Game Day Tigers V Giants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers V Giants

interesting that gws are averaging 36 forward 50 entries a game ,with tigers averaging 45 ,hope our defence starves them.

Reactions: 1 users
The Giants are still playing their same "keepings off" system as they did last year but at a slower speed. The do not go long, fast and direct and that is suicide against us. We have at least been getting back to our system even though North didn't put up too much of a contest but it did give us some confidence. I think we will do pretty well tonight. Bulldogs the following week will be harder, much harder.

I'm expecting a massive effort tonight from the Giants. Good conditions for footy. They've been attacked all week in the media.Grand final rematch. Too talented for them not to perform tonight in spite of Cameron.

Think the bulldogs are pretty average, their forward line is awful, Bruce, Gowers & Young as your tall forwards. Suckling floating around. That's a VFL lineup. They are up against the best defence in recent memory. Hopefully they don't drop any of them. If we lose tonight you may get even money on the open against the bulldogs - if so its rob a bank time.

Tonight a much harder match IMO.

they will have some baggage left over from getting annihilated in the GF, but also will want revenge. expect a game.
Predictably De Boer may go to Dusty, so i'd like to see someone legally flatten him.
Tiges by 14 points.

Time to inflict a mental scar the psyche of another grand final challenger. Eat 'Em Alive boys!!! This one is for Tucky!!! :gotiges

Reactions: 2 users
they will have some baggage left over from getting annihilated in the GF, but also will want revenge. expect a game.
Predictably De Boer may go to Dusty, so i'd like to see someone legally flatten him.
Tiges by 14 points.

Any kind of flattening is ok with me

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
interesting that gws are averaging 36 forward 50 entries a game ,with tigers averaging 45 ,hope our defence starves them.

I think its more the differential that matters as it indicates where you are playing the game.

Tiges are 5th with +7.4 inside 50's.
Giants are 17th with -12.2 inside 50's.

Their last 2 weeks have been -18 and -22. If they run those numbers today then we will win comfortably.

Balta Egg Aarts Pickett Chol & Naish total 42 matches so we shall see how good our depth is.

Reactions: 1 user
This feels like the first ‘real’ game of footy this year. My adrenaline is pumpin, i am excited to see our young players get into them tonight

Dont care what we win by Lets do it For Tucky

Reactions: 2 users
We haven't beaten a current top 10 team. Just need to bank as many wins as we can in time for the better opposition in the 2nd half of the season.

Yep, huge game. I reckon you'll need at least 11, probably 12 wins to make the top 4 (maybe 11.5 for us). So a loss for the Giants means they'll have to go undefeated for the rest of the year to make the top 4 - and I'm not buying the 'this is the year you can win it from 8th' talk.

They have huge systemic issues, so it will be interesting to see if their pressure and zones are up to snuff.