Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I'm no scientist but I do have a memory. I recall over the years that when scientists were talking about what we were going to see in the future unless action was taken it was something like that we have always had extreme weather events but those events would become more frequent and more severe.
Seems to me that is exactly what is happening.
As for SCOMO and his holiday it is more about the optics and the hypocrisy. He is on record as criticising people during the fires in 2009, Christine Nixon is particular for the optics and poor judgement of having dinner out when the fires were happening. You reap what you sew.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Been declaring a state of emergency every day for a month now. Do they somehow think people haven't noticed there's a big fire happening or is it just more exciting to hop up n down calling emergency, emergency every five minutes?

It's actually only the second time. Wild guess but probably has something to do with how serious it is.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
I'm no scientist but I do have a memory. I recall over the years that when scientists were talking about what we were going to see in the future unless action was taken it was something like that we have always had extreme weather events but those events would become more frequent and more severe.
Seems to me that is exactly what is happening.
But you’re not a scientist so you should probably refrain from making conclusions like that.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The fires are still burning and more lives have been lost. Fireys are not bring paid and are buying their own equipment at Bunnings. 800 homes lost.

Morrison refused to meet the fire chiefs when they asked for more funding this year.

He did not tell the country he was taking a holiday and did not nominate the stand-in PM. His office denied he was on holiday only this week. Why?

He is not a leader in a time of emergency.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The fires are still burning and more lives have been lost. Fireys are not bring paid and are buying their own equipment at Bunnings. 800 homes lost.

Morrison refused to meet the fire chiefs when they asked for more funding this year.

He did not tell the country he was taking a holiday and did not nominate the stand-in PM. His office denied he was on holiday only this week. Why?

He is not a leader in a time of emergency.

Bucket loads of thoughts & prayers though.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Unfortunately, besides lunatics lighting fires, there still doesn't seem to be a way to prevent bushfires in this country.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
I don’t need you telling me what I can and can’t do thanks.
By the way it’s an observation not a conclusion which is why I used the word seems.
Free advice, you’re welcome. Lol at your second sentence, if you were honest you’d admit you’ve made your mind up. Climate change theory says bush fires will get worse, we’re seeing some horrific bushfires, ergo it confirms the theory.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Free advice, you’re welcome. Lol at your second sentence, if you were honest you’d admit you’ve made your mind up. Climate change theory says bush fires will get worse, we’re seeing some horrific bushfires, ergo it confirms the theory.
So here we go again. Telling me what I think and don’t think. You are wrong btw but there is no point in discussing that.
By the way a couple of months ago you criticised me for what you suggested was an unnecessary post because you believed I was just having a pot shot at you. So what do you? Yep you have a pot shot.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
So here we go again. Telling me what I think and don’t think. You are wrong btw but there is no point in discussing that.
By the way a couple of months ago you criticised me for what you suggested was an unnecessary post because you believed I was just having a pot shot at you. So what do you? Yep you have a pot shot.
I’m not even sure what you think I’m wrong about? You make a post which advances the position that climate change and these bushfires are linked and then you claim that’s not your position. You appeal to your memory not science to back it up like that’s supposed to mean something.

You might not want to put much confidence in your memory if that’s your recollection. I accused you of putting through a cheap gotcha attempt because you couldn’t back it up with a reasoned argument. My argument is that to suggest climate change and these bushfires are linked would need some sort of scientific basis, not appeals to your memory.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I’m not even sure what you think I’m wrong about? You make a post which advances the position that climate change and these bushfires are linked and then you claim that’s not your position. You appeal to your memory not science to back it up like that’s supposed to mean something.

You might not want to put much confidence in your memory if that’s your recollection. I accused you of putting through a cheap gotcha attempt because you couldn’t back it up with a reasoned argument. My argument is that to suggest climate change and these bushfires are linked would need some sort of scientific basis, not appeals to your memory.
Rubbish. I asked you a question and you threw a tantie and said I was having a potshot, that’s all that happened. You are so hell bent on being right that you can’t see that you did exactly the same thing as you accused me of doing.
Your whole MO is built around people being in boxes. If they say x they believe y, if they believe y they are in a particular box.
Human beings are way more complex than that.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He was dishonest about even going on a holiday now and that tells you all you need to know about the character of the man.

Reactions: 1 user

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Rubbish. I asked you a question and you threw a tantie and said I was having a potshot, that’s all that happened. You are so hell bent on being right that you can’t see that you did exactly the same thing as you accused me of doing.
Your whole MO is built around people being in boxes. If they say x they believe y, if they believe y they are in a particular box.
Human beings are way more complex than that.
Nope, have a read back, your memory is faulty. I challenged you, you sat back and couldn’t stand the scrutiny. For a smart guy you can be very intellectually dishonest.

My MO is calling BS when I see it.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Are you an economist?

DS
It’s a good shout, you don’t have to be a professional scientist to make a firm conclusion but you’d definitively need to do a bit more data analysis than ST has done. I’m going to keep claiming he made a firm conclusion until he can articulate clearly otherwise.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

So now the Gippsland fire is at emergency level and big fires in SA too now. 8 people have now died this fire season.
Incredible vision.
While Australia burns, our firies are giving their lives with hose in hand, and our Prime Minister is living it up overseas with a cocktail in hand.
All at time before he snuck away..... he said was a National Disaster.

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Nope, have a read back, your memory is faulty. I challenged you, you sat back and couldn’t stand the scrutiny. For a smart guy you can be very intellectually dishonest.

My MO is calling BS when I see it.
Deflection. You had a cheap pot shot today but you are not honest enough to admit it.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Deflection. You had a cheap pot shot today but you are not honest enough to admit it.
Deflection. I never accused you of a cheap pot shot they are your words. I said cheap gotcha. Pot shot is ad hominem, gotcha is just lazy sophistry. For someone that goes on about how things aren’t so black and white, do you see the nuisance there?

Do you also see the difference in that I’m prepared to debate and to articulate my arguments while you aren’t interested in debate (your words) and when I attempt to make sense of your postings you just claim I’m wrong without articulating how I am wrong. You just appeal to this things aren’t x and y line of argument and think that settles it.