Game Day - Round 19 v Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Round 19 v Pies

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's all noise and means nothing either way five minutes into the game.

Tigers by 28.

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Pies will try to trap our run-and-carry between centre and half-forward. Essential we are prepared to kick over this zone after a smallish nub

thats the beauty of this gameplan. If teams press us to try and intercept while we ran out it of defence by handball, it will create a huge amount of space behind them and we have the twin towers ready to pounce.

We have no pressure, they have lots of pressure.

what are you on about? a top 4 spot is on the line. the stakes are huge. the pressure is huge.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
6 changes to both teams from round 2

Us
Out: Nankervis, Weller, McIntosh, Markov, Butler, Higgins
In: Soldo, Chol, Houli, Stack, Bolton, Baker

Jack R injured

Pies
Out: Beams, Moore, Stephenson, Langdon, Greenwood, Aish
In: Adams, H- Elliot, C Brown, Daicos, Quaynor, Scharenberg

Tiges by 30 for me.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine

Us

Jack R injured

Pies

Tiges by 30 for me.
Looks good doesn't it. And Lynch is a different player now.

Reactions: 1 user

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
what are you on about? a top 4 spot is on the line. the stakes are huge. the pressure is huge.
[/QUOTE]
The Pies have been erratic and have been talking themselves up all week. We have been quietly winning and building. The hype is definitely building for us but at this stage we are just going about the process of doing what we have been doing.
The pies have been in bad form and just have to win to keep their spot and arrest the slide. Plus they apparently have injuries. No doubt the pressure is around for both teams, and will continue to increase for all finals aspirants toward the business end but definitely much more from the pies at this point in time.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
sorry to be a negative nancy, but i have a bad feeling about tonight. hope i'm wrong.
Same here, however, our momentum is on the up compared to the PF last year when it was obvious we were tiring.

Also, Lynchy's back in form and Stacky's first against the Scum.....along with the Bolt.

Rain or wet turf can dilute the Scum's precision passing and Daddy Long Legs now has the Choldo robot to deal with.

It's all in our hands Tiges. Don't drop the bundle and just hope these green flogs don't get horny with the Scum...

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Us
Jack R injured
this is interesting ToO. and i'm confident about the differences.
Tiges by 3 - 4 goals, but if it's 3 points or 12 goals the joy will be the same.

Reactions: 1 users

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
I am nervous about this one.

Could this be our 2017 Geelong game (late in the season, Cats missing Selwood and Hawkins and we were hot favourites).

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Spewing I can’t go or watch it.

Spewing, that was exactly the problem with half our players in the prelim last year. No excuses but there were. We'll pump them tonight as l9ng as we bring our leave everything out their pressure game to them.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Spewing, that was exactly the problem with half our players in the prelim last year. No excuses but there were. We'll pump them tonight as l9ng as we bring our leave everything out their pressure game to them.

What about round 2 this year no excuses there and there weren't.

We need to win & prove that we are not their Bunnie's.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I am nervous about this one.

Could this be our 2017 Geelong game (late in the season, Cats missing Selwood and Hawkins and we were hot favourites).

I don't recall us being favourites in any big way as it was down at Whatawecallitthisyear Park, happy to be corrected though as I reckon I torched a couple of billion brain cells shortly thereafter :)

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Us

Jack R injured

Pies

Tiges by 30 for me.

Thanks - was wondering how the teams stacked up.

Liked Houli comments on the afl website - it sounds as if they are in the right head space.

The pies will be desperate - have skills but will that be enough, reckon the tigers will turn up so it will be a cracking game and I think a close game.

agincourt

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 4, 2004
What about round 2 this year no excuses there and there weren't.

We need to win & prove that we are not their Bunnie's.
Am I reading that right???

Round 2 was our first game minus Rance and Jack hurt himself early (?) in the game......and you reckon there were no excuses???

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
sorry to be a negative nancy, but i have a bad feeling about tonight. hope i'm wrong.

You negative feelings would have been confirmed 5 times in the last 36 gams at the G so you're likely to be worng

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I can't believe how much negativity there is. We will not be denied a 3rd time by the pies.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Put a line through one side's flag hopes after tonight I reckon.

Don't necessarily think that's the case. I'm toey as a Roman sandal about this game but that's because I hate the Scum so much and also because of how they have destroyed us the last 2 games. By rights we should win; we have the better team on the park and we are currently in much better form. But we all know that can mean squat when the teams hit the field; if we are not switched on and play our usual high pressure game we'll get beaten. If we are on we will win.

That said if we lose it doesn't put a line through us for the flag. It will make it harder no doubt. Top 2 will be gone and top 4 will be harder than it was. But the Geelong loss in 2017 showed that you can rebound and win it.

Same for the Pies. If they lose it makes it harder for them but certainly not impossible and they will get players back for the finals. They are still the team I fear most on the MCG.