Game Day Tigers v Dockers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers v Dockers

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Mundy is having a ripping year from the games I have seen. Has probably been a chronically underrated player.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Got a feeling its going to be a very close game. Hogan mightn't kick a lot of goals, but he'ill give them good structure. Walters is very dangerous, and Fyfe will be a hard match up when he goes forward. I love Broady but he's going to be undersized, and I'm not sure of his ability to play on Taberner or Lobb.
Looking forward to watching young Dow again. Higgins to play a bit more midfield?

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
We seem to be worried about their talls. They have to get the ball to their talls enough times to even be in a position to kick enough goals to beat us. To do that they cannot flood or at least it won't be a 22 man flood. Therefore they need to be worried about our talls with the two ruckman.

Longmuir doesn’t strike me as a coach who will go the ‘flood’.
Watched quite a few of their games.
Got a good batch of young players mixed with experience.
Admittedly they were poor against GWS but I expect them to respond tonight.
They play a good brand of football of the games I have seen.

Let’s see how this game unfolds.

They have players who in the past tend to play well, get up for games against us.

I will take a win, 4 points , rest and get ready for the match of the season against the Meows

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We moved into 2nd gear against the Eagles. I don't expect us to ease off the accelerator or start riding the clutch.

We've started our run for the Premiership.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Their tall forwards are a worry as we are 2 down in the back line - Grimes and Astbury.

But this needs to be won in the middle, we need to win more clearances and will be fine.

Clearly we are heading towards finals in the knowledge that we need to win all 3 games. Geelong will be the biggest challenge and we certainly need some help down back in that game as the injuries are significant. Can't afford to drop this game and I don't think we will.

DS

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
tigers by 35 pts
dont worry about their talls in the forward line ..it won't get down there much! plus hogan will get in the way

our forward line to dominate

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
if its officially big boys month, which you would imagine it is when we need to win every game

cant see us dropping it

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We are playing good, hard quick footy - no one can get in our way now.

I can’t remember us being this focused since, since .......this time last year :)

Somehow I am expecting a game a bit like the 2017 game we played them late in the season in Perth.

Hopefully I am not being to over confident.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Need to come out switched on and play the game how we want it to be played.The pressure and tackling intensity, ball movement link up play etc and efficient forward entry's to our advantage.

Last edited:

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Love to see George kick 6.0, but on past evidence I’d be pleased with 2.4.
I don’t like criticising our players but he has had a fair bit of training at the elite level and shows no signs of improving this part of his game.

We have a few players who similarly arrived in the side. Lambert and Soldo come to mind.
But no one has who has shown no improvement at all has lasted as long.
How about 0.5 and one out on the full, like the GF?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
After tonight match we'll be everyone's Premiership favorite after our dismantling of Freo.

Well everyone except Fagan and King because they'll be looking at the stats sheets trying to understand how we managed to win any game this year.

• Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
After tonight match we'll be everyone's Premiership favorite after our dismantling of Freo.

Not sure if "dismantling Freo" is really going to impress too many people, but I guess it won't hurt

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
If we come in half baked we will get rolled ... medium risk, high reward type of game

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Should win easily. None of the *smile* teams look like beating any of the good teams (Adel / Haw doesn't count as they are both rubbish).