Game Day Richmond v Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Richmond v Adelaide

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
how can a club have someone like jimmy Rowe?

short, fat, slow, ugly, cant kick, 5 goals behind, 16th on the ladder

does a monacle goal celebration like hes won the World Cup

a football club simply cannot move forward like that.
He must be their 'barometer'

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The best thing about today was we basically did it without Dusty. Just 3 score involvements. Normally when that happens we tend to lose those games but others stood up, we now have Bolton who is also a genuine match winner who plays a similar role. Its great to see others step up.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I think we will look to score more heavily from this point on. less of the scarppy territory game we have built the dynasty on. that will return in September.

We have known for weeks that our scoreboard pressure hasn't been up to scratch. There hasn't been any ball transition mids to spread effectively. To compound that, Rioli and Castgana have been ineffective offensively. Lynch and Riewoldt have been overwhelmed. all that means our structure is out of whack and we are not kicking sixteen goals like we regularly did 2017-2019.

But the coaches couldn't do anything until the mainline mids came back. So we make all the renovations this week. an extra marking forward in there is a huge difference, especially if that forward keeps the defender honest. can't wait to see Chol / CJ / Caddy down there.

It'll be a shoot out in Sydney, mark it down. I think we'll score over 100 points and chalk up a win. Don't expect Adelaide to be stifled though - they'll get looks too. Just the way the game is played at the minute.

EDIT: dry conditions forecast in west sydney so that won't be an issue.
Bump

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
how can a club have someone like jimmy Rowe?

short, fat, slow, ugly, cant kick, 5 goals behind, 16th on the ladder

does a monacle goal celebration like hes won the World Cup

a football club simply cannot move forward like that.
I was wandering who the short, fat, slow guy that carried on like a tool after he kicked goal was; cheers

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
You'd think the smart thing to do if we are playing Dreamtime in Perth, is to bring forward the West Coast game to Round 13, instead of both clubs having the bye in Round 14. Then we just stay in Perth until after that game, then can hopefully come back to Melbourne for the bye and Round 15 when we are due to play the Saints at the G.

Seems smart, but then we are talking Shocking and Dill.
You are being way to logical for those 2 to even understand Posh.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well that was interesting, listened to the game on the radio and will download and watch it soon. Haven't listened on the radio for a whole game for a long time. Still, I suppose just having a membership doesn't entitle me to be able to watch a home game (could they have given us some sort of streaming voucher we could use our barcodes for?). Anyway, good to get a win.

So, the impressions from the way we used to follow a game.

In the first quarter it was pretty clear we were being seriously out-worked by Adelaide. You could tell they were working much harder. Seemed to be maybe half way through the second quarter we started to get going and showed we can slam on goals in a hurry. CCJ certainly started to get a lot of mentions and Chol sounded like he was going ok.

Third quarter also very good. Sounding like a decent period of dominance and well rewarded on the score board.

Adelaide clearly lifted in the last, but we really seem to be having trouble limiting the damage when the other side gets a run. Have to get better at making opposition clearances less effective, this is critical to our defence. No defence can defend against quality quick entries inside 50, if you lose the clearance you have to make sure it is under immense pressure so the delivery is not so good.

The stats were very interesting, check this out: Richmond won disposals by 73, 66 more kicks, 7 more handballs, 2 less contested possessions but 93 more uncontested possessions. Ok, time to sit down now: 91 more marks to Richmond, 2 less contested marks and 93 more uncontested marks. This is not sounding like a Richmond game at all. 12 more marks inside 50 and we lost the inside 50s by 2 (effectively even) so our defence can't have been that bad.

Ok, time to lie on the floor for your own safety: we won the free kick count :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Just shows, when the maggots aren't reaming us, we actually have a chance to play decent footy and win games. Figure we will be back to usual next week but was nice to have a week off being reamed.

I'll have a look at the game on TV when I get the chance.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone notice Rory Sloane getting stuck into Cotchin?
Sloane looked upset with him

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Well that was interesting, listened to the game on the radio and will download and watch it soon. Haven't listened on the radio for a whole game for a long time. Still, I suppose just having a membership doesn't entitle me to be able to watch a home game (could they have given us some sort of streaming voucher we could use our barcodes for?). Anyway, good to get a win.

So, the impressions from the way we used to follow a game.

In the first quarter it was pretty clear we were being seriously out-worked by Adelaide. You could tell they were working much harder. Seemed to be maybe half way through the second quarter we started to get going and showed we can slam on goals in a hurry. CCJ certainly started to get a lot of mentions and Chol sounded like he was going ok.

Third quarter also very good. Sounding like a decent period of dominance and well rewarded on the score board.

Adelaide clearly lifted in the last, but we really seem to be having trouble limiting the damage when the other side gets a run. Have to get better at making opposition clearances less effective, this is critical to our defence. No defence can defend against quality quick entries inside 50, if you lose the clearance you have to make sure it is under immense pressure so the delivery is not so good.

The stats were very interesting, check this out: Richmond won disposals by 73, 66 more kicks, 7 more handballs, 2 less contested possessions but 93 more uncontested possessions. Ok, time to sit down now: 91 more marks to Richmond, 2 less contested marks and 93 more uncontested marks. This is not sounding like a Richmond game at all. 12 more marks inside 50 and we lost the inside 50s by 2 (effectively even) so our defence can't have been that bad.

Ok, time to lie on the floor for your own safety: we won the free kick count :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Just shows, when the maggots aren't reaming us, we actually have a chance to play decent footy and win games. Figure we will be back to usual next week but was nice to have a week off being reamed.

I'll have a look at the game on TV when I get the chance.

DS

Cool - fair assessment- which station did you listen to.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Anyone notice Rory Sloane getting stuck into Cotchin?
Sloane looked upset with him
I would too if I was Sloane. The only good bloke in the Crows team and the opposing skipper is the one walking around with a Brownlow and 3 premiership medals. I would be pissed with that too

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
I will need to watch the replay but my takes.
Adelaide definitely worked harder in the first...but tired.
We are vulnerable when midfield pressure is off..hopefully improves with Lambo and Shed and a fit Prestia.
We look slow...again missing Lambo and Sheds and the old Rioli and George.
The chaos game has gone! Yep...not working with the outs and new rules. So......Dimma has adjusted to more clean possesssion style..which is slower..to avoid turnovers. Hence Rioli and Castanya have different roles.
Shorts game is vastly different as a result. Stops and looks then tries to pass short. No long bombs out of the square after a point.
The result is a slower game that requires higher skills and a need to win clearances, maintain possesssion and find a target inside 50.
Hey presto....two rucks and three talls up forward are the go.
We have had to make the change due to injuries and rule changes that have suited our opposition sides with talent.
Not yet perfected but today was very different.
Explains the stats of plus 60 uncontested possies and marks.
Not sure it is enough to win us the flag but something had to change.
Obviously more to it than this but my first impressions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users