GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V HAWKS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V HAWKS

Feb 25, 2007
At the game, today geez it felt warm. First half we used our handball carry game well, cut through the hawks like swiss cheese. Just need to brush up on our forward 50 entries.
In the 2nd half we played differently, more chip, mark, slower ball movement and I guess that's all we needed to do to conserve energy.

The hawks were the ones who were 4 goals down at half time and they didn't challenge us so we played similar to them just chip, mark but when the game was there to be won in the first half we did what we needed to by moving the ball quickly.

I walked away happy in that we won by 5 goals, no injuries, preserved energy by not overexerting ourselves in the 2nd half, as next Sat temp is expected to be 28 degrees.

Votes on SEN were,
Dusty 3
Cotchin 2
Jiath 1

They then mentioned Mitchell, 37 disposals, Cornes goes gets too many possies in the back half and doesn't hurt the opposition. Plus he only had 170 meters gained, averaged 4.5 meters per disposal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Pickett looked out of form
Cotchin’s disposal was terrible will improve

Caddy is particularly unsuited to the new rules.
Arts looked very poor. Will need to lift soon to keep his spot

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
At the game, today geez it felt warm. First half we used our handball carry game well, cut through the hawks like swiss cheese. Just need to brush up on our forward 5 entries. In the 2nd half we played differently, more chip, mark, slower ball movement and I guess that's all we needed to do to conserve energy.

The hawks were the ones who were 4 goals down at half time and they didn't challenge us so we played similar to them just chip, mark but when the game was there to be won in the first half we did what we needed to by moving the ball quickly.

I walked away happy in that we won by 5 goals, no injuries, preserved energy by not overexerting ourselves in the 2nd half, as next Sat temp is expected to be 28 degrees.

Votes on SEN were,
Dusty 3
Cotchin 2
Jiath 1

They then mentioned Mitchell, 37 disposals, Cornes goes gets too many possies in the back half and doesn't hurt the opposition. Plus had only 170 meters gained, averaged 4.5 meters per disposal.

Whenever you throw these sort of stats at Hawks supporters (and similar for Neale) is that "but he wins the ball and dishes out to others", well 26 of 39 touches today were uncontested and he has 4 yes 4 score involvements. He just does very little with the ball when he has it.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Geez we can be frustrating to watch. Should be at least 6 goals up. Once again absolutely butchering the ball going forward. If we could get clean ball use going forward we’d win this game by 20 goals.
Does Dimma ever get asked this in his afte match or comment on it in his podcast? Curious if he worried or not?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
As of right now I don't think the selection committee would find it too hard finding spots for Tigga and Bash .

Caddy, Pickett, Aarts and Ross would be be the 4 most likely in the gun right now.

No fault of Ross's he was sub today so thats going to automatically include him.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Caddy looked cooked a lot of the time. Unfortunately he's not best 22 if everyone is available. If it comes down to Caddy or Marlion on a wing surely it's Marlion every time? He might butcher it a bit but he's a power runner with speed.

Reactions: 4 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Caddy looked cooked a lot of the time. Unfortunately he's not best 22 if everyone is available. If it comes down to Caddy or Marlion on a wing surely it's Marlion every time? He might butcher it a bit but he's a power runner with speed.

I think he goes when vlastun comes back in

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Love what Caddy has brought to the team/club, unfortunately I think moving forward the club might be better off getting games into a kid over him.

Reactions: 5 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Jiath is a good player, he just always seemed to be popping up in the right place.

DS
he was their standout for me at the ground. Made a couple of blue taking the game on and did some really good stuff too.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Anyway burn the tape and focus on Swans next week. They are going well. Will need a big improvement on today’s performance to win.
Always wonder why people say burn the tape? Is that the way of modern coaching, you don't learn from examples of poor games / play, only reinforce positive stuff?

Feb 25, 2007
Whenever you throw these sort of stats at Hawks supporters (and similar for Neale) is that "but he wins the ball and dishes out to others", well 26 of 39 touches today were uncontested and he has 4 yes 4 score involvements. He just does very little with the ball when he has it.

Bingo that's what a hawk supporter said to me last week but I go he had more uncontested than contested plus he handbells way to much.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Another week, another solid win, another thread of PRE members whinging.

Christ, I doubt any of you could run 100 metres without a break let alone a full game of AFL.
First line understandable opinion as some prefer back slapping.
Second line is irrelevant.
U. Bolt.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Always wonder why people say burn the tape? Is that the way of modern coaching, you don't learn from examples of poor games / play, only reinforce positive stuff?
Yeah I don’t know. Probably more talking from a supporters point of view. I certainly won’t be watching that one again.

Feb 25, 2007
Is it time to go away from the 3 smalls set up and go with 2, with Caddy to play as a mid-size forward like 2018.
One of Rioli or Aarts to make way. Dan had 7 disposals, 4 tackles and 4 behinds
Aarts had 5 disposals, 1 goal and zero tackles

Vlastuin In
Aarts or Rioli Out

Houli is also available but think he should have at least one hit out in the reserves.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Watching the replay. It’s half time and we are taking the *smile*. Have barely broken into a sweat.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Aarts and Caddy both really have to impact the game as their lack of foot speed cost them both a place in last years GF and with the new rules they are really up against it to stay in the 22 save for injuries.