Game Day - Tigers v Dees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Dees

Fantastic win considering the injuries.
We found a defender.
Higgins was great.
Lambert was the road runner again.
Our run looked like it was back.
McIntosh shouldn't be played ahead of the kids, just unsteady on his feet and a very ordinary tackler.

Reactions: 1 user
I think Lynch might have a broken hand (4-5 weeks), Cotchin - Hammy (2-3 weeks with his history), Prestia (hard to say - 2-10 weeks), Nank - Groin? (Could be the worst of the lot?) Makes 2-3 fit guys not going look much worse. Our depth will be tested now - not necessarily a bad thing. Perhaps, RCD, Stack, Pickett, Bolton, Ross and CCJ or Soldo back in?

Add Houli and Edwards not going over for the 4 weeks.

Pretty good win in the end given how undermanned we were in the last quarter. But still we are a long way from our 2017-19 form; Melbourne are rubbish.

Burns the ball too much. His kicking is pretty ordinary. That play in the last quarter where unnecessarily played on after a mark and blasted it to a 4 on 1 in Demons favour was diabolical. Completely the wrong thing to do in that moment. Cost a goal albeit the terrible umpiring decision also contributed. But the ball should never have been down there.
Disagree with ya here Riddler , we play on all the time in that position , actually thought Lynch deserved a free at the top of the square ,. Thought he set the tone with some of his Edwards like simple touch interceptions early

Goodwin must be under pressure. They play an awful brand.

They are shithouse.

They are still playing their best Key Defender as their Key Forward, and then spent bazillions on another 2 Key Defenders.

Flat trackers and front runners when the pressure comes they are no good.

Given everything that’s happened & blokes like Houli & Edwards not going to the hub, we should really use the rest of this year to blood all our depth & create a super strong group to have a crack at the 2021 flag when hopefully crowds will be back, normal quarters etc . Dow has to get a go next week too.

Disagree with ya here Riddler , we play on all the time in that position , actually thought Lynch deserved a free at the top of the square ,. Thought he set the tone with some of his Edwards like simple touch interceptions early
Surely not with 4 minutes to go Mr.B? Wind down the clock and take some heat out of the game at that stage don’t you? Whether Lynch deserved a free or not you don’t kick it to him when he’s got 4 players on him. Higgo’s kicks are sky balls as well which make it hard for forwards.

Anyway he did okay but reckon he really needs to improve kicking and decision making. Heart and endeavour are never an issue.

Take the win, but not quite the flick of the switch I was hoping for.

Melbourne are a truly poor side. They are so bad. I understand why Clayton Oliver handballs so much

oliver overated player. this is why afl football standard is bad, kicking and handball skills are below par. recruiters dont look at skills when they recruit. I dont care if you get 35 possessions when you do not do anything with them.

oliver overated player. this is why afl football standard is bad, kicking and handball skills are below par. recruiters dont look at skills when they recruit. I dont care if you get 35 possessions when you do not do anything with them.
and Melbournes problem is they have a midfield filled with poor kicks of the footy. Its why they are so desperate to have petracca play through there.

Take the win, but not quite the flick of the switch I was hoping for.

Melbourne are a truly poor side. They are so bad. I understand why Clayton Oliver handballs so much
Last year it was never a flick the switch game. We banked some valuable wins between some poundings, gradually added back some senior players then built momentum at the back end with wins against Eagles and lions. We need to be patient and stay in touch with the eight.

Reactions: 6 users
Surely not with 4 minutes to go Mr.B? Wind down the clock and take some heat out of the game at that stage don’t you? Whether Lynch deserved a free or not you don’t kick it to him when he’s got 4 players on him. Higgo’s kicks are sky balls as well which make it hard for forwards.

Anyway he did okay but reckon he really needs to improve kicking and decision making. Heart and endeavour are never an issue.
Percentage son percentage, don’t want the Pies to nudge us out over percentage