Game Day - Tigers v Dees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Dees

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Nankervis and Prestia both have syndesmosis injuries.

6-8 at best but better than what it looked like during the game.

Looks like at least 5 compulsory changes next week, plus Lynch and Broad with potential hand issues.

Good work Large Son Of Bull.

Yep I'll take the syndesmosis injuries over another torn groin and ACL which wouldve written em both off for the season.

Reactions: 3 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
From a Demons mate's group chat

Press conference from Simon Goodwin 26 July

It is with great sadness and pride that I tender my resignation as coach of the Melbourne Football Club effective immediately.

Recent discussions with the board have indicated that moving forward a different direction is required.

The brand of football that Melbourne has been playing for the last few seasons is something that I will take full responsibility for.

Being coach of the Melbourne Football Club has been an immense privilege. It is now time for someone else to move the club forward to greater success. It is comforting for me knowing that the undoubted future success of the Melbourne Football Club will be due partly due my time at the Melbourne Football Club.

To all of our supporters I would like to thanks you all for your encouragement and support. Please stick with the club - without you there would not be the club.

To sponsors I would also like to thank you for sticking with us and aligning your brands and businesses with such a successful and established brand.

To the wonderful support and coaching staff I thank you for your work and dedication.

And finally to our players. You are the most important part of this wonderful institution. Your dedication and professionalism has been exemplary.

It just disappoints me continually that you can’t consistently mark and continuously *smile* up disposal into the forward line. Christian Salem - kick long and stop your dinky kicking. Bailey Fritch & Tom McDonald - please mark the ball as most professional footballers can. Adam Tomlinson - just have some impact - any impact - on the game.

And why oh why to do our defenders consistently kick back across the ground and Richmond just cuts it off and yet again scores from Melbourne turnovers? To my players, why do you continuously over use the ball? Our connections from the backs and mids to our forward line is embarrassingly bad and inept. Shameful and embarrassing.

I can’t stand it anymore and I am resigning. Let’s not kid ourselves that we are under skilled and can’t kick a goal...

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I thought Melbourne started quite well, they certainly showed some intent and were clearly trying to be hard at the ball.

Richmond looked a lot better, not quite there yet with the pressure and skill levels still a fair way below what we can do. But a definite improvement, and a win, which was vital.

Costly in terms of injuries but there is time to get them back and we can use this as an opportunity to try out some young players.

Keep getting better and we can be very competitive this year. Let's hope the hub turns out to be a positive experience.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
This is becoming a bit like how last year unfolded - we were written of by so many early and we hung around just and then built beautifully as our players returned.

Can it happen again - hope so.

If we can bank the next two as wins then I reckon we can as we will be a very inexperienced team for these games

Love to see Dow debut and see CCJ get a run -

Reactions: 1 user

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
10 Kane Lambert (RICH)
6 Jack Higgins (RICH)
6 Noah Balta (RICH)
4 Michael Hibberd (MELB)
3 Christian Petracca (MELB)
1 Tom Lynch (RICH)

Coaches votes.

Balta!

Reactions: 1 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Great that Lambert is back playing well, although not the same type player as Dion they are both link players and huge to how we perform, with both of them down and now Dion out its fantastic to have Lambo back in form. Interesting to see who replaces Dion, reigning B&F massive boots to fill.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
PlayerVotesRankGmsCareerAge Last GmCaCoHaStMe
Lambert, Kane10eq 36th510028y222d10
Prestia, Dion9eq 52nd516027y267d9
Houli, Bachar8eq 60th421132y54d8
Balta, Noah6eq 78th11420y256d6
Higgins, Jack6eq 78th43721y108d6
Cotchin, Trent5eq 93rd523930y89d41
Nankervis, Toby5eq 93rd37425y328d5
Martin, Dustin4eq 106th422829y9d4
Rioli, Daniel4eq 106th48123y80d4
Lynch, Tom J.1eq 164th516127y248d1

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Bored, so watched the replay.
Those holding the ball decisions (to both teams) were disgraceful.

Would there be any other professional sporting competition in the world that changes their rules mid week because a COACH told them to ???

I hope Clarko mentions more protection for Jack in his press conference this week.

Reactions: 4 users