GAME DAY - TIGES V SWANS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - TIGES V SWANS

Teams will now feel Sydney have given them the blueprint on how to beat us ,

Going to be an interesting few weeks ahead .

Reactions: 1 users

Reckon we were just off.
It happens.
We will be ok.

Reactions: 3 users

There was nothing innovative in it Kiwi. Run harder, tackle harder, hold more marks, move the ball clean and quick. The theory is basic, always has been, the execution is hard.

Reactions: 7 users
-2020: 2 early big losses. No genuine home ground advantage all season. One weird season.
Result: flag
Last year we had the virus disruption, the changed training conditions etc. Hardwick was off his game. Today, no excuse. The appetite wasn't there.

One game, bad as it was, maybe not the end of the world. But take today's game to Adelaide and we'll be properly embarrassed.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year we had the virus disruption, the changed training conditions etc. Hardwick was off his game. Today, no excuse. The appetite wasn't there.

One game, bad as it was, maybe not the end of the world. But take today's game to Adelaide and we'll be properly embarrassed.
I agree. Although port powerless seem to be getting pantsed at the moment. Early days

32' degrees. Today will be the hottest day ive ever watched us play under.
Apart from a Fitzroy Fosters Cup game back in the 80's at VFL park on a Sunday afternoon in early February.
Reckon that was Sunday morning. Only because I had use of the company "box" 4 seats with some waist height veneer partitions, bit like sitting in a crate, and pointless given the crowd. It was effn hot.

In the heat, you'd think the kids in their first pre-seasons will wilt faster than our hardened warriors.

The line is at ~30 points which is where we'll probably back off and coast. We're at a significant disadvantage against Port in 6 days and will want to save some petrol for that: Houli, Vlastuin and Ross in as fresh legs.
You'd think that but We ran up the white flag early. O well, five months to business end, so let's Bank the 0 points and move on. Throw the tape in the bin etc etc.

How lucky are the swans with the access to academy players. No other team has this access to so many players. We have egg.

He stayed down for a little while after marking inside 50 in the 4th quarter last week. Maybe he rolled it and was 50/50 to play so they thought sub was best for him and get a full game into the others.
Thought he got spoke in the eye of you are referring to his last shot of game. But maybe ankle earlier.

Priority one is becoming a better centre clearance team & give our forwards first look at it. Second priority is winning more contested ball. Third priority is making tackles stick.
Agree. Can I add - start to deliver some quality handball to the team-mates hands in front of their direction. Go back and have a look at how many sloppy HBs we put out. Somewhere in the vague vicinity of is just not good enough.

Reactions: 3 users
I will never make excuses for a loss, we were clearly outplayed by a very enthusiastic and aggressive Sydney side. But... to have so many players down in the same game is very un-modern-Richmond-like. Luckily its only April. Nothing to see here atm. Can't see too many more performances like this coming from this team this year.