GAME DAY - TIGES V SAINTS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - TIGES V SAINTS

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
Following Dimma's press conference, can someone enlighten me on the exact nature of the role he described for Daniel Rioli? He referred to it as mentally draining and not requiring high possessions or many goals.

Is his role to mainly run, chase, tackle as a defensive forward, then switch to attack when we have the pill? If so, is that any different to the roles played by Castagna, Aarts or Bolton (when forward)?

Is Rioli's role unique within the team?

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Feeling uneasy about tonight. Saints can play a quick attacking style that could catch us out. They hit their straps last week. Worried we may have one of those 10+ goal wake up calls that we tend to have early in most years.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It is hard to judge last week but it seems like we had more intent.
We lacked intent and a spark in the first few weeks. Even the first 2 rounds were pretty lack lustre.
I get that premierships are not won in April but if we play like we did in rounds 1-3 we will lose.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
They are all KAOS agents. George is Starker. Aarts is Simon the Likeable. Bolton is the Groovy Guru and Rioli is Siegfried.

Rioli is the leader.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We lacked intent and a spark in the first few weeks. Even the first 2 rounds were pretty lack lustre.
I get that premierships are not won in April but if we play like we did in rounds 1-3 we will lose.
Agree. I think an effort like last week will get us home; as long as we are more efficient in our forward line.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
They are all KAOS agents. George is Starker. Aarts is Simon the Likeable. Bolton is the Groovy Guru and Rioli is Siegfried.

Rioli is the leader.
Dunno, I just can’t imagine Rioli shouting at George: Zis is Richmond! Ve do not miss set shots here!

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Dunno, I just can’t imagine Rioli shouting at George: Zis is Richmond! Ve do not miss set shots here!
If he was going to shout that at George every time he missed Danny would have a very sore throat! :cool:

Reactions: 1 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Tigers WILL be fired up tonight l expect a hard attack on ball & player.
No prisoners today ..

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
So many teams have finally learnt to play our game-style, or elements of it. Saints huge comeback win was all on the back of turning around their pressure and playing our way. Led by, guess who?
Butler was the catalyst. Higgins will want to get in on the act tonight after giving them all our inside info. But they were impressive in swamping and belting the Weagles so expecting a really tough one.

We had some mewbies last week and the match was too hot for them although Mansell lucky. Would have liked to throw CCJ in as another forward threat and ruck back-up. We keep expecting Nank to carry such a heavy load, and I really don't like running our KPDs in the ruck - not that they aren't doing a good job. But gives King or Membrey a chance to get off the leash.

Want to see Astbury take King mostly and Balta on Membrey mostly as he gets up the ground and is a good mobile mark. If Noah takes him, doubt he'll kick more than 1/2.

Tigers by 8pts in another fast, ferocious match. Time for Tom Lynch to get back on track.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I agree Leon, need a second ruck, and not taking a ruck away from defence. Don't want to wear out Nank.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Following Dimma's press conference, can someone enlighten me on the exact nature of the role he described for Daniel Rioli? He referred to it as mentally draining and not requiring high possessions or many goals.

Is his role to mainly run, chase, tackle as a defensive forward, then switch to attack when we have the pill? If so, is that any different to the roles played by Castagna, Aarts or Bolton (when forward)?

Is Rioli's role unique within the team?

was talking about this at length with snake today.

we agreed;

1. it was a delightful insight from Dimma
2. the mentally draining could be from concentration required to be where he has to be according to the process, run up when he's meant to run up and back when hes meant to run back, some of which may be counter-intuitive.
3. repeated top speed sprints followed by the unique Rioli clamps tackle would be physically draining. A Rioli leaves a bit of their soul in every tackle.
4. often the coach would say 'great game' and the punters would say 'drop him'. cognitive dissonance is draining
4. its a little bit esoteric, and
5. we love the mystery.

* two No.4s deliberate

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Tom Brown's sources tell him Marshall won't play tonight.

he was never going to.

I reckon in terms of the chasm between how good a blokes job is and how much he gets paid,

and his lack of ability,

Tom Browns chasm would be in the 95th percentile

Reactions: 2 users