Game Day - Richmond vs Brisbane - QF 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond vs Brisbane - QF 2020

They tried hard to bait Dimma there on the Umpiring, very well handled in the presser

Reactions: 2 users
How did the goal umpire miss Bolton’s kick clipping the post? He would’ve been right behind it.

Deflating moment.
Yep just flick the snicks switch in the bunker. Did not deviate, nought. That was the moment. They would have gone to water at that stage.

Reactions: 1 user
I can see where you are coming from but Hardwick won’t change his structure now.

He will back the team in to get the job done.

Lynch alone changes our outlook. Had Lynch played tonight, Andrews doesn’t do as he pleases.

Caddy the other one that needs to come in.
Problem is he DID change the structure when Astbury came back in against the Crows. We hadn't played two key defenders all year before that, and barely last year either. It just looks unbalanced. Grimes and Vlastuin maybe both trying to play intercept defender? Give Grimes the second key defender role, play Balta as a ruck/fwd and Dave as the main key back, get an extra runner in there like we've had all year.

Reactions: 1 users
Respectfully disagree Lee, time to call it out. I like how he mentioned adjusting to the "adjudicating" at half time.

We can't continue to be even in almost all stats but Brisbane be double, at times nearly triple the free kicks. It's a farce

Nothing we haven’t overcome when we play well. It was a factor but it didn’t cost us the game. Only gets the umpires (further) off side.

He handled it well. Couple of questions, the press wanted to grill him further on it, he put up his hand and said that’s enough, move on.

Way off tonight we switched off second qtr lions to good on the night they we're more hungry.To many passengers and topline players way off waiting for it to happen.To undisciplined at times come back into our game.Yep Chol is good not enough, but don't blame him for loss collective we weren't good enough.Umpires not to blame.

Make no mistake Soldo huge loss we have loss our structure and Chol can't even do half the job massive impact add to that Lynch out to.Add to that CCJ stupidity kid could give us a option to play him that incident has bite us back.

Dunstall has more faith in the Tiges than some of you guys on here and he bloody hates us.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yep just flick the snicks switch in the bunker. Did not deviate, nought. That was the moment. They would have gone to water at that stage.

Looked to me like there was a slight deviation, I didn't have that big an issue with it being turned over, it hit the post.

*smile* up highlight them.
Do a Fagan and spill the numbers.
Flappers gets bump after taking a mark no 50.
Zorko falls over and that weed calls 50 straight Away.
Robinson grabs Balta and pushes him.
Not even a free kick.
Rich drops the ball, play on 11 seconds later Brisbane kick a goal.

They make a difference.
Why was that a block against Astbury??

Take it up in private, it’s not going to change much now. All it would do is salve supporter wounds a little.

Playing next week at Metricon according to Dimma.
Good to hear. That's been our ground this year. As much as we've loved the Gabba in the past we've played *smile* there this year. The Sydney game was like sticking pins in your eye and I think the other was against GC which was crap as well. Not too mention tonight.

We tend to not change teams too much but I can’t see how we can play all 3 of Aarts, Castagna and Rioli next week. Rioli may have saved himself with a couple of goals but Aarts was poor and Castagna hasn’t had a decent game for quite a while now.

I don’t think Dunstall has ever hated us, not as a commentator. He didn’t respect us, sure. I think he does now, though.
Yep that’s the way I look at it too, imho he is just about the best footy brain in the media .

Who knows losing tonight may able us to get a good solid run and have us peaking on GF day, the double breaks didn’t work for us in 2018

Looked to me like there was a slight deviation, I didn't have that big an issue with it being turned over, it hit the post.
It is what it is. im more pissed that they only appeared to look at one lot of footage of the lions goal when Floss was certain he had touched it.

Tonight was a perfect storm of several variables which worked against us:

1- A 15 game unbeaten streak against the Lions, which they were absolutely determined to break.
2- They played the best game they have played for a very long time and had set themselves for this game. This was their GF!
3- Arguably the most biased, corrupt and agenda driven umpiring Ive seen in along time. The AFL owe QLD.
4- Mabior Chol
5- Bad selections (Caddy and Broad should've played).
6- Missing Lynch
We are a super team! We are a Premiership team! We wil bounce back with a vengeance.

Reactions: 7 users