Game Day Tiges v Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tiges v Port

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I heard on one of the news services report that we're sharing a flight back to Qld on Sunday with "Adelaide ".... I imagine he meant Port... Anyway, uncomfortable silence on one side of the aisle I'm tipping!
As long as we have an aisle seat on the plane for the 2017 Cup. Business class.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I think we should win but won’t be the end of the world if we don’t. We still have a stack of our best 22 missing (7 or 8?) and I believe Port have few injuries and are basically at full strength. If they can’t beat us now they never will.

We just need to finish in the top 4 and get the double chance. If we have close to our best squad available I’m confident we can beat anyone in the finals; especially in QLD. If West Coast get to play finals in Perth they’re our biggest danger. They grow another leg over there.

My only concern is that the draw against Scumwood and loss against Giants, both games we should have won, have left us a little exposed as far as top 4 goes. If we win every game it’s not an issue but they way this season is going that’s unlikely. We can probably drop one game, maybe two, and still make top 4.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Port’s backline is very tall. Will be looking for small quick players to expose this. Also I would be pushing Caddy forward through the game to do some crash and bash, so they don’t get cheap third man up marks.
Wouldn't mind seeing that either, but with Captain courageous not playing, I'm thinking that Fish might go into the midfield with Caddy on the wing.

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
The thing that might beat us is the travel, any idea on what time the flight left? When teams were traveling out of Bris to play it Sydney it was a 4.30am flight. I imagine with travel time and the time of game it will be similar.

That to and 7 premiership players out to.

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I don't rate Port I think there flat track bullies and crack when the heat is on.Saints did it to them.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Port’s backline is very tall. Will be looking for small quick players to expose this. Also I would be pushing Caddy forward through the game to do some crash and bash, so they don’t get cheap third man up marks.

Ports backline isn't that tall. They have a lot of mid sizers down there but only 2 players over 190. I think they will look to roll Lycett back there any chance they get to match up and take intercept marks.

We won't want our smalls to be competing much above their heads though, but we should be quicker if we can get the ball to ground and get George, Rioli , Aarts into the game.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Ports backline isn't that tall. They have a lot of mid sizers down there but only 2 players over 190. I think they will look to roll Lycett back there any chance they get to match up and take intercept marks.

We won't want our smalls to be competing much above their heads though, but we should be quicker if we can get the ball to ground and get George, Rioli , Aarts into the game.

First three players named in their team on AFL app all over 190cm’s. And Jonas plays tall. I must admit surprise in seeing that he is 188cm.

100% agree that we want to bring the ball to ground so that we can hopefully expose their leg speed. A couple of the boys need to prove why we kept them over Butler.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
First three players named in their team on AFL app all over 190cm’s. And Jonas plays tall. I must admit surprise in seeing that he is 188cm.

100% agree that we want to bring the ball to ground so that we can hopefully expose their leg speed. A couple of the boys need to prove why we kept them over Butler.

Ok missed Mckenzie at 191 but he's hardly a contested beast. Their 3 tallest defenders are shorter than ours so they aren't that tall. They will still roll Lycett back there for that reason. If Jack and Lynch can get their 2 opponents 1 on 1 I reckon they'll be licking their lips.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I don't rate Port I think there flat track bullies and crack when the heat is on.Saints did it to them.
Yep, they might win today but I’ll bet Mabiors left knacker that they’ll fail in September.