the rioters with rubber bullets, or holding them at bay with battons?

interested said:
Gypsy__Jazz said:
And if that had happened, it wouldn't have police acting as 'barbarians'. You still haven't explained this statement? What do you want? Them to start shooting the rioters with rubber bullets, or holding them at bay with battons?

Interested,
Due to the lack of support for his ridiculous "cops behaving like barbarians" statement, Gypsy is now trying to 'save face' with what he was spouting earlier, and is trying to complete one of the biggest U-turns in forum history! :hihi
You have to give him credit for trying.... ;)

CarnTheTiges said:
I wonder if Sari would have gotten away with this in his native Turkey?

I had to laugh on the news about this worm today. Apparently he got political asylum, then became a citizen of Australia. However, he holds dual citizenship and only offered to hand over one of his passports and claimed he was an Aussie (technically true) but refused to hand over his Turkish passport. Why? He has no need for it now does he? ::)

Legends of 1980 said:
CarnTheTiges said:
I wonder if Sari would have gotten away with this in his native Turkey?

I had to laugh on the news about this worm today. Apparently he got political asylum, then became a citizen of Australia. However, he holds dual citizenship and only offered to hand over one of his passports and claimed he was an Aussie (technically true) but refused to hand over his Turkish passport. Why? He has no need for it now does he? ::)

Legends,
As far as I'm concerned, he'll need his Turkish passport for when he gets off the plane at Istanbul Airport!
But we know that won't happen... :mad:

Gypsy__Jazz said:

Fogot to add the smiley at the end. Sorry. Here it is: ::)

Thankfully you neanderthals aren't running the show, otherwise a small group of C grade rioters would be seriously injured.