GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Pretty sure that the young Richmondy Bombers will be brave.

Reactions: 1 user

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Very nervous about this one. They will be dying to beat us.
Nank is a huge out.
But cometh the moment, cometh Mabs. And CJ must butter up.
If this is the start of our run to the flag then the WLWL trend will stop tonight.
Us by a kick.

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
Yep, we have some key players out in Nank, Lynch and Astbury.
And, for Our midfield apart from lambert, we are pretty much at full strength. We will beat them, media overhyping the bombers.

Tigers by 25 pts

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Finally getting to a dreamtime game.
Perth is going to rock it.
Really looking forward to Welcome to Country, last year's was spine tingling stuff.
Tigers by 27.
Go tigers.

Reactions: 10 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I don’t think there’s a better ruck for the inexperienced Chol and CJ to come up against than Phillips.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Reckon Prestia will benefit from the hitout last week. Was quiet and expecting him to come out on all cylinders. Dusty been a bit quiet by his lofty standards lately. Due for a big one.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Finally getting to a dreamtime game.
Perth is going to rock it.
Really looking forward to Welcome to Country, last year's was spine tingling stuff.
Tigers by 27.
Go tigers.
Hope you have a great time @HR ....
Essendon are banging on about their local support and I understand it's pretty strong. I've always thought we have a fair contingent over your way too.
Wanna take a ping at the stumps on what the split will be tonight?:)

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
So many must win games in the second half of this year, and it started last week and has to continue this week.

Semi-confident we can win but we need to be building because we have a way to go to challenge this year.

DS

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Massive game.

We’re still finding our way and I don’t think it’s ever taken quite this long in a season to do it.

The bottom line is we ain’t spreading like we used to and we ain’t defending like we used to.

The spread will come, although the loss of Nank is important.

What worries me is our defence. Grimes is way off, Vlastuin isn’t himself, Astbury is glue and Balta is still prone to panicking.

We are packed with talent - Martin, Riewoldt, Bolton, Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Baker is the envy of any team.

Tonight is a fork in the road. Lose and I fear that the bye won’t magically set us on a finals path.

Win and we have a trend. A spark.

Win comfortably and you could say we’re settling into our stride.

Reactions: 7 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Massive game.

We’re still finding our way and I don’t think it’s ever taken quite this long in a season to do it.

The bottom line is we ain’t spreading like we used to and we ain’t defending like we used to.

What worries me is our defence. Grimes is way off, Vlastuin isn’t himself, Astbury is glue and Balta is still prone to panicking.

We are packed with talent - Martin, Riewoldt, Bolton, Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Baker is the envy of any team.

Tonight is a fork in the road. Lose and I fear that the bye won’t magically set us on a finals path.

Agree. Seeing Melbourne beat brisbane on the spread with their handball game confirmed to me what's been missing from our game. Suspected we've been playing too static chip chip mark conservative footy. Need to get on our collective bikes and get our running handball game up and running. No doubt essendon will try to beat us this way tonight.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Big game tonight. Win and we go into next week (hopefully) against a decimated Eagles team with a chance to win in Perth (which I think most of us probably had down as an L before the start of the season).

Win these 2 and go into the bye at 8 and 5 with a nice run home, top 4 would still be beckoning.

Big game, need big game players to stand up tonight through the midfield. Prestia and Cotch will be better for last week. Hopefully our forward line of CJ and Jack can stretch their backs.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Massive game.

Carter. Last week was a good start. Finally started to control the ball but we are leagues behind Melbourne at the moment. Our backline cant do its thing because of the ease the ball rebounds from our 50. Our pressure forwards cant do their thing because the raft of anti Richmond pressure rules have finally overwhelmed them. Key as acknowledged by Hardwick - extra marking targets inside 50 and more controlled inside 50s. Its an unknown tonight. Relying on Chol for example is akin to believing in the tooth fairy. Go tooth fairy!!

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Essendon won't get the ball.

Parish, Merrett, Scrappy-Doo and Stringer pretending he's Dusty v Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Bolton and actual Dusty.

Ploise.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Jeez , bomber fans are confident, haven’t met one that doesn’t think they will win