GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
So, are Port going to unveil their grand final jersey soon?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
one thought rolling around my head is: we schooled them last night.

it was intense, close, etc, but we are like a sponge. soak it up, wring it out.
they talk about our system, and there is one, but its flexibility is its strength. 28-9 clearances 2nd half !
i have never seen a team like this. they're a joy to watch.

Reactions: 11 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Was too nervous to be on last night. Watching replay now. Was rocking back n forth in chair last night the final 4 mins.
One thing i loved last night was the loud crowd noise . Miss it so much. Well done SA crowd imo.

To win last night was so sweet.

I hope we meet Brisbane in GF and win.

The theme for the finals series......

PAYBACK.

We lost to Saints last time, Payback in the finals. We won.

We lost to Port last time, Payback in the finals. We won.

What i hope to do is add Brisbane to this. Hope they beat Geel

Go Tiges for back to back
That’s what most of us want.

Redemption.
A chance if it’s Brisbane on THEIR home ground.

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone else notice Gill sitting with Koshie at the game?
He also sat with Fat Ed for their game as well.

Can someoen please tell Peggy and Gale if he wants to sit with them grand final day, say no.
He's a bad luck charm

Reactions: 8 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Given the limited travel going on between States, I was expecting there would be virtually no Tigers support at the ground last night. Sure, it was less than we have come to expect in more recent years of such easy travel. But there were still some decent blocks of yellow and black in the crowd.

I’m assuming most of this would have been SA based Richmond support?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I don't get the paying trips against instead of HTB for a tackle that may have taken the guy to the ground anyway. It's only just started happening in the last few weeks. I think it must be some new interpretation cooked up by the AFL.
Brought in just in time for the finals to penalise us further because we are a great tackling side? I saw it not penalised, when a legit tackle slipped down, many times during H&A games.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The fact that we have made a grand final after more than 100 days in the hub, just a couple of games all year on our home ground and a massive injury list is a simply amazing effort by this team. They did it by winning a prelim in the most hostile environment you can imagine.
No matter what happens next week the achievement is monumental.
What a team

It's funny isn't it, the media couldn't lap it up more when Pies beat West Coast. Best finals win ever having to play Eagles at their home ground with a hostile crowd. Eagles finished 5th on the ladder. We do the same against Port and nothing.

Port are a bloody good side, I thought what we did tonight was amazing in an extremely contested game in the wet. I do hope tonight's game is as bruising as ours.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Can someoen please tell Peggy and Gale if he wants to sit with them grand final day, say no.
He's a bad luck charm
Of course he did, both Eddie and Kosh are sucks.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

He's a bad luck charm
Maybe Gil thinks that he is just keeping the seat warm for Benny ?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I also want to say to all the salty Port flogs on social media who have been going off at our club all week, at lynch and to top it off blaming the umpires tonight for supposedly helping Richmond win.
Port played on their HOME ground, they played in front of their HOME fans and won the free-kick count.
Port had all the advantages to win but they lost to a BETTER TEAM that's it, no excuses the better team won in a hard-fought out game.
I thought overall the umpiring was good but they did their best to hand Port the win at the end. We were 16=15 up for frees, can't remember if that was 3/4 time. Port ended up winning 24 to 19.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Lynch was consoling a young Port supporter who was crying after the game. YEAH, Telling him to barrack for Richmond next time!!!
Yeah. Man up you little....
Having read around a few neutral boards, oppo supporters were against us by a factor of 10:1. Then whinged the whole game about how we always get the umpires, stage for frees, do dirty stuff and play an unattractive brand of football.

The media really have done a proper hatchet job on us.
I think those supporter's teams should start wearing ballerina costumes, no offence to the tougher ballerina dancers out there.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It's funny isn't it, the media couldn't lap it up more when Pies beat West Coast. Best finals win ever having to play Eagles at their home ground with a hostile crowd. Eagles finished 5th on the ladder. We do the same against Port and nothing.

Port are a bloody good side, I thought what we did tonight was amazing in an extremely contested game in the wet. I do hope tonight's game is as bruising as ours.
Comes with the territory. Tall poppy syndrome is alive and well.

Reactions: 1 users