GAME DAY - TIGES V SWANS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - TIGES V SWANS

Was at game. Said that to myself. Remember his best game was v North.
Yer, not much of a game but the opposition really exposed a lot of defects today. I think posters can ease up blaming it all on Egg, FWIW, and not that disposals alone indicate a poor effort, but Aarts, Bolton, Jack and Rioli all on 11 or less.

He wasn't the sole reason we got belted. Swans were too good for the team ... with some special assistants in green. The 10 extra FKs to them is equal to such a player.

Reactions: 1 users
Teams will now feel Sydney have given them the blueprint on how to beat us ,

Going to be an interesting few weeks ahead .
Collingwobbles did that 2 years go with the chip and mark game plan.
Found our weakness.
... 2 premierships later

Reactions: 3 users
We’re at our most vulnerable early in the season; no doubt. The signs were there against Carlton and Hawthorn. Both those sides are *smile* and we were unimpressive. Our forward 50 entries and play against Hawthorn were poor. Hawks not good enough to make us pay. Swans were.

That said I’m reticent to draw parallels between this year and the previous two. Last year we were in a COVID funk early. 2019 we had major injuries including Rance. Today we were comprehensively outplayed. Swans made us look old and slow. Our midfield was destroyed and backline all over the place. Can’t believe how loose we were inside Swans forward 50; how many marks did they take? Plus the Swans small forwards made our small backs look really slow.

Very disappointing game from us today. But it’s early and we have time to rectify. We had so many players who lowered their colours today. You’d think that won’t happen too often but we need to adjust to this new game style. We’ve gotta hit targets and improve our pace. We also have to improve our ball handling; can’t recall a more fumbly Richmond team.

But in saying that. Maybe chip and mark game plan works well with the current rules.
Man on the Mark is useless

Reactions: 1 user
We can't even blame on field injuries and playing Eggs as a passenger for that insipid performance since most of the team were disinterested today. Very disappointed with the attitude on the field

Hope Ross gets a crack with meatball out.
He is a gun.
Expecting a big response from us.

Don't think we should discount that these clubs have 4,+ weeks training on us. Our disposal even under no pressure has been poor. Today the same probably with additional pressure. Shorty doesn't turn the ball over like that when he's up and running

Caddy....surely his last game ...
I did thanked him for his services in the third quarter. His strength was the big body forwRd with a bit/ lot of Mongrel, and to take chances when Jack was tripled teamed etc, just think we have ruined him by trying to reinvent himover last two seasons . Haven't seen that mongrel in that time.

Watched the races after half time.
Have watched the replay of the 2nd half, gee we looked slow.
It's not panic stations yet, but I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of the young cubs given a go.

Reactions: 1 user
Backline had no chance. System was broken. Swans positioned extra players at half forward and always passed short, never bombed. Limited going wide. Our real failure was the midfield. Were slaughtered with pace and smarts and they moved it far too easily. Fumbles and poor disposal and missed tackles and lack of pressure and missed marks didnt help our cause.
Intercept marks all time low? Even very early in game I was thinking we weren't clean with ground ball possessions. Syney pressure?

I went today. Really *smile* performance, umpires absolutly shocking once again.
And Sydney spend 2 years struggling and then they wake up with Matthew Lloyd, Chris Judd and Luke Power.
Where the *smile* is our academy??
Do we have one? If not maybe an oversight in our otherwise faultless off field processes.

Watched the races after half time.
Have watched the replay of the 2nd half, gee we looked slow.
It's not panic stations yet, but I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of the young cubs given a go.

when a genius jockey finishes 4th on a favourite, he looks uncertain and his reflexes and courage desert him.

Richmond lose drastically.

its our way.

there is no way we are slow.

Dimma said it perfectly IMO .....

'sometimes you strike a side playing so well, they make you look dreadful, and theres nothing you can do' (paraphrased)

Agree. Can I add - start to deliver some quality handball to the team-mates hands in front of their direction. Go back and have a look at how many sloppy HBs we put out. Somewhere in the vague vicinity of is just not good enough.
Underground handballs were especially shocking