Game Day Tiges v Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tiges v Port

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
The thing that might beat us is the travel, any idea on what time the flight left? When teams were traveling out of Bris to play it Sydney it was a 4.30am flight. I imagine with travel time and the time of game it will be similar.
I recall another team saying they didn't mind the in and out same day flight from Queensland..leave fly rest prepare play and head home.
Remember it is only a generation ago that the "long trip to Corio" was considered to be a disadvantage to Melb teams.

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Port’s backline is very tall. Will be looking for small quick players to expose this. Also I would be pushing Caddy forward through the game to do some crash and bash, so they don’t get cheap third man up marks.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Not sure our players can get aroused for this game without the locker room pinchy pinch ;)

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I recall another team saying they didn't mind the in and out same day flight from Queensland..leave fly rest prepare play and head home.
Remember it is only a generation ago that the "long trip to Corio" was considered to be a disadvantage to Melb teams.

I heard on one of the news services report that we're sharing a flight back to Qld on Sunday with "Adelaide ".... I imagine he meant Port... Anyway, uncomfortable silence on one side of the aisle I'm tipping!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We reminded everyone that brisbane have a long way to go. Time do do the same about port.

Reactions: 6 users

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
I'm calling it now – the band of brothers are re-forming and will showcase their latest hits today.

Pickett and Stack gradually improved to join Bolton.

Now it's Rioli's turn to go up a level and take his rightful place.

And if Chol wants to be the fifth Beatle, I'm happy with that, too.

• Love

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
If we lose today I'm putting it down to not wanting to sing the club song in front of the cameras

• Haha

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Hmmm, just about every recent game the opposition have received at least 2 x free kicks in the 1st couple minutes.
Can't see much changing at a game in Adelaide, we need to beat the Power and the Umpires.

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Port look like they’re shortening in the betting market which may be as a result of the off field rubbish the media have been circle jerking to. C’mon Tigers, let’s put them all back their place.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Port look like they’re shortening in the betting market which may be as a result of the off field rubbish the media have been circle jerking to. C’mon Tigers, let’s put them all back their place.

Richmond drifted significantly in the 24 hours before the game against Brisbane as well.