Global Warming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Global Warming

That study is purely on entries about US politcs only. Nothing else. And the bias it mentions is minor, but then there is this little nugget when comparing Enc Britannica and Wikipedia.

"The difference for a pair of articles decreases with more revisions of Wikipedia articles"

Which is natural as more people edit, update and provide resources, they will come from all sides to ensure balance.

So Wikipedia which is already to the left of Britannica, moves less left with revisions. Says plenty about the original authors.

Try this one.

Why does Wikipedia have such an appalling left-wing liberal bias?

It's commonly perceived to be left wing, in the same way YouTube is seen as right wing.

Reactions: 1 user

Did you read the responses, or just the question? Or just pasted the link?

But hey, let's use your link and let's see what the most upvoted answer was:

Wikipedia does have a somewhat liberal bias in general, it's just what you get with educated people. I'm going from memory here, but in the earlier days of the Internet, many people tried to start websites that pitted liberals vs. conservatives in an essay format. It didn't work.

The problem was that conservatives do poorly when they have to argue facts and assumptions and aren't allowed to control the narrative. Wikipedia is merely reflective of this. On the radio, where they do not have to argue the facts and they can control the narrative, conservatives do far better than liberals.

What hurts conservatives the most is their anti-science stance. Or more accurately, they treat science like a smorgasbord, picking and choosing what they want to believe. That won't work on Wikipedia in most cases. (Although Wikipedia editors are infamously guilty of this on fringe sciences.)

Now I'm deeply critical of Wikipedia and it has massive flaws that deeply damage its credibility, but this goes far beyond Wikipedia. It is a fundamental difference in how liberals and conservatives think.

I've posted this before, but if you consider evidence, education and science to be left leaning, you're going to think a lot of information sources are left leaning.

Don't worry about it CoburgT, anyone who doesn't agree with L2 & HR is automatically labelled as a "Lefty"

Did you read the responses, or just the question? Or just pasted the link?

Quora itself is generally left wing.
Most of the editors on Wikipedia, or people with editing rights, are liberals mainly from the journalistic and social science academic fields
Wikipedia does have a somewhat liberal bias in general
Wikipedia is extreme left wing, it can't be more obvious
I’d say the India articles show left-wing bias

Yeah I read the comments.

There is a reason 'beyond a reasonable doubt' is not a scientific standard of proof.

It's also not a rational way to make policy or even life decisions.
Isn't that the standard for sending people to jail, beyond reasonable doubt?

Deleted my original reply to TT as my response was equally as lame as TTs misdirected accusation above.

At least you had the honesty to say what others would only whisper.

How am I supposed to come back from that? "I am not a racist" doesn't cut it.

Did you ever catch up with Beatle and ask him what I'm like?

we're getting threads crossed.

I'll take a spell from these boards and stick to footy and nags.

you have lost the plot L2GB.

fair dinkum

having a spell till the bounce could do you the world of good?
In support of L2, this was a p!ss take on recently mentioned comments from within this thread by another poster. I got it and it was well used. However not long back on another thread someone close to this posted about a public figure in Australia needing to be dead. Im not quoting it as i cannot be bothered backtracking. Wonder who that was?
Hold "each" to the same standard as L2 does.
Probably the 2nd blocked poster.

Last edited:
In support of L2, this was a p!ss take on recently mentioned comments from within this thread by another poster. I got it and it was well used. However not long back on another thread someone close to this posted about a public figure in Australia needing to be dead. Im not quoting it as i cannot be bothered backtracking. Wonder who that was?
Hold "each" to the same standard as L2 does.

Thanks for the support but I’m genuinely frothing-at-the-mouth angry and it’s been building since Thursday.

I don’t want anyone to defend these angry posts at fellow Tiger supporters. They’re not defensible. I’m just sick of turning the other cheek.

It really is a pointless exercise LtRtR because the world views are completely at odds. The best solution is to break our political bonds and go our separate ways. In no way shape or form do I want to be in political union with the majority of people posting on these boards and I’m sure they feel the same. Win win. Succession is the most peaceful way to avoid the alternative when arguments don’t work.