Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
We take our foot off the pedal when we get well in front and then the opposition put pressure on us around the ball and we look ordinary.

Problem is we do this against bottom of the ladder teams and top 8 teams. Wish we would maintain the pressure for the full 4 quarters.

In the end a good win but I wish we would just shut teams out once we get well in front and not let them back into the match.

Hope you're at least smiling now, '67
Not the prettiest of wins but there you were really worried about losing.
Got the four points, so let's move on.
Just got to keep winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Nank and Ross got through and thank dog they were available.

So Dusty and Cotch come back? BEllis and Baker?

Thought we were good first half. Their midfield got well on top second half. With Lambert down we only really had Prestia doing a fantastic effort against the flow/

Thought Broad and Castagna had a lot of very ordinary moments. BEllis not far behind.

Bolton much better sharing of the ball but the 100 metre penalty was pure selfishness.

Broad dropped one easy chest mark and stuffed up 1 handpass two howlers Lambsy, I wouldnt say thats alot of ordinary moments in a wet game..

George played hard but he isnt clean with the footy at the best of times and does my head in but he did put in today but did kill momentum numerous times but he wasn't alone.

Ellis and George killed a number of forward thrusts with their indecision, and even L:ambo was guilty of the same today.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Never in doubt. Vlastuin, Prestia, Shedd immense. Leaders lead victory. That's the sign of culture.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Channel 7 doing their best highlighting Jack's (non-chicken wing) tackle for the MoROns.

Shut up Spitty Watson and keep sooking on your rubbish club.

• Haha

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Agreed never in doubt, the only reason it wasn't about 45p was poor conversion and fumbly bits.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Given the conditions and that quite a number of players had average/ordinary games the Tigers did okay to take the points.
Throw in a couple of players who were also playing a bit sore or underdone and it's not too bad a result.
Pleased that Nankervis and Ross got some game time and pulled through alright.
Looked a class above Carlton in the first half.
Time to re-set for WCE next week.
Will be a cracker of a game.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I thought Lambert, Stack, Reiwoldt and Chol were all well down.

I'd trial Soldo and Nankervis next week to see what we lose if Chol isn't there.

Horrible game today. Annoyed the *smile* out of me from the time Kreuzer kicked that goal before half time.

As for Mr Undisciplined, a public flogging is in order.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Next week will b fun. Top 4 play each other so shud b a bit of movement up there...

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
Hope you're at least smiling now, '67
Not the prettiest if wins but there you were really worried about losing.
Gt the four points, so let's move on.
Just got to keep winning.
Yes BT. But I got a bit uncomfortable half through the last quarter. Am calming down now thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Small forwards were pretty ordinary today.
Would have thought Rioli would have been in his element, but is struggling at the moment. Will MC keep picking hi i the hope that he turns things around eventually?
I know conditions didn't suit Chol today but geez I thought his endeavour and efforts were pretty lacklustre. Today's performance not good enough really.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
No dusty, no cotch, no Rance, .......no worries, lazy 5 goal win against a desperate blues in the wet.

Our second tier of sheds, presty, vlad are all leading the way

Reactions: 3 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Is there such a thing as incorrect disposal anymore?

It was truly like a rugby match out there at times. In a passage of play, I counted three throws from five disposals by Carlton. Not once were they pulled up.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I thought the 100m against Bolton was utter crap. Some saying Shai was selfish and dumb. I call crap all round. He gets a high tackle against him, CRAP. He goes to protect the play on and gets pinged 50m, CRAP again. Cheatin’ Carltank player hits him in the guts and he reacts, maggot calls 100m to instill his arrogant school teacher dominance, CRAP. What *smile* in a game of AFL football. What about that *smile* with Curnow earlier, tackled twice and disposed of it incorrectly twice and called play on and then the *smile* want players to not get frustrated and act like school prefects. Really??!!

Reactions: 2 users