Game Day - Tiges V Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tiges V Swans

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
I was pleased to see that our guys still had run in their legs at the end - even if they were running on momentum and excitement.

And Sonsie may not have had many possessions, but he was often thereabouts (eg with MRJ at the death), and his smile and celebrations at big moments showed he’s all in. I look forward to his development.
Exactly! When Bolton ran inside 50 with seconds remaining and kicked to the goal square three Tigers were there waiting - Campbell, Sonsie and MRJ.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Coaches votes:
8. Vlastuin
8. Taranto
8. Bolton
4. Heeney
2. D. Rioli

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well, I managed to watch the game on Tuesday.

That was one hell of a win.

So many good things came out of the game.

The pressure was immense. That is not easy to keep up over 4 quarters and there were periods when it did drop. But, they brought it back. So good to see.

The structures. Richmond completely denied Sydney the ability to play their preferred game. You could even see it on TV, would have been way more obvious at the ground. Clogged up their preferred route to goal and forced them down the line, and don't they hate it. Excellent strategic moves there.

The youngsters: MRj, Campbell, Sonsie, Dow (wow, good to be able to include Dow), Brown et al because I know I have missed plenty. Very young team and prevailed over the form team of the comp.

Vlastuin was stellar. Does anyone read the ball coming in better than he does? Magnificent.

The injuries will be a big set back. Balta quiet today but, despite misgivings, I was liking the move to the forward line. Lynch, back to what we know he can do and now injured. Horrible situation.

Pickett was good, you have to take some stuff ups as part of his play. But, we clearly don't notice this so much with opposition players, but all players stuff up, especially under pressure or when tired.

Bolton was his usual mercurial self. You take the mistakes with the brilliance, has always been the case with players like Bolton. But, someone does need to school him on a better kicking action. How did he win the goal kicking at training, does he kick it different there? There needs to be some work put into this. But I'll take some turnovers when he is taking on the game, that is the price you pay.

Would have been there if not for Easter, now no game in Melbourne until ANZAC Eve. Didn't think I would miss much not going this week, buy was I wrong.

DS

Reactions: 5 users