Game day V GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day V GWS

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
yeah it looked like lairising too me, but I wonder if GWS upped the pressure and turned the globetrotting into liaising?

I suspect that's what happened, and if so,

you're right, we need to be able to switch into grunt mode when that happens.

which I suppose we did, cause we won by 5 goals?
From my under the southern stand standing room perspective it was a very commendable performance. 90 points again compared to under roof score 5km away tick
We can't keep saying every team we beat is not a benchmark when they were above us.
Grimes left his fumbling on the Gold Coast, Dave showed why we need him.
Houli Ellis just kept getting it and heading in our direction
Bolton must have gained another dose of confidence. Chol too looking like he belongs.
Lynch in the air but also making second ground level efforts which weren't apparent early in season. He is brutally strong, rag dolled Davis who I rate as elite.
Lambert is close to being elite if not already.
Clearances can always improve
And on the rebound we did make half a dozen poor decisions...eg a couple of times once the ball crossed the F50 the carrier went in board when there were runners free on the boundary side who could have taken ball to as close as 20 ...or just the extra handball when a kick seemed the better option.
Egg probably needs to go back down...but recall Bolton has benefited from a taste and then doing the Gard yards in the twos.

Our best 22 is now 17-18 locks and then 5 or 4 inform players from up to 10 AFL capable ones.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
yeah it looked like lairising too me, but I wonder if GWS upped the pressure and turned the globetrotting into liaising?

I suspect that's what happened, and if so,

you're right, we need to be able to switch into grunt mode when that happens.

which I suppose we did, cause we won by 5 goals?
And I should have mentioned the wind was pretty strong and was a factor ...Cotch won toss and went to city end. Giants had it q2.
All the blastic ponchos were billowing towards that end as the squalls hit. It can be all over the place at the G but definitely prevailing was city end.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Hearld sun gave 3 votes to whitfield. WTF
Seriously lambert Bolton Lynch and Prestia were more influential in the result then him.
I cant remember the last time one of our players got 3votes in a 5 goal loss
Absolute *smile*
Couldn't believe that either. I read it 3 times to be sure I wasn't seeing things. Who TF is Gilbert Gardiner??

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Whinfield was playing well untill Broad went onto him

Yes he played well. I dont even think he was the GWS player.
That meatball that kicked there first goal was good.
Cameron and Greene were good too.
Not sure how Whitfield got 3 votes

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Whitfield and Vlastuin played loose at each end. They each made a similar impact on the game. Vlastuin wasn’t even in our best 3. Lambert and Bolton were both super and Lynch played his best game for us yet.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Seriously lambert Bolton Lynch and Prestia were more influential in the result then him.
Absolute *smile*
That bloke also put Cotchin in the best and left Astbury out so he may have been in a Corporate box yesterday.

:p

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Broad did run with him for a little bit and did pretty well and was obviously the only shutdown type playing that had the tank to run with him.

Obviously others could ie Bobble or Lambo but they are also offensive players and the coaching staff obviously didnt want to lose that facet as they were both playing well Lambo and Bobble.

Has done that role well when thrown at him before has Broad, he isnt a star and makes errors here and there but he can be used in so many ways which is why he is a key component of the side. Sticks to the task he is given for the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Lets not get too carried away.
We have beaten a Vfl side in stkilda, a under 18's side in GC and a GWS side without properly their best 4 players kelly Congilio, Ward & Deledio.
We still lost the contested ball without them in their side.
The Collingwood game is the game which will tell us if we are able to combat the high ball, the running power of Treloar & Sidebottom and the brut strength of Degoey.

For me theyre still the best side in the comp

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
not much love between Lids and most of them.. he wasn't a nice bloke before leaving..
I noticed no one seemed to linger and chat to lids after the game either. Cotch looked like he brushed him off. Not giving much to gws. Genius trade.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Couldn't believe that either. I read it 3 times to be sure I wasn't seeing things. Who TF is Gilbert Gardiner??

Whitfield didnt get a single coaches vote.

Lambert 9
Lynch 9
Greene 5
Bolton 5
Astbury 1
Ellis 1.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Absolute *smile*

Dimma rang me and asked me to put in this weeks coaches votes:D

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Whitfield is an amazing runner ...

Broady apparantly spewed a number of times yesterday whilst running with him there was a picture of it, and hes one of the better runners for the Tiges with obviously Lambo ,Bobble, and K Mac.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Thought we were really poor without the ball. Gave up the corridor too easily. Let the switch kick play on far too easily.

We started our press really deep maybe that was the plan to give up the forward press, let GWS bring it to midfield, park the bus and counter attack with pace. I hope this was the plan cause if it wasn’t I’m worried.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
RICHMOND v GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY...... coaches votes!
9 Kane Lambert (RICH)
9 Tom Lynch (RICH)
5 Toby Greene (GWS)
5 Shai Bolton (RICH)
1 David Astbury (RICH)
1 Brandon Ellis (RICH)

*Old mate Gilbert ain't much of a judge;)

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
RICHMOND v GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY...... coaches votes!
9 Kane Lambert (RICH)
9 Tom Lynch (RICH)
5 Toby Greene (GWS)
5 Shai Bolton (RICH)
1 David Astbury (RICH)
1 Brandon Ellis (RICH)

*Old mate Gilbert ain't much of a judge;)
Wondering if Gilbert actually watched the game.