Gale was on SEN | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gale was on SEN

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Watson asked 'why hasn't Carcella brought Essendon the same Bad culture that is at Richmond"
That is an utter disgrace of a question. What disrespect and negative bias to a team that’s won 3 out of 4 flags and is considered one of the happiest work places in the country. Did Jobe Watson take his supplements culture to channel 7?? Benny should be fuming and demand an immediate apology or ban access to SEN

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He really asked that?? What a poor excuse he has become.
Im joking mann
Its like the world has just ended if you listen to these slappers.
We have won 3 flags. *smile* them

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Watson asked 'why hasn't Carcella brought Essendon the same Bad culture that is at Richmond"

Well the bad culture was already there so he didn't bring anything new.

Edit: May have been a bad zipps gag i fell for.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That is an utter disgrace of a question. What disrespect and negative bias to a team that’s won 3 out of 4 flags and is considered one of the happiest work places in the country. Did Jobe Watson take his supplements culture to channel 7?? Benny should be fuming and demand an immediate apology or ban access to SEN
I was joking.
If we have bad culture what are the other 17 clubs doing?
Cornes was slapping himself last night, thinking this is the end.
He dosent look at his Tarp football club, to see the mess they are in.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Definitely not his finest interview. In his endeavour to emphasize how the much the club does not condone violence, it felt like Gale threw the boys under the bus a bit and created more murkiness and more room for speculation which was very much picked up upon by SEN's breakfast show hosts (as they should have done). I thought Hardwick handled the situation very well last night on AFL360 and I have to admit I was unusually disappointed with the interview with Brendon Gale this morning.
Yep well put.

Brian H

Tiger Cub
Jul 26, 2013
I was just about to ring SEN and rip into them. Luckily I listened to the interview first and realised you were being 'funny'. Your good comments are excellent but some other times I wonder. You made my already High pressure Richmond blood even higher.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I think he is stuck between them not doing anything much wrong by normal young blokes standards but doing a fair bit wrong by AFL footballers standards.

There's sympathy mixed with frustration.
Thats fair enough. But as a experienced as Gale is, he has thrown doubt around the stories of Rioli and Bolton. We can now all assume that Bolton broke his wrist from the punch and not falling over. You could sense Gale realising his answers werent to script and that he was throwing the boys under the bus. The fact he claimed that he wasnt across all of the details is plain BS.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I was just about to ring SEN and rip into them. Luckily I listened to the interview first and realised you were being 'funny'. Your good comments are excellent but some other times I wonder. You made my already High pressure Richmond blood even higher.
The fact people were taken in by Zips' comment is indicative of the hatchet job the media has done on the club in the past 12 months.

Reactions: 5 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
That would seem more likely given Bolton never falls over ever. ;)

I'm not buying the not pissed angle either. If you are in a nightclub late at night and aren't pissed you last about 10 seconds before you want to get out of there.
Good point.
In all of this I dont think the club is completely aligned around the messaging. Clearly Gale knows more. But again he could have spun it differently.

Brian H

Tiger Cub
Jul 26, 2013
The fact people were taken in by Zips' comment is indicative of the hatchet job the media has done on the club in the past 12 months.
You are 100% correct, and thats why I got so angry. We have won 3 out 4 premierships and although its the happiest I have been as a Richmond supporter and my lounge room is full of premiership posters, I can't listen to or watch any media and enjoy it because of all the click bait crap we cop (yes I know we sell stories - but it is utter crap). And now it seems the AFL is dumping on us through Hocking. Strangely my back is against the wall and all I want to do is fight.

Reactions: 3 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The AFL seems to be one of the few comps in world sport where they try and tear down the premier team rather than incentivise other teams to aspire to be like the best.

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The AFL seems to be one of the few comps in world sport where they try and tear down the premier team rather than incentivise other teams to aspire to be like the best.
I was thinking the same
Its as if they just don't want us to have success.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

I'm not buying the not pissed angle either. If you are in a nightclub late at night and aren't pissed you last about 10 seconds before you want to get out of there.

TBR, what are AFL clubs' rules around alcohol during the season these days? Is it banned, ok within a certain number of days of a game, help yourself etc??

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

You obviously haven’t been to a club in a very long time or don’t have access to the right dealer.
Alcohol is SO yesterday

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Yes, thought Brendan really muddied the waters and should have backed our boys who were clearly not the instigators of the trouble, going on reports on here from usually reliable posters, and the club statement.
I would have thought BG would be consistent with that statement and Dimma. Sometimes he can seem unduly conservative. He seems to be implying that they should have avoided confrontation by walking away.

I'd just like to ask him if that's definitely what he would have done in that exact same scenario, when in his early twenties - with a close female friend of his being the victim of inappropriate touching and harassment?
Benny is answerable to Peggy who based on the Amazon doco doesn't get the long-term culture of a men's footy team. Her comments around the Vlaustin / Short / Chol incidents confirmed as much. He needs to grow a pair and tell her like it is. Hopefully he does in private

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Benny is answerable to Peggy who based on the Amazon doco doesn't get the long-term culture of a men's footy team. Her comments around the Vlaustin / Short / Chol incidents confirmed as much. He needs to grow a pair and tell her like it is. Hopefully he does in private

yes it's all clearly Peggy's fault

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Seriously? WTF does that even mean?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users