Game Day Tigers v Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers v Lions

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
The bookies have wound the Bears into favourites. What am I missing?
I suspect it's more about what we're missing, @spook

Astbury, Edwards, Ellis, Houli, Prestia, Nankervis, Rioli, Caddy and Graham all out from the side that beat them in the QF.

The replacements are Balta, DES, McIntosh, Stack, Pickett, Aarts, Chol, Higgins and Ross.

The Lions' notable outs are Hodge, Rich, Adams, Christensen, McStay and Martin.

On paper, things swing their way. And even though the game is at Carrara and not the Gabba, it's still effectively their home game.

I trust Richmond but I can see why the punters are less certain.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Cracking Queensland winters day.

Early morning cloud breaking up as we speak.

Should be a great night for football.

Damm it.
I was hoping for storms and heavy rain. With a chance of a cyclone

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I suspect it's more about what we're missing, @spook

Astbury, Edwards, Ellis, Houli, Prestia, Nankervis, Rioli, Caddy and Graham all out from the side that beat them in the QF.

The replacements are Balta, DES, McIntosh, Stack, Pickett, Aarts, Chol, Higgins and Ross.

The Lions' notable outs are Hodge, Rich, Adams, Christensen, McStay and Martin.

On paper, things swing their way. And even though the game is at Carrara and not the Gabba, it's still effectively their home game.

I trust Richmond but I can see why the punters are less certain.

its a well made point.

But of our outs, I'd only consider Prestia, sheds and Houli are stars,

and I think Pickett is a star and Balta is a rising star

Hodge and Rich were probably their 2 best in the Q final.

So yep, I think you are right on the bookies thinking,

but their thinking is flawed.

further, we will know unequivocally who was right in about 10 hours time

Reactions: 3 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
But of our outs, I'd only consider Prestia, sheds and Houli are stars,
Yep. Notably Prestia and Edwards (along with a certain D Martin with an outrageous six-goal haul) were in our best on QF night.

I think Bolton on current form probably covers for Sheds but reckon we need Ross to step up and continue his second-half form from last week to make sure we aren't bullied around the clearances. Balta is admirably covering Astbury, Aarts is keeping Rioli out of the side and McIntosh is going a great job filling Caddy's role.

I feel Rich is a big out for them, and the loss of McStay should mean we dominate the air in their F50.

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Need to hit them hard. Especially get into ‘no neck’ their heart and soul player.

They have a high level of confidence. Let’s shake that tonight.

Reactions: 1 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Nah, Grimes can "accidentally and clumsily" inflict some more damage as he falls on him after a Marlion express train from Flinders St bump.

I remember going in to the 2017 finals campaign talking to a friend of mine about grimes. She said: "Grimes is either really clumsy or his an absolute *smile*". Thought it was hilarious, cos clumsy he aint.

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Damm it.
I was hoping for storms and heavy rain. With a chance of a cyclone

Come to Melbourne, last I looked at the BOM app it was 8, feels like 2.9. Bleak!

It certainly has come around quick, I forgot to put my tips in before last night's game, would have got it wrong anyway but still.

If we can win this then we really send a message to everyone else.

Go Tiges.

DS

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Another sublime Qld winters day up here. Couple more hours of work and will then head home, pick up the gear (and the Mrs) and head down the coast (hopefully avoiding as much traffic as possible).

After the Norf and Dogs games were won comfortably, I'm expecting a closer affair tonight. They are favourites with the bookies. It's their game to lose. Just as we like it. If we bring the pressure, I expect they will crumble. If we don't they will win. Pretty easy equation.

My voice has only just repaired since last week's game. These short turnarounds are tough to manage. But I won't be holding back come 7pm tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Come to Melbourne, last I looked at the BOM app it was 8, feels like 2.9. Bleak!

It certainly has come around quick, I forgot to put my tips in before last night's game, would have got it wrong anyway but still.

If we can win this then we really send a message to everyone else.

Go Tiges.

DS
Only 7 here in Shepparton as well, and feels like 4. Very cold wind.

Looking forward to tonight's game.

If we play as we have done in the last two games we are a very good chance.

If we go back to the previous game plan of long kicks to anyone, goodnight nurse.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
A good win tonight is a massive shot across the bows of the rest of the competition.
Go Tiges!!!!!!

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
They have never played against Pickett, Stack or Balta.

Get ready for the shock and awe - they won’t know what hit them.

With the lions having some of their talks out negates us not having Astbury.

A fresh Vlas is the perfect inclusion for us.

I reckon the 2 day shorter break for them means we should run them ragged in the second half - bit like the QF - is my prediction. Just need to minimise any damage from their initial onslaught which I can see happening. They will come out firing.

tigs by 5 goals plus

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
I remember going in to the 2017 finals campaign talking to a friend of mine about grimes. She said: "Grimes is either really clumsy or his an absolute *smile*". Thought it was hilarious, cos clumsy he aint.
That is extremely accurate.

In a decade, when your admiring the bronze statues at the G of Grimes, Cotch, Dusty, George, Nank, Stacky, Shai, Broady, Vlastuin, Lynch and Jack...have a close look at Grimes' elbows.

They will be sharper than all the others. And that won't be an accident.

He's also the best in the league at faking disappointment when he takes the ball over the boundary line. Pure genius. I adore this bloke.