Game Day Tigers V Giants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers V Giants

Yep, killed ourselves with poor skills and decision making.

That Higgins Picklett screw up cost another chance at a goal.
That was Pickett's fault. I have to say I saw a few awareness issues with him tonight. Overran the ball a bit too.

Reactions: 3 users
We ain't gonna win every game left that's for sure. Probably fall into 6th or 7th. Never know from there. Have to sort out our scoring issues or no chance

Reactions: 1 users
8 premiership players out & we get beaten by 2 goals.
Giants aren't that flash, we're not that bad.

Concur & as our B team did themselves proud tonight. Not knocking Naish but how Dimma selected him instead of Stack in such & important game is beyond me.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep we buggerd that up. Poor goal kicking and not enough pressure from a few players. Egg and naish were both poor which disappointed me the most. I liked seeing dusty play like he means it again and shai was insanely good

Reactions: 2 users
one of the worst officiated games in living memory .... whatever the result ... whistle junkies needing a fix ...
I don't mind an over officiated game if it's consistent. But holding the ball is just a lottery now. Nobody understands it! Castagna decision needs an official afl apology like the saints got

Reactions: 4 users
Not giving up.

Just saying GWS were the better team tonight. Come October who knows who will be the better team....... Richmond I Hope!
Gws won tonight, but we looked more like winning big than they did. We missed shots in the second that would have sealed it.
They are going ok, so are we.

Giants beat Tigers with half a seconds team...nothing to sing about. Badly needed Prestia, Edwards, Cotch to get it away from the packs.

I agree and chances are with our full side, we would've won tonight.
But at the same time, this an opportunity to test depth and put games into younger players.
Sadly the era of Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt is in its twilight.

The forward line isn’t working at all.

How often are Riewoldt & Lynch trying to out mark two or three opponents? And even if they bring the ball to ground our smalls can’t feed off the spoils because the opposition are all over it and swarming our ‘swarmers’.

So many bombs, hoping for a sensational mark or a magical crumb in congestion that looks like FED square during a summer festival.

I’m not even sure that I can blame the mids doing the bombing; what are they supposed to do when the forward 50 is a town square?

I think the forward architecture requires redesigning altogether; it’snot working at all.

And dam Toby Greene.

We smashed them everywhere from time in possession, inside 50’s. The stats that matter.

No I don't believe we won time in possession. We lost that, disposals, tackles, marks, clearances, contested posses, disposal efficiency, 1%ers. We won inside 50s but what's the point if you just bomb it in? There's only 1 stat that matters in the end, the final score.

We wasted opportunities but let them score too easily on their entries as well. The opposition game plan is pretty consistent now against the Tigers. Stack our forward line and slingshot the other way.

I agree and chances are with our full side, we would've won tonight.
But at the same time, this an opportunity to test depth and put games into younger players.
Sadly the era of Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt is in its twilight.

Dusty still has plenty, the other two im not so sure about.

Concur & as our B team did themselves proud tonight. Not knocking Naish but how Dimma selected him instead of Stack in such & important game is beyond me.
Agree. That was a big one. Reckon you add Stack into the team instead of Naish and his class could have been the difference.

I called it from the start the one big question mark on Naish is his attack on the footy which is bordering on zero.

I do not care if he's only played a few games it's either in you or it isn't. must go out, we played one player down.
Ross or stack should've played, heck even Marcov.

Rioli did some ok things late but most of the game was a passenger.
Graham diabolical, Pickett was also poor.

The funny thing here is we still should've won, 14 more inside 50's, more scoring shots.
Too many easy shots missed at goal, 6 goals 14 wow!

You just would like to see desperation from the young guys. Naish and Egg are soft outside players. Be surprised if Naish gets another game

Disagree with Egg, showed last week what he can do. Naish I'm not sold on, l think lack of hardness will always be his issue and therefore you need to be exceptionally skilled to counter that