Gold Coast v Richmond Round 1 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gold Coast v Richmond Round 1

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
There's a replay available for those interested. Commentary a little lacklustre but hey, better than a poke in the eye.

VFL Rd1

I suggest recording a little ditty of the Macarena,

But replace Macarena with 'kane mccauliffe'

And play it on loop for the duration of the game.

As in ' one macca, two macca, three kane mccauliffe,

Four macca, five macca, six kane mccaullife

Seven macca, eight macca, nine kane mccauliffe

Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy Kane McCauliffe'

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
For those who watch the VFL regularly what’s your opinion of Morris’ coaching. I’ve always hoped he could succeed at this level and go on to do good things at AFL level. This is his 3rd season I think, and it looks to me like it’s starting to come together for him.

Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
For those who watch the VFL regularly what’s your opinion of Morris’ coaching. I’ve always hoped he could succeed at this level and go on to do good things at AFL level. This is his 3rd season I think, and it looks to me like it’s starting to come together for him.
The team is playing well CTT. Morris should get credit but I think Yze has his fingerprints on it. I think you notice game style more at vfl level because fewer stars confusing the picture. Noticeable that we are much more controlled bringing the ball off half back with 20 meter kicks till we switch or kick long to a moving target. Our first team still needs to be reconditioned. I noticed yze was bemused in the box by our attempts to bring the ball out from kick ins against Carlton.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I dont watch a heap of Richmond VFL live - 2-3 games a year.

but I commented to my triple premiership mate yesterday (we sat together '17, '19, '20 ; rare members of the triple premiership club I think?)

'Morris is coaching well'. he went 'yeah'

I conversed above with @Tig3, that there was an odd spell where Tigers looked heavy legged late in the third. then GC tacticians where they went ball control 3 goals down in the last,

on reflection, I think Morris conjured that rest? im not sure. Naismith played loose back and we maybe flooded, and possibly forced GC hand.

we slowed the game up and brought it home, when it looked like GC were gonna run over us.

it looked like good coaching to me.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Gun - team is well organised defensively, plays in the moment ( hence the come from behind wins), tough in the contest and hard to play against, mostly regardless of personnel. Love his interviews too. Back pocket plummer Tiger..!

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
The team is playing well CTT. Morris should get credit but I think Yze has his fingerprints on it. I think you notice game style more at vfl level because fewer stars confusing the picture. Noticeable that we are much more controlled bringing the ball off half back with 20 meter kicks till we switch or kick long to a moving target. Our first team still needs to be reconditioned. I noticed yze was bemused in the box by our attempts to bring the ball out from kick ins against Carlton.
I was left hoping the firsts could move the ball like the vfl. They're much more assured. Good observation there.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Living on the border, at least you can have sex for 63 minutes!!

What did you think of Nick Guiney?
Nicholas GUINEY

VFL62.png

18-Jan-2002 (21 years old), 3rd year in program, half back/inside mid/wing, 187cm

Local club - Old Xaverians (VAFA)

Will be like an exciting new recruit in 2024 after last season was wiped out with a debilitating foot injury. Was super impressive in his debut year in 2022 as a tough and athletic defender that can run through the midfield.

Great team guy is Nick, and has a great nickname 'The Pig'

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I suggest recording a little ditty of the Macarena,

But replace Macarena with 'kane mccauliffe'

And play it on loop for the duration of the game.

As in ' one macca, two macca, three kane mccauliffe,

Four macca, five macca, six kane mccaullife

Seven macca, eight macca, nine kane mccauliffe

Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy Kane McCauliffe'
Could join the Grog Squad playlist along with Dusty’s song.

Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Didnt notice him,

But he could have been 2nd best on ground.

I became mesmerised by kane mccauliffe about 10 minutes in,

And trained my eyes on him for the remainder,

Even when he was on the bench
I’ll answer my own question.
He’s a definite watch. Has AFL traits

Nicholas Guiney (14 disposals, five rebound-50s, four marks)

"One of the better players on the ground on the day. The amount of times he was able to nullify an opposition inside 50 entry, and get the ball back going back our way, was incredible. It's great to see him back playing VFL footy after 18 months off the scene."