Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
the label changed because global warming does not cover all the effects.

also some do dispute the climate is currently changing, often using temps from a random hot year as the base point, ignoring the longer term trends.
some, usually the same people, then dispute the science that the actions of humans are causing the current changes.
they then blame others for causing the damage (that they previously said wasnt happening, but if it is it not cos of humans anyway.)
then finally it is not cost effective to make the changes that we dont need to make.
Yeah seems anything bad is due to CO2. Nothing good about it gets mentioned, funny that.

I can’t speak for those people, but I wouldn’t describe the average sceptical position like that. I think it is more sure the climate is changing, humans are contributing to a changing climate but probably not to the extent that it will lead to any materially adverse consequences.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
2 firies lost their lives in Buxton overnight protecting others. May they rest in peace. :( :(

Conditions are worsening.
If I lived in Sydney or surrounds I would be getting a bit nervous.
If they don't get rain soon to put these fires out, they will burn to the coast.
Nothing will stand in their way. An absolute disaster is unfolding.

nqtiger

In the jungle
Mar 7, 2004
Back From The jungle
2 firies lost their lives in Buxton overnight protecting others. May they rest in peace. :( :(

Conditions are worsening.
If I lived in Sydney or surrounds I would be getting a bit nervous.
If they don't get rain soon to put these fires out, they will burn to the coast.
Nothing will stand in their way. An absolute disaster is unfolding.

something about Nero fiddling whilst Rome burns comes to mind with our illustrious leader in Hawaii

Reactions: 1 users

nqtiger

In the jungle
Mar 7, 2004
Back From The jungle
Exactly correct, climate change has existed ever since the planet was first formed, we've only started getting our knickers in a twist over it since the world population hit about 5 billion n rising rapidly.

Perhaps Australia should just tell the rest of the world to **** off. They can't have any more coal, ore, gas or anything else that comes out of the ground. Coz we're gunna park everything and save the world from climate change. Wonder how long we'd last?
About as long as the Chinese Navy takes to dock in THEIR ports on our Mainland

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Smoke is now considerably worse in Melbourne this afternoon. When I flagged it this morning I thought it might arrive here in a few days. Not a few hours. No longer now just a NSW problem :(

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
with an extreme right wing Qanon mate ...

Ohh I hadn't heard he was in Hawaii with Tim and Lynelle Stewart. Media still not doing its job.

A for the smoke in Melburne yeah we are getting the NSW smoke today. So it is clearly a national problem.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
NSW declare yet another State of Emergency as half the state continues to burn. Heat records being broken every day..
Fire chief says 'Anything is possible..'

View attachment 9400
Been declaring a state of emergency every day for a month now. Do they somehow think people haven't noticed there's a big fire happening or is it just more exciting to hop up n down calling emergency, emergency every five minutes?

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
And the PM enjoys a cocktail in Hawaii.
*smile*! I just started my holidays yesterday, does this mean I have to cancel n go back to work as well? Pretty sure ScoMo would be even less helpful than an old fart like me when it comes to fighting bush fires. More than likely to either just get in the way or end up as toast. Nothing more than a guilt exercise by the ranters forcing the P.M. to cancel a family holiday he quite possibly booked months before the fires even started.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I saw a car accident today where the *smile* was SCOMO to sort it out? Why should he get a week off?

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Yes but, but, Morrison called the fires a Natural Disaster not long before he got on the plane.
They usually are natural disasters, unless of course it was some flog with a box of matches. The end result is fairly horrifying either way.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
His usual response to disastrous events has been to offer his thoughts and prayers for the victims.

Surely his prayers would have been just as useful if he had sent them from Hawaii and he could have just sent us a video of him praying?

Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Protesting against Scott Morrison in regards to the fires is juvenile political behaviour.
It aint Scotts fault as much as it aint the fire chiefs, the greens or the labor parties fault.
Let the pros do their job and the vollies to do theirs. These people dont need the PM to tell them what to do or to have him pissing in their pockets..........
Some people are *smile* heads, lighting fires only serves self fulfilling prophecies or disturbing fantasies. Accidents do happen too and this is Australia fires happen.

Last edited: