Game Day - Tiges V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tiges V Eagles

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Personally never thought we'd win this given our outs so got really excited at quarter time. The odds pregame were way, way off.

Sure WCE are a fiasco but missing Ross/Taranto/Hopper from the midfield meant we didn't have an inside engine given the development status of the others, plus no effective talls up front. Lefau surprised me in this regard in a good way.

Not concerned by this result at all - no finals so this is a development year with draft picks to look forward to.

Reactions: 12 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Without your first rotation midfield available coaching won't make much of a difference
Yep, and first rotation key forwards and first rotation key backs. Only first rotation we have left are wingmen and we wish they would be dropped.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
Mate, he's also built like a twig. Just another kid with a body that needs to build up a lot more over 2/3 more pre-seasons. The likes of Kelly and Yeo would have steamrolled him.
This is where we are at now.
If we had Taranto and Hopper then that takes the heat off the young guys to match it physically against the likes of kelly and Yeo.

Yes yesterday was very disappointing, but im not wiping the previous 4 weeks of positives bc of one very bad performance, especially being as undermanned as we were

Reactions: 5 users

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
I think he started on the wing then when Shortie went off he replaced inthe backline
Yeah he did... and when they moved Hugo from wing to half back, they moved Sonsie from half-forward to wing... which impacted ability to transition the footy from the backline as neither Hugo or Sonsie are strong with contested footy... they do best when others put them into space... so that Hugo can use his wheels and Sonsie can use his skills.... so losing Shorty wasn't ideal. Tresize would have been handy to fill some of those holes... it's not just the injuries to senior players impacting.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
If we had Taranto and Hopper then that takes the heat off the young guys to match it physically against the likes of kelly and Yeo.

Yes yesterday was very disappointing, but im not wiping the previous 4 weeks of positives bc of one very bad performance, especially being as undermanned as we were
Agree with all that: my reply to Red was just saying that Tresize was probably not going to help us much in the centre if he was even available. Yes, we needed Taranto and Hopper.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Ginbey looks like Sid Vicious
There's a bit of Viciousness about him too; doesn't mind some aggro.
Nor does Harley Reid, who alreedy has the umpires for friends when he does his 'Ginnivan' moves.

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
You must be thinking of someone else Kings of Leon. Trezise is 188cm and must be at least 86-88kg. I suspect more given his shape after the pre season.
Tall enough but still pretty light from what greets the eye. We can't check their weight any more of course, since it may induce a mental breakdown. Reckon he looks about 84/85.

Yeo is 189cm and probably 90kgs or more. But it's worth a thought to try him sometime but looks more like a tall flanker to me; handy overhead. Trouble is your quality mids need those fast-twitch muscles. Can't react fast enough otherwise.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
It’s because our batch of young players are mostly small bodied
You don't need to remind me! I have been going on about this defect of our drafting for the last few years. Or you can go back to picking Fiora ahead of Pavlich (must be why he despises us so much going on his nauseating, biased commentary yesterday).

'Too many flankers and midgets' has been my refrain. I'm so glad Clarke has gone after his recent failures to address our greatest needs in big-bodied mids or KPF. We may not have been in position to get A graders but there were some useful types overlooked that could have avoided the lurch at Kosi and Hopper as well as TT.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
got absolutely smashed in the stoppages., which is really worrying when you consider that WC are poor in that area

Screenshot 2024-04-15 140004.png

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
yet just 2 weeks ago we beat the Swans in these areas. Reckon our injuries have a little bit to do with these numbers...

Reactions: 5 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
anybody got a spare pair of boots ? (size 12 )

Yze texted me and said get down to training
In my day I was a low possession straight kicking full forward... but that was 50 years ago. Osteo pubis put an early end to it all. (never hear of it now) Good knees and hamstrings though so that gives me an outside chance of selection if this keeps going. Just have to find the old Jenkins... they're around somewhere. Can you fit into size 11, Chook with 2 es?

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
got absolutely smashed in the stoppages., which is really worrying when you consider that WC are poor in that area

View attachment 22476
Could be a by product of younger midfield getting bashed around by bigger bodies in Yeo, Kelly and Reid.
Also with younger mids like Dow, McAuliffe etc so early in their careers form seems to swing around violently week to week.
Can have a good week then up against diff mids/bigger bodies they get smashed.
We have to take the good with the bad.
The games they are getting now (hopefully) will reap benefits later this year and way beyond.

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Watched the game quite unemotional about the result. Was purely looking for positives, and what kids can be a part of our next run at it. And in that regard, it was a tough watch. Not a great day.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
What was with the over the top laughing and carry on by Reid, looked a bit forced and fake 'look how much I love playing in WA'

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The bye has come at the right time - most tiger fans couldn't give a stuff about the next game.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Personally never thought we'd win this given our outs so got really excited at quarter time. The odds pregame were way, way off.

Sure WCE are a fiasco but missing Ross/Taranto/Hopper from the midfield meant we didn't have an inside engine given the development status of the others, plus no effective talls up front. Lefau surprised me in this regard in a good way.

Not concerned by this result at all - no finals so this is a development year with draft picks to look forward to.