GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V HAWKS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V HAWKS

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Clarko decided to flood when 4 goals down - he was stopping a blow-out - but also conceding any chance of winning. When teams park the bus we struggle as there is no space to run into...but fortunately we still win.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I can't recall the last time I didn't watch a replay of a Tigers win, but the drought breaks this weekend.

Funny coz I was thinking the same
Maybe I’ll relent on a wet day but just not keen at this stage

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
don't know if they care how much they win by Rids.. percentage might be what yr getting at, but 4 points at this stage of the season is better and the Dorks were never going to win that.

and... Steglar? for the Dorks is a thug
I think you’re right Art. Although Dimma looked decidedly displeased at certain times today. That level of play won’t beat the better teams.

But yes bank the wins and play our best footy at the end of the year.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
U-G-L-Y.

It's hard you don't want to peak early but geez that was off.

I'll take ugly ten goal wins against bottom three sides but not that.

Butchered the ball forward of centre, zero flow. Edwards and Coach turnover central.

Backline won the game.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
U-G-L-Y.

It's hard you don't want to peak early but geez that was off.

I'll take ugly ten goal wins against bottom three sides but not that.

Butchered the ball forward of centre, zero flow. Edwards and Coach turnover central.

Backline won the game.
I really think it’s mainly our inside 50 kicking and then what happens when the ball is on our forward line. Both areas were miles off today which resulted in a 5 goal win instead of a 10 goal plus win. Our renowned pressure may have been a bit off as well.

Fix those areas and we’re okay. We’ll need to fix them to beat the Swans though. At the very least they can’t be as bad as today.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Nah we’re good. Steve Hocking gave us another premiership cup when he confirmed a return to 20min quarters.

We work time, fuel and momentum like no other club in the history of the game.

At a micro level, we raise fight when the oppo gets a goal. Scoring so quickly after this happens is no coincidence.

At an intermediate level, we build throughout each quarter, setting a stranglehold by the last five minutes. We look to score 1-2 goals in red time and often do.

At a macro level, we look like we’ve returned to the good old days of 2017 and 2019 in how we explode in Q4. So far we’ve played teams with an extra month of pre season but we’ve still run over the top. We aren’t fitter, we just have players who are equipped to run all day.

Time, fuel and momentum. Throw in chaos, silk, tempo and Dusty. We can strangle teams in at least a dozen devilish ways.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Boring game to watch .
Looked like circle work most of the time.
we looked good early then didn’t get out of second gear.

Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Great game for round 2 - picked up the 4 points, no injuries and only needed to slip into third gear every now and again when we needed a goal or two.

Still busting out the cobwebs and saving our juice for when we need it.

Sydney on our deck - how lovely is footy right now.

Our class is across the ground and I just love watching Balta dominate, Bakers run, Graham’s bulk and Bolton skill - young players playing like they all have 150 + games under their belt.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Stunned at the comments here. We looked great until Clarko screwed the game.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Did it pretty easy really. Have to say though this new keepings off style of game across the competition is pretty boring.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Clarko decided to flood when 4 goals down - he was stopping a blow-out - but also conceding any chance of winning. When teams park the bus we struggle as there is no space to run into...but fortunately we still win.
Thats when you use Martyn, Balta and Short just to go in over the top, yes you will miss a few but if you pick up even 2 goals doing it is will have them in two minds.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Need to lift again next week Swans got some speed and skill now.

Plus Buddy (have a free kick for no reason Franklin) is playing.

Gonna be a test next week a tough game, and the Tigers will need to lift a gear to prepare them for the Kochies away again (of course).

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
can we sanction @Sammy Cougar for dropping the ball and having the PRE FOY thread closed?

voting by feel, right on the siren, has become a crucial part of my triple premiership routine

im not happy, but understand life may have thrown up an obstacle for sammy

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Not liking this new style of chip n run, round in circles uncontested keeping off game at all. Massive over possession ineffective load of *smile* so far.
Our game day one wood has been pretty much taken away and it seems like every club is now in the situation of trying to figure out how to adjust to the new circle work without turning the ball over deep forward n then getting a rebound ground length transition whereby there's another dump into the forward line for some more rebound n circle work in transition.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not liking this new style of chip n run, round in circles uncontested keeping off game at all. Massive over possession ineffective load of *smile* so far.
Our game day one wood has been pretty much taken away and it seems like every club is now in the situation of trying to figure out how to adjust to the new circle work without turning the ball over deep forward n then getting a rebound ground length transition whereby there's another dump into the forward line for some more rebound n circle work in transition.
They should plant a mulberry bush in the centre circleimages - 2021-03-28T170903.469.jpeg