Game Day - Tiges V Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tiges V Swans

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
A lot of fair-weather Tigers have jumped off the bandwagon, and it was obvious today.

There were a lot of (hilariously overconfident) Swans in that 45000, most of whom thought the ball was too skinny.

Throughout the dynasty, players would constantly reference the crowd, saying we were the 19th man.

Well, we're back down to 18 now.

All you Melbournians who chose to mow the lawn instead, get along to the game. Not to see a win, just to go to the footy. We did it for 37 years, just for the day, not for the season.

Save me from being a lone voice serving it to smug, mouthy Sydneysiders who were trying to work out whether a goal would be enough to overcome a 5 point margin.

And you might get to be part of the celebrations for a brilliant win, against the ladder leaders, where the kids stand up, abd the song is played loud.
Bit harsh… a few competing events, game 5 nbl final (I went to that instead with the bball mad young fella), melb victory, Easter etc… all at the same time slot

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
They were both gassed. Bolton covered a huge amount of ground in the last, very tired kick

Kick into space to 3 Richmond players to 1 Sydney player, that should be a goal 99% of the time.
Shai by the way the most metres gained by either side 692m and 100m better that our next best in Tim Taranto, then a further 100m back is Bake's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
A lot of fair-weather Tigers have jumped off the bandwagon, and it was obvious today.

There were a lot of (hilariously overconfident) Swans in that 45000, most of whom thought the ball was too skinny.

Throughout the dynasty, players would constantly reference the crowd, saying we were the 19th man.

All you Melbournians who chose to mow the lawn instead, get along to the game. Not to see a win, just to go to the footy. We did it for 37 years, just for the day, not for the season.

Save me from being a lone voice serving it to smug, mouthy Sydneysiders who were trying to work out whether a goal would be enough to overcome a 5 point margin.

And you might get to be part of the celebrations for a brilliant win, against the ladder leaders, where the kids stand up, abd the song is played loud.
I was surrounded by them top level southern stand.
We were out numbered but we were loud.
Sydney supporters forget they have been to a game 10 minutes after they leave.
Fken toffee apples. Where was fken Heeney and that headless goose The Lizard??

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

uhuh uhuh

Ruthless and Relentless
Mar 24, 2006
Melbourne

I went to the game.

Easter Sunday never gets big crowds
You have to factor in people going away and people visiting grandma for Easter Sunday lunch

Last edited:

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014
If it’s been mentioned in this thread - then my apologies to the posters. What I could not believe was the total 180 degrees between watching the team play last week and this week. This week, we ran, we tackled, we hit, we actually got some passes to team mates happening, we kept with them in the centre. Sure the occasional brain fades and stuff ups occurred as the occasional perplexing adjudication, but what a difference a week makes. Yesterday sitting watching the team play, I thought where was this last week. Yes we had a few changes, but effort is not predicated on football genes, but by putting in. Yesterday we had a team putting in and the result was a win. Kudos to them and hope this is a sign of what we can expect going forward. Win or lose, if they keep bringing that effort, it will be exciting to watch. Oh and by the way - Imperious performance by Vlas. Time after time he marshalled the defense and put himself where the ball was going. Great intercept marks. How this guy does not get the credits he deserves from the media is beyond me.

Reactions: 9 users
Feb 25, 2007

Sorry mate. It doesn't matter whether it is Collinfgowod or Richmond or Carlton/Essendon fans depending on the game, time slot and being zero and 3 can drop of.

Overall 45, 000 is a strong crowd at 4 pm easter Sunday. 35,000 tigers and 10,000 swans. Those 10K swans were hilarious overly confident and so many who dont know the rules. Couldnt understand the front-on tackle should've been a free to us. Deliberate out of bounds should've been a free. Deliberately handballing into the behinds they thought that was fine lol So many times we tackled them with incorrect disposal and they thought didn't have time i said incorrect disposal and all had the chance to dispose of the ball legally but didn't.

It was fabulous beating the AFL's love child, from freebie academy picks, previous cola and so on.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The great news is Swans have beaten Demons, Pies and Bombers so we can lock those in as future wins.