Game Day - Richmond v North at Punt Rd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v North at Punt Rd

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
After playing the struggling Cats somewhere out west last week and recording a much needed win tonight a stiffer challenge awaits.

North Melbourne might be uncompetitive in the Men's AFL, but in the Women's they are striving for finals.

An early game on a wintry evening and you would have to favour North winning this one. The key really is how competitive we can be, can we get close enough to be a chance to record a second win? We'll see, a close competitive game against one of the better teams would be a good indicator or the improvements which are clearly there.

We now know the fixture for the rest of the season and it looks like there are a couple more chances for wins too. WCE at Punt Rd will be a great chance to record a first home win. Must be a chance against Gold Coast. Footscray at the Western Oval looks a far more difficult task but I haven't been there for decades so hoping I can make it.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Just looking for them to back up what they brought last week. Make nth accountable at every contest.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
F off Harford, Carlton can dream about Ellie, but we want her at Tigerland.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Their ability to control the ball is far superior to us. We are doing ok defensively but we can't get hold of the ball and keep it.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Wasn’t quite Dusty been a late withdrawal in a GF , however deflating to have Conti out.

Again just the simple footy nous, skill basics , like to see the ladies kick of the ground a bit more , little to fiddle without silky skills at this point

cmon Tiges

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Umpire just paid a free for holding the ball to the Roos when the Roos player was lying on the ground holding the ball. Crazy town.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
This is so like the men’s team back in the bad days. We’d have a good win against a team at our level or lower, but then be brought back to ground with a crashing thud the following week against a good team.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Completely smashed in the 1st half. Reckon they needed half time for the reset. Really good in the 3rd.

Excellent transition goal there, Brennan was so powerful and a huge kick to get the ball well inside 50 from her own half.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This is so like the men’s team back in the bad days. We’d have a good win against a team at our level or lower, but then be brought back to ground with a crashing thud the following week against a good team.

A bit, but when you are a developing team, losing your best player right before the start wasn't ideal. I'd think that completely messed up our plan for the game, a bit like the GF when Vlastuin was out so early and we only really reset at half time. The girls have been immensely better in this 3rd term.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Frederick was better last week, but this week back to how she started the season, either lurking out the back not impacting the contest, or getting to it but not taking the mark. For her size and lack of 2nd effort, she needs to be doing what Emma King does for North and thats taking marks down the line and using her strength to outmuscle the opportunity. Frustrating to watch

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
That was a better quarter. Losing Conti is a massive loss. She's the classy engine room that kickstarts most plays.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
What was Sophie Molan? Pick 7? How bad was the rest of the draft if she was the 7th best player!

I'd like Conti to replace her next week, reckon Bernardi has been pretty good.