Game Day Tigers V Giants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers V Giants

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
The next few weeks are going to be brutal... we need all the wins that we can get... Tiges by 12pts.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Plenty of our youngsters & newcomers have been playing well the past few weeks. That needs to continue against an opposition that will be desperate to win tonight.
This is a line in the sand game for GW$ who will be hell bent on revenge for their embarrassing Grand Final performance & ordinary start to the season.
Alternatively we don't have much to lose tonight & go in as underdogs. Hopefully that heaps pressure on them & we play freely as a united team.
On paper they look better but a few of our young lads will look forward to the challenge. Even on their own deck, I won't be at all surprised if we win tonight & send the Giant$ season into free fall.

Reactions: 6 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
The Giants are still playing their same "keepings off" system as they did last year but at a slower speed. The do not go long, fast and direct and that is suicide against us. We have at least been getting back to our system even though North didn't put up too much of a contest but it did give us some confidence. I think we will do pretty well tonight. Bulldogs the following week will be harder, much harder.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Massive game in the context of the season.
GWS has had the heat on them all week. They will come out firing. Big challenge ahead for our young team.

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The Giants have been hanging in there due the quality of their defence. If we use the ball well forward of centre and GWS continue to dish up the dross they have been then we will win.

Look at their inside 50 count and differential

Rd 1 - Geelong 39 (-2) - Won by 32
Rd 2 - North 38 (-5) - Lost by 20
Rd 3 - Bulldogs 29 (-15) - Lost by 24
Rd 4 - Collingwood 37 (-11) - Won by 2
Rd 5 - Hawthorn 26 (-12) - Won by 34
Rd 6 - Port 33 (-18) - Lost by 17
Rd 7 - Brisbane 34 (-22) - Lost by 20

How the hell they managed to beat Hawthorn by 34 points with only 26 inside 50's only Clarko can answer.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I think that the inside 50 stats above show just how important the stat about how often a team scores when they enter their 50 is. If you can limit scoring of your opposition inside 50s then you are a pretty good chance of winning.

This one won't be easy so we'll have to see if we're on tonight and can pull off a win.

DS

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Go boys - any win is a good win. Cant believe we are at worse odds to win than Nth were against us lasy week. Lack of respect to stick it up em lads.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Its an overly simplistic approach,

But i simply cant take a side that lost to #lolnorf seriously.

However, we are pushing the inexperience threshold.

The last time our process has been so important was probably last week.

Tigers by 5 pts.

Paddy naish 3 goals

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
They will come out swinging, elbowing, eye gouging and squirrel gripping. I mean this in the literal sense. I recon they will employ that plastic tough guy brand they love so much to try and intimidate. I just want to see grimes and his elbows scything through the defensive arcs as broad dishes out a few cauliflowers.

....and 12 goals to naish

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We are missing plenty, but so are they.

Taylor is an intercept key for them. Williams is their dynamic drive from half-back, Kennedy plays a role in that too, and Cumming would be next in line. Ward is a hard nut and spiritual leader.

If you swapped Jacobs and Shaw for Soldo and Baker, the age difference would disappear. They have some unproven youngsters like Caldwell, Langdon and Ash, and some bog-average journeymen in Keefe, de Boer, Corr and Lloyd. Everyone talks them up as the most talented list in the comp. They're not.

Tiges by 15.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Lets see the tactics De Boer employs on Martin.

Fridge Graham will need to be at his tackling best tonight.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Taylor is an intercept key for them. Williams is their dynamic drive from half-back, Kennedy plays a role in that too, and Cumming would be next in line. Ward is a hard nut and spiritual leader.

If you swapped Jacobs and Shaw for Soldo and Baker, the age difference would disappear. They have some unproven youngsters like Caldwell, Langdon and Ash, and some bog-average journeymen in Keefe, de Boer, Corr and Lloyd. Everyone talks them up as the most talented list in the comp. They're not.

Tiges by 15.
Big call Spook. Still plenty of quality in that team.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004

Tiges by 15.

I didn't think they were tracking that bad injury wise. Ward & Williams certainly important to them & Taylor as well. But fair to say they doing a lot better in that department compared to a lot of other sides.

I hope you are right though. Go Tiges

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Massive game in the context of the season.
GWS has had the heat on them all week. They will come out firing. Big challenge ahead for our young team.
Been under the pump in the media all week. Sure to fire them up. Bit concerned about tonight.

Have to negate Greene and Cameron in particular. They are match winners if let loose.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Winnable without a doubt we stick to our systems and plan and take it up to another level big chance We cut there midfield supply and own the ruck and go inside 50 smartly to.Yeah copping slack in the media gws ,but we hot a big motivation to so many played along Tucky.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We win today we'll go back to being #1 Premiership favorites

backpocketplumber

Tiger Rookie
May 19, 2014
I've been in a bit of a "dark funk" since news of Tucky broke........strangely lurking around this site has helped! A win against this mob will go a long way to restoring normal programming. Balta to take mark of the year and kick goal of the year in this game. Tigers by 16 points.

Reactions: 5 users