Geelong v Richmond - Rd1 Sun 28 August 20222 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Geelong v Richmond - Rd1 Sun 28 August 20222

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just saw a few minutes of Bris v Freo on the TV at a fish and chip shop - far less scrappy and much better skills. I think there was possibly more pressure in our game v Geelong, but it was scrappy. Too many dropped marks, handpasses of any length were very inaccurate. Work to do for both teams.

Copy of the rule book for the umps too.

DS

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think the really disappointing thing about this one, and yeah it’s only the first game of the season, but we don’t look to have improved at all in any area.

OldTiger1967

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 3, 2017
Peeved the result came from a poor umpire decision. A sling tackle against the Tigers free in the last minute of the game and then paid up field to put the Cats player within distance of the goals.

Sling tackles occurred all day and only 2 were paid as free kicks.

Umpires are ruining the women's game just as they do in the men's game. But it's not all their fault - having to adjudicate the new rules leaves it open to interpretation and with multiple umpires those interpretations always differ.

It is just sad how far our great game has changed........

Reactions: 4 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Good standard, it was engaging
Why didn’t Jess Hosking play?
Her sister did
Are you serious it was a good standard? Skills in the game looked like they had regressed to Year 1. Couldnt stand to watch most of it.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
They should cite Kearns for launching once she was tackled, this is absurd.

That said, the AFL will likely fine or suspend Lynch.

DS
i saw this and Kearns definitely launches ..

even the amateur commentators were saying it ..

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I think the really disappointing thing about this one, and yeah it’s only the first game of the season, but we don’t look to have improved at all in any area.
Yeah i think you are right. I was bullish but in hindsight we beat Hawthorn who may be terrible and Freo who have lost quality players in the praccy matches. Molan and perhaps Reid selections will haunt.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Are you serious it was a good standard? Skills in the game looked like they had regressed to Year 1. Couldnt stand to watch most of it.
My wife said that women are not built suitably for contact sport.
If women want to play footy in the AFL, good on them, but as a spectator sport it does not excite or tick the right boxes.
The "skill" at ground level is very poor and have to admit we turned the game off after 1/2 time.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
After not having the slightest interest in AFLW – and with no other sport on TV yesterday - I found myself watching yesterdays game. and I was pretty bloody salty at the end result. So that tells me something about myself.

3 things I learnt:
1. While the quality is still pretty woeful, they do go hard and aggressive, don’t they?
2. The umpires destroy the womens team as badly as the mens.
3. There is little doubt the women also have the “Richmondy” DNA in them. How the F did they lose that???

Reactions: 1 user