Game Day - Round 19 v Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Round 19 v Pies

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
What about round 2 this year no excuses there and there weren't.

We need to win & prove that we are not their Bunnie's.

Agree there were no excuses Round 2 but I don't think we were playing well early in the season . Were very unconvincing against the Blues (only 13 points at quarter time) then smashed by Giants. Even pre-season we were getting pumped early in games. We're playing our brand of footy now and this is the time as you say to prove we're not their bunnies. I don't think we are.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Tiger changes from Round 2:
Out: Weller, Nanks, McIntosh, Higgins, Butler, Markov
In: Houli, Bolton, Baker, Stack, Soldo, Chol

Collingwood changes from Round 2:
Out: Beams, Aish, Greenwood, Langdon, Stephenson, Moore
In: Daicos, Quaynor, Scharenberg, Brown, Hoskin-Eliott, Adams

Huge gains for us when comparing the differences. If we can't beat Collingwood tonight, tough to know when we can.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm expecting a very physical game. Pies will come out absolutely desperate. The first term especially will be red hot & we must fight fire with fire.
The likes of Chol, Bolton, Baker & Stack are all going to know they're in a game of football. Must come out with the right mindset. If we absorb that & rob them of any confidence then I expect we run away with it.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Don't necessarily think that's the case. I'm toey as a Roman sandal about this game but that's because I hate the Scum so much and also because of how they have destroyed us the last 2 games. By rights we should win; we have the better team on the park and we are currently in much better form. But we all know that can mean squat when the teams hit the field; if we are not switched on and play our usual high pressure game we'll get beaten. If we are on we will win.

That said if we lose it doesn't put a line through us for the flag. It will make it harder no doubt. Top 2 will be gone and top 4 will be harder than it was. But the Geelong loss in 2017 showed that you can rebound and win it.

Same for the Pies. If they lose it makes it harder for them but certainly not impossible and they will get players back for the finals. They are still the team I fear most on the MCG.
Exactly. While we will be a lot happier with a win finals dont start for another month. Still plenty of time for both teams regardless what happens tonight.

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Tigers by plenty tonight !, its time for the rubber stamp ...

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
5 or 6 goal lead at Qtr time would be nice. Media will concentrate on the Pies crisis and not us

• Love

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
Just in a train going past Punt Road, saw somebody doing some running by themselves on the oval, not sure who it was though.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
5 or 6 goal lead at Qtr time would be nice. Media will concentrate on the Pies crisis and not us
Yep. Do an ambush like GWS did and put their hopes down early.

I just wanna see more Benny Hill stuff from Daddy Long Legs.