Gillon !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gillon !!

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Just announced by Gil AFL Round 5 Festival at Adelaide is to called The Gather Round. How ingenious is that. Gil time to moove on big time. Gil & take the lot at AFL HQ with ya.
Might have been more appropriate calling it the *smile* Around :cool:

6 - 8k expected at Mount Barker? Wow!

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
would have named it Reacher Round.

Leysy will let himself out.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
So it looks like Andrew Dillon will be McLachlan's heir to the throne.

Let's hope we don't go from Gill the Dill to Dill the Dill.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

So once again nothing changes, the inbreeding continues apace.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
With such a boring bunch of games it probably should have been called the "sleeper round".

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

It was obvious from the moment Gill announced he was stepping down all the way back in April that they would chose someone internal to replace him. No great surprise there.

What is surprising is how the whole process has unfolded since. In my view, things have no gone to plan behind the scenes. Maybe the headhunter they hired to put together a short list actually did their job properly and neither Dillon, Auld or anyone else within AFL HQ were on it. Maybe it’s something else entirely. We’ll have to wait for for Caro or some other so called sports journalist to enlighten us at some point in the future. Whatever the problem, the AFL will do what they do best and manage the outcome.

Gill stays on until round 5 next year. The anointed one, whoever that is, will take over as interim CEO and do such a spectacular job, at least according to media sycophants and “afl insiders” they’ll become the short priced favorite to succeed Gill permanently. The commission will then hire a new headhunter with a new brief who will put together a new shortlist which, surprise, surprise, has the interim CEO at the very top along with a couple of token names from club land.

The commission does their rigorous interview process involving psychological testing , aptitude testing, six rounds of interviews and a two hour presentation to the commission on the future of the game. Of course, only the token candidates from clubland will have to do this. The internal candidate will do their sole interview over a long-lunch at an overpriced restaurant where at least three bottles of Grange will be consumed.

Finally, after such a long and arduous process, the commission announce the successful candidate which is of course the internal candidate during grand final week. The media then do their part and write article after article saying how, in the end, they were the only choice and how difficult their task is but how they are totally up for the challenge and will stamp their mark on the game.

At least that’s how I think it will go.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It was obvious from the moment Gill announced he was stepping down all the way back in April that they would chose someone internal to replace him. No great surprise there.

What is surprising is how the whole process has unfolded since. In my view, things have no gone to plan behind the scenes. Maybe the headhunter they hired to put together a short list actually did their job properly and neither Dillon, Auld or anyone else within AFL HQ were on it. Maybe it’s something else entirely. We’ll have to wait for for Caro or some other so called sports journalist to enlighten us at some point in the future. Whatever the problem, the AFL will do what they do best and manage the outcome.

Gill stays on until round 5 next year. The anointed one, whoever that is, will take over as interim CEO and do such a spectacular job, at least according to media sycophants and “afl insiders” they’ll become the short priced favorite to succeed Gill permanently. The commission will then hire a new headhunter with a new brief who will put together a new shortlist which, surprise, surprise, has the interim CEO at the very top along with a couple of token names from club land.

The commission does their rigorous interview process involving psychological testing , aptitude testing, six rounds of interviews and a two hour presentation to the commission on the future of the game. Of course, only the token candidates from clubland will have to do this. The internal candidate will do their sole interview over a long-lunch at an overpriced restaurant where at least three bottles of Grange will be consumed.

Finally, after such a long and arduous process, the commission announce the successful candidate which is of course the internal candidate during grand final week. The media then do their part and write article after article saying how, in the end, they were the only choice and how difficult their task is but how they are totally up for the challenge and will stamp their mark on the game.

At least that’s how I think it will go.
Isn't it too obvious why Gill is leaving after the Magic Mushroom round? He wants a formal party to say goodbye. Bit like standing on the Queen's balcony with thousands waving candlelights at him....

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Have look at the hypocrisy and corruption of this organisation pathetic.

Go to the 47 second mark never seen a sport in the world where it's governing body expects the big clubs to support the other clubs financially yet Gill parades the record TV deal recently , it's your job to support the other clubs mind you didn't return the cash to supposedly for covid scumbags.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It’s not Benny, that’s all I care about.

We win.

Reactions: 2 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
how come no one is upset about Gather Round being played in AFLX format ?

I suppose you're all on the AFL HQ gravy train

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
1670824535270.png
he was just fishing for a reaction ... its that time of year

Reactions: 1 user

Judge Smailes

The world needs ditch diggers too!
Dec 17, 2003
Adelaide
Speaking of "Reacher Round" :ROFLMAO:, if anyone is a member and has been sent a link for access to tickets to the Swans v Tiges game in Adelaide Round 5 that they won't use, could you please send me your code? I'm looking for 3 tickets if possible please. Thanks in advance.